PDA

View Full Version : How to make SoundDot play tracks in order I want?

silu
08-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi,

I just bought a SoundDot and I have encountered some difficulties when playing tracks in alphabetic order.

I like to listen to audiobooks and they often are split in several parts. For example, Alice's Adventures In The Wonderland have 13 parts and they are played by SoundDot totally not by order even if I name the files 01, 02, 03 etc...

How should I name my files so the SoundDot would play the list from the first to the last track in order, without any jumps?

silu
08-13-2012, 12:50 PM
EDIT:

I just figured out that one can always merge mp3 files and play them on the player without bothering about the order! I just merged the split parts of my audiobooks and it works fine!

If you don't have better solution, go and download MP3 Merger from here:
http://download.cnet.com/Merge-MP3/3000-2169_4-10410936.html

It is free, very simple to use and fast. Before downloading it will impolitely ask you to install a new browser and a new safety shield on your computer but you'd better disagree and untick these options. It won't stop the downloading process.

silu
08-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Well, I have to say, I was expecting some kind of answer from Philips representative. Even if a comment saying that I am a silly noob doing something wrong. Nothing. Silence. It is like I would come into the shop, would ask a question and the staff would ignore me. Lame.

silu
08-17-2012, 06:34 PM
So, it appears that Sound Dot will play mp3 files in correct order if you will drag&drop them into the Sound Dot window one by one and in wanted order.

Thanks to anonymous internet users for advice!