PDA

View Full Version : BDP3200 nasty noise when turned off

sebax2303
08-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Well like the topic says..i have recently bought a BDP3200, i have a strange problem..when the BDP is off, there is a nasty sound that comes form the place where you plug the power cord to the bdp.. its sounds like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fB8DzjBtz8&feature=player_detailpage#t=18s

When you turn it on, it dissappears & the same happens when you unplug it form the power source.

During the day you can even notice it, but it is annoying during the night when u try to sleep and everithing is in silence.

When i noticed it, i went to the shop where i bougth it, and they, besides they laught at me, changed it for another one.. the problem is that the replacemnt also make this noise when is off...

It's Normal? could it be possible that 2 bdp make the sme noise?

The only way i can find to solve this is to unplug it every time i don't use it..but is annoying..

Any help?

kwinnie
08-10-2012, 07:02 AM
it does not sound normal and if that's like the noise in the youtube you shown, it s very irritating actually.
for interference like this... have you placed some special electronic devices near your player?

sebax2303
08-10-2012, 10:24 AM
I Have It near a LCD, a Pc LCD monitor and Pc 2.1 speakers.. But i Have tested It alone in other places and It makes that sound too.

The strangest thing is that when you power It on It stops .. It only make It when is in stand by..

Also when the shop repleaced It the new one makes the same sound..

Schlacke
08-10-2012, 02:37 PM
I would bet itīs the power supply unit that produces this strange sound.
It should be a well known problem (for philips).
There are different versions (revisions) of the BDP3200, and some of them have this problem.
Often posted f.e. on the amazon page in Germany or U.K..
And i also found a thread here in the forum (BDP7600).

Philips - QK
08-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Dear sebax2303,

Would you consider to contact Philips local support and see what the alternatives are available?
Please let them know this is the second unit that you have with the same issue.

I may not understand the way of work in your country well. Please let me know if the above does not help.
Meanwhile, I'll work with our quality team to check if this is really a known field issue.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

kwinnie
08-13-2012, 07:19 AM
looking at your case, i suspect it may be due to the power source ...
any possibility that the power source may not be very stable so as to cause this issue? if yes, i think exchanging an unit wont help.

ghoul
08-27-2012, 02:22 PM
HI, I'm from Argentina too and i have the same problem! that noise is really irritating but now i'm used to it and i can't hear it anymore (but it's still there). I think the problem is that the BD uses a 2-pin cable (not grounded).

Schlacke
08-27-2012, 03:10 PM
If the noise problem would be based on the 2-pin cable every BDP should have that problem.
And thatīs not the case. There are also BDP 3200 which havenīt that noise problem.
Maybe could be test to pull out the power cord, turn the plug 180 degrees and put it in again.

Philips - Remko
08-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Dear ghoul,

Please get in contact with your local call centre www.philips.com/support

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team