PDA

View Full Version : 40PFL4706/F7 Firmware Upgrade PHL-0AB_326_0

bock123
08-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Was forced to upgrade to PHL-0AB_326_0 about a week ago. Since the upgrade, Youtube videos are constantly buffering. Did not have this problem prior to the firmeware upgrade, and there have been no changes with TV/network positioning nor network configuration. Network tests from the TV always pass, and there are about 3 bars strength.

One new benefit is pairing with android device did work post upgrade, but it doesn't provide too much benefit when youtube constantly pauses to buffer.

Again, buffering at any rate, never happened prior to firmware upgrade. It is almost as if network speed was cut in half post upgrade.

If there was a way to roll back the firmware I would do it, but I was forced to upgrade upon launching youtube.

Any solutions out there?

daempii
08-17-2012, 03:43 AM
I also got the same problem. That is why I hate upgrading. It gives more problem than solution. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-tongue.gif

bock123
08-17-2012, 02:23 PM
100% agree. Have tried many other things, and cannot get Youtube to play more consistently. At times it doesnt even load the videos. Normally, I'm a fan of firmware upgrades, but obviously this one has burned a little.

It wouldn't be so bad if one could roll back to a previous version, but again, this was a forced firmware upgrade where when youtuve was launched, the upgrade was required.

Philips - Benedickte
08-20-2012, 10:25 AM
100% agree. Have tried many other things, and cannot get Youtube to play more consistently. At times it doesnt even load the videos. Normally, I'm a fan of firmware upgrades, but obviously this one has burned a little.

It wouldn't be so bad if one could roll back to a previous version, but again, this was a forced firmware upgrade where when youtuve was launched, the upgrade was required.

Hi daempii and bock123

I would advise you to contact your local customer service (http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off).

Best regards,
Benedickte

bock123
08-23-2012, 02:13 AM
For those that may experience this same issue, support emailed instructions to deactivate youtube (in setup menu) and if that doesn't work perform full reset by unplugging the tv for over 1 min and then plugging back in.

After trying both of those, youtube performance seems to be back to normal, though time will tell. For the first time post firmware upgrade, the tv made it through a 30 min youtube video.

Hoping this may help someone else.

bock123
08-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Problem still continues. There was optimism in the post above. But after spending some time using the network side of the TV, it was confirmed the problem still exists. Also, the problem is not specific to youtube, the problem also manifests on Pandora - is now choppy, and film fresh even points out that network is too slow.

This firmware has definitely negatively changed the performance of the wireless LAN. Very dissapointed with that firmware release.

Most frustrating, prior to the most recent firmware upgrade, the TV performed optimally, and there were no issues.