PDA

View Full Version : When are Spotify, Napster and Tune In being added?

smal
08-17-2012, 11:38 AM
The box and marketing materials mention Spotify, Napster and Tune In support but none of the apps support this and I have had the speaker for over 2 months now. When are these features coming?

I am slightly concerned this speaker can not currently be puchased online, not via the Philips shop and it has also disappeared from the John Lewis website, which is where I purchased it from.

Is the product still for sale? If it is not, will the above features ever be released?

smal
08-30-2012, 12:53 PM
The box and marketing materials mention Spotify, Napster and Tune In support but none of the apps support this and I have had the speaker for over 2 months now. When are these features coming?

I am slightly concerned this speaker can not currently be puchased online, not via the Philips shop and it has also disappeared from the John Lewis website, which is where I purchased it from.

Is the product still for sale? If it is not, will the above features ever be released?

Is anybody even monitoring this forum anymore?

Philips - Remko
08-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi smal,

Sorry for coming back to you so late.

The part of Tune In is working already or are you having any problems with internet radio?

The team is currently working on a new Fw to include Napster and Spotify. I cannot give you any release dates though on this.

Kind regards,

Philips Moderation Team

k1200rs
11-26-2012, 11:53 AM
I note that Philips does not refer to Napster, Spotify or iTune anymore on the French web pages related to the AWx000 product range.
I just bought a AW1000 and I don't know which music service will be made available to it...On a more generic basis, this raises the question of which Musical Services are or will be supported by Philips.
It is important for customers buying connected audio systems.

kwinnie
11-27-2012, 02:20 AM
hi k1200rs,

:) a new device! let us know the reviews!
here you are the FAQ: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=AW1000/10&dct=FAQ&faqview=1&list=aa12_list_partial.html&mid=Link_FAQs&refnr=0095828&scy=DE&slg=AEN&view=aa12_view_partial.html

Checked the French one not available yet, maybe due to translation lead time

k1200rs
11-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Thanks kwinnie, about the AW1000, I trust the HW will be just fine (always been the case) just a bit concerned about the Software (firmware and AirStudio), let's see. The product has just been shipped, I will most probably receive it in next few days.

k1200rs
11-30-2012, 06:34 AM
On the AW1000, Spotify and Deezer are available.