PAN
08-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Any suggestions anyone?

Philips - Rafe
08-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi PAN,

Welcome to the Philips forum :)

I was sorry to see you're having problems with your television :(

How long has this been happening? Have you recently changed the software on your set? Also, could you confirm whether this is happening on all sources?

I look forward to hearing from you!

^Rafe

PAN
08-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi PAN,

Welcome to the Philips forum :)

I was sorry to see you're having problems with your television :(

How long has this been happening? Have you recently changed the software on your set? Also, could you confirm whether this is happening on all sources?

I look forward to hearing from you!

^Rafe

Thank you for the reply Rafe.

The problem intensified the last couple of months, and the past two weeks its an everyday event.
No I have not changed the software; and yes this is happening on all sources.

I have been in touch with the local philips shop, and over the phone they told me that it must be a problem with the inverter board.
Now hear this: They told me that the part only comes as part of the display panel unit and thus it is expensive. they quoted me 380 just for parts!!!!!

I find this simply unacceptable which is really a shame to have to throw a philips TV after 3 and a half years.

To be honest when I was buying my 2 TV sets ( i also own a 52 inch one) from philips I thought I was paying more but at the same time I would have ease of mind.

I really hope you can help me locate the part at a more logical price.

Thank you again for the attention.!

Philips - Rafe
08-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi again PAN,

I appreciate that must be quite frustrating for you indeed! :(

I would advise that you check the current version of software on your television, and if necessary, update to the latest version which you can find on this page:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=42PFL7403D/10&slg=en&scy=GB

If you're still having problems, I would advise the best thing to do is speak with Philips directly where you are, and not just with a Philips authorised shop.

If you can confirm where you are, I can get you the contact details :)

^Rafe

PAN
08-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Thank you Rafe,

I did the upgrade and fingers crossed this will solve the problem.

I am in Cyprus, so any contact details will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, PAN

Philips - Rafe
08-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Hopefully, the software will solve the problem for you!

It's worth checking that the cables are all pushed in correctly as well, but no doubt you have done this already.

Your nearest Philips offices are in Greece, so give them a call using the number on the link below, or if it's easier for you, drop them an email and they'll be able to find you more detailed information for Cyprus :)

http://www.support.philips.com/support/contact/contact_page.jsp?userLanguage=el&userCountry=gr

If you need any more help, please don't hesitate to give me a shout!

^Rafe