PDA

View Full Version : Philips 42PFL7456H12 speaker problem, or normal behavior?

csaboo
08-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi,

Is it normal, that if I lean slightly above and behind my 42PFL7456H12 TV, I can only hear (definite middle) sound coming from the right side of the back panel? There are two bigger meshed areas there, and the left one is right above the headphone and speaker outputs - this meshed area produces no sound (I believe there should be a speaker there as well).
When I am listening to the TV from my standard viewing position the sound-stage is okay, so this problem is only audible from the spot I mentioned above.

Is this the TV's fault, or simply the design of it?
Thanks!

csaboo

Philips - Benedickte
08-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi,

Is it normal, that if I lean slightly above and behind my 42PFL7456H12 TV, I can only hear (definite middle) sound coming from the right side of the back panel? There are two bigger meshed areas there, and the left one is right above the headphone and speaker outputs - this meshed area produces no sound (I believe there should be a speaker there as well).
When I am listening to the TV from my standard viewing position the sound-stage is okay, so this problem is only audible from the spot I mentioned above.

Is this the TV's fault, or simply the design of it?
Thanks!

csaboo

Hi csaboo

I can confirm this is normal. As this is an electrical appliance it will be making a hissing noise. So the answer of your question, it is designed like this.

Best Regards
Benedickte

csaboo
10-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi Benedickte!

I assume that you are talking about the speaker (or considering its absence, the meshed panel) above the outputs. Without proper shielding it would be making a hissing noise, yes? Am I understanding this correctly?
Anyways, thank you for your answer! :)

Best Regards
Csaba