View Full Version : Do I have to pay for Net TV?
07-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Do I need to pay anything when I want to use NetTV or are all services really free of charge?
Have a nice day, Kees.
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Net TV is great as its is FREE OF CHARGE !!!!!
07-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Seems that Philips is also planning pay Services. Just read this on the web (about Video-on-demand): http://tweakers.net/reviews/1581/5/hands-on-de-philips-9705h-interface-en-video-on-demand.html. Is in dutch....
Also this is useful (found on internet). What is needed?:
A 2010 generation TV. (Sorry, no video store on 2009 models)
Net TV operational.
A memory card installed (4MB or more, high speed quality for video).
You need to be in the same country as the video store is presented. (Film2Home is presented in Net TV in country Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark)
The latest software upgrade needs to be installed into the TV. (This software is available via automatic upgrade over IP, consumers have to approve for the upgrade pop-up).
Credit Card for payment or a voucher-code for a free film. Trailers can be watch for free. Only the listed credit cards can be used.
The internet connection needs to be functional to view a movie, even after a complete download.
07-12-2010, 03:28 PM
NetTVMod: Please continue this video-on-demand topic under "VideoStore" discussions.
07-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Some extra info: This "film2home" Service is life since 12-JUL-'10 in Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Denmark only.
Soon this also will go life for BE and NL (via local partner "VideoLand").
What you need to know about "film2home":
• This Video-store can be started via the Film2home icon in Net TV. This icon is located in the Video-store category on the Net TV homepage.
• When you rented a movie it is available to watch for 24 hours.
• When you stop viewing and go out of the store; to restart/continue the movie again, within the rental period, follow the same science as ordering the movie, the store will know you already paid for it and will not ask to pay again. In the top-screen the store will offer to show your personal settings. Also there the rented video’s are listed and can be reactivated, if still within rental period.
• You cannot record the movie.
• Data on the memory card is encrypted and cannot be used in any other device.
• Film2Home contains some soft erotic movies, but does not offer porn. Like every Net TV service the service can be equipped with a (child)-lock (= pin-code access) Set a child-lock via the options button on the remote. (= the outer circle down button).
08-24-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm from Portugal and i want to know when this video services are available in my country.
09-25-2010, 05:07 PM
What popular videostores do you have in Portugal?
11-20-2010, 07:55 PM
hi , is this service available in switezerland
11-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Read this (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?360-Overview-of-Net-TV-services) and download the attched XLS file. In this file you'll find an overview per service, model and country.
This list will be updated whenever new services are added, so keep a close eye on it....