PDA

View Full Version : problem with tuneing my philips 5000 tv by analuge

geoffw2005
08-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Hi,
Can anyone advice me, i have just had a sky cable fitted in to a bedroom and moved my philips 5000 tv upstairs . when trying to find channels it wont pick any up on the search. tryed toshiba tv and works fine .

can anyone help ?

geoff

Philips - Benedickte
08-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi,
Can anyone advice me, i have just had a sky cable fitted in to a bedroom and moved my philips 5000 tv upstairs . when trying to find channels it wont pick any up on the search. tryed toshiba tv and works fine .

can anyone help ?

geoff

Hi Geoff.

How have you connected your TV now and how was it connected before?
Could you please confirm what is the software version in your TV?

Best Regards
Benedickte

geoffw2005
08-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi Geoff.

How have you connected your TV now and how was it connected before?
Could you please confirm what is the software version in your TV?

Best Regards
Benedickte

I have just had sky engineer install a cable from my hd box to my bedroom and connected it by the aerial input at the back of the tv, before that the tv was in the the study connected by HDMI. sorry i don't know the softwere level.

geoffw2005
08-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Do i need to update my philips tv softwere ?

Philips - Benedickte
08-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Do i need to update my philips tv softwere ?

Hi Geoff.

You can find out what software version you have by
1. Press menu button(house) .
2. Select [Setup] > [Software settings] >
[Current software info], then press OK.

The latest is 140.46. you can find more info about this and the file to update here (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=GB&mid=Link_FAQs&view=aa12_view_partial.html&session=20120816103214_80.254.147.236&list=aa12_list_partial.html&slg=ENG&ctn=40PFL5605H/05&dct=FAQ&refnr=0075340&faqview=1).

Best Regards
Benedickte

geoffw2005
08-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi Benedickte,

I am at work at the moment, but will updateing the softwere level resolve the problem ? and is it easy to update?

regards
Geoff

Philips - Benedickte
08-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Hi Benedickte,

I am at work at the moment, but will updateing the softwere level resolve the problem ? and is it easy to update?

regards
Geoff

Hi Geoff

A software update improves the TV's functionality. This is very easy.
1. Go to the supportpage and download the .zip File
2. Unpack this file and put on an empty USB stick
3. Turn TV on and put the USB stick in the USB input on the TV.
4. Follow the instructions on the TV.

You can also find the instructions with the upgrade file.

NOTE: A software update may take up to 20 minutes to complete, so please be patient if it uses a little time.

Best Regards
Benedickte

geoffw2005
08-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Hi Benedickte,
I installed the latest softwere 140.46 last night and the philips tv is still unable to find any channels ?
what would you suggest ?
regards
Geoff

Philips - Benedickte
08-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Hi Benedickte,
I installed the latest softwere 140.46 last night and the philips tv is still unable to find any channels ?
what would you suggest ?
regards
Geoff

Hi Geoff.

Thank you so much for this feedback.

I suggest you check that you HD Box is on and cables are properly plugged in, I'm sure you've already done this, but a double check is always good.

The next thing i suggest is that you try to change the channel settings to antenna (DVB-T) and then do a full channel instalation:
1. While watching TV, press menu ( house) .
2. Select [Setup] > [Channel settings].
3. Select [Channel installation] > [Antenna
or Cable DVB].
4. Select [Antenna (DVB-T)]
5. Press OK to confirm.

6. Press menu (house)
7. Select Setup, Press ok
8. Search channels, Press ok
9. Reinstall, Press ok
10. Select UK (country), Press ok
11. select Antenna ( DVB-T), Press ok
12 Press ok on start.

If this doesn't find any channels after done, please test the Box on another TV with same setup (arieal not HDMI cable), and or another arieal with the same TV and see if you get any channels then. This to check if the Box is working fine ( even the outputs), also to check that TV can find any channels with any arieal.

For further help and assistance, I would advise you to call in to our customer service (http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off). Please explain to them what you have already gone through to save your time by going through this again. I would also advise you to have model number, serial number and date of purchase ready if you're calling them up.

Best Regards
Benedickte