PDA

View Full Version : Firmware update glitch. (sa3vbe08kc/37)

kitukwfyer
08-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I connected my device (sa3vbe08kc/37) to my computer, and Songbird has informed me (several times) actually, that new firmware (FW 2.12) has been detected and would I like to install it. I click the "Install New Firmware" button. It then goes to a screen with a loading bar warning me not to unplug my device while firmware is updating. Then the screen changes again, and instructs me to disconnect my device, power off the device completely, and then reconnect holding down the vol+ button until the message disappears. At the bottom of the window it has the status of my device. At first it says "device connected," and when I disconnect it, it accordingly changes to "disconnected."

...And then nothing happens. I reconnect the device holding down the button as instructed, and it continues to say "disconnected." The message does not ever disappear or change in any way. So I hit the cancel button. When I go to look at my current firmware version, it says I have version 0.00. (Even though the "would I like to update" box seems to think I have FW 1.00 or 1.03) Every once in a while, when I unplug the device, and it says it's updating...something. I don't know what.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? My device works fine. I've never had any problems with it, but this seems really weird. :/

ultravy
08-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Tried to repair your device via Philips songbird,?! in tools you have repair my phipls device, yours may be GoGear Vibe (SA3VBE). Use latest PSongbird

kitukwfyer
08-09-2012, 09:33 AM
I repaired it, and it all went smoothly, but my current firmware version still said 0.00. I manually checked for new firmware, and it updated. It didn't freeze like it was accustomed to.... but it still says my current firmware is version 0.00. It still works, though, same as before...

ultravy
08-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Well this could be a firmware problem, messed up the version! to bad, becouse philips doesnt post the old firmware,(could flashed to old version that works) only via songbird, like motherboard manufactures post and not delete BIOS versions!
if a new version of firmware is released (curent FW 2.12 - as you posted) try to update.

hope someone else is viewing this and will corect the firmware version!

kwinnie
08-13-2012, 02:37 AM
do you have some pop up message saying you have successfully repaired your device?
because it appears to me that the repair action havent yet been done. if you have repair your device, it shud be with the latest firmware which is 2.12