PDA

View Full Version : Problem with WiFi MediaConnect

brettos10
08-08-2012, 06:26 PM
I've just recently bought a Philips Smart-TV 32PFL4007 and the usb-wifiadapter that goes with it.
now, i have my tv and my pc connected to the same network, but i cannot seem to get the projection function working, i can view my pc's shared maps with the pictures, videos, and music just fine, and view/listen to those, but when i try to use the projection functionality with the wifi mediaconnect program on my pc, it keeps saying no reaction received from tv, please go to the Online FAQ for wifi mediaconnect (or something like that, i have translated it)

What am I doing wrong?

Philips - Benedickte
08-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I've just recently bought a Philips Smart-TV 32PFL4007 and the usb-wifiadapter that goes with it.
now, i have my tv and my pc connected to the same network, but i cannot seem to get the projection function working, i can view my pc's shared maps with the pictures, videos, and music just fine, and view/listen to those, but when i try to use the projection functionality with the wifi mediaconnect program on my pc, it keeps saying no reaction received from tv, please go to the Online FAQ for wifi mediaconnect (or something like that, i have translated it)

What am I doing wrong?

Hi brettos10.

First of all welcome to our forums, and congratulations with your new TV.

The reason why you cannot get WiFi Media Connect to work ios because our 2012 TV's does not support this. If you want to project your Pc to your TV , please use a suitable cable( in example HDMI).

Best Regards
Benedickte

barbara
08-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Hello,
I bought recently a tv model 24PFL350&H/12 with the adapter the wifi mediaconnect to get the connection, Both are suppose to function together,but it does'nt.
Is it for the same reason than for the case of Brettos1o ? In that case why Philips advise to buy this adaptater with this tv ?
A disturbed Member :confused:

Philips - Benedickte
08-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Hello,
I bought recently a tv model 24PFL350&H/12 with the adapter the wifi mediaconnect to get the connection, Both are suppose to function together,but it does'nt.
Is it for the same reason than for the case of Brettos1o ? In that case why Philips advise to buy this adaptater with this tv ?
A disturbed Member :confused:

Hi barbara

Yes this is the same as brettos10, and it's not because of your PTA01, This is about the software (WiFi Media Connect) . Any TV's xxPFLxxx7x/xx will not work with WiFi Media connect.
The PTA01 is the wireless usb adaptor to make sure you get wireless internett on your TV.
If you want to view videos, pictures and listen to music from your please use Twonky media (downloadable from support page for your TV) or Windows Media Player 12. Please make sure your PC is within the requirements for these programs.

Best Regards
Benedickte