PDA

View Full Version : Missing Internet radio channel

acridin
08-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Hey everybody,

till several weeks Im not able anymore to hear MDR Sputnik. I can find the channel with my MCI8080 and my NP3700. But they only shortly show the channel and the switch automatically to the next one.

MDR Sputnik is still broadcasting online. So what is the reason and how can I fix this. Any Ideas?

Alex

kwinnie
08-10-2012, 10:09 AM
hi there i can hear that on my np3700
maybe you check the connection of ur player? or reset your player?

jagodd
09-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Hello folks, hello Support Team,

I can confirm this issue. I'm using a NP3900 and the MDR Sputnik station stopped working in August 2012. My device is connected via LAN cable. So I can odd out some connection issues. Other stations are working fine. Resetting the NP3900 to factory defaults also did not fix the issue.

So I started a deeper investiation and traced the network traffic. NP3900 uses TuneIn in background. It does not get a streaming URL from TuneIn and after a few retries the NP3900 picks up the next station.

The station was not working on tunein.com too until Sep 9th. But the station is working again on tunein.com. I did a 2nd reset on my NP3900 a few minutes ago. But the issue still exists. The NP3900 does not get a valid stream and jumps to the next station.

The Philips support is hopefully reading this article too. In my considered opinion it is not the end users duty doing such technical investigations. So please step in here!

Regards,
jagodd