PDA

View Full Version : Philips 8007K with Harmony One

Mirtilo
08-17-2012, 04:23 PM
HI,

Is it possible to use a Logitech Harmony One universal remote with the new Philips 8007k?

I am asking this because 8007k remote works with RF and all universal remotes are IR.

Many thanks,

Mirtilo

Toengel
08-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi,

the 2012 devices which are shipped with RF remote control should also have an IR receiver... Just try in a shop with a different Philips remote...

Toengel@Alex

daempii
08-18-2012, 02:55 AM
As long as it is a universal remote, you might be able to use it. Just be sure that this remote is also a new model. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-tongue.gif

tamasp
08-23-2012, 12:28 PM
HI,

Is it possible to use a Logitech Harmony One universal remote with the new Philips 8007k?

I am asking this because 8007k remote works with RF and all universal remotes are IR.

Many thanks,

Mirtilo

I have send 2 weeks ago Logitech information about the 8007 and they have make a profile you can ad on the harmony. It works for me about 1 1/2 week now.

LV78
08-29-2012, 01:42 PM
I have send 2 weeks ago Logitech information about the 8007 and they have make a profile you can ad on the harmony. It works for me about 1 1/2 week now.

Hi

I am looking for the same IR code for the 7007H as the remote is RF.
Could not see the profile created on the Harmony for the 8007K only see 4007K. Is this the one finally that you are using?
Thanks

tamasp
08-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Hi

I am looking for the same IR code for the 7007H as the remote is RF.
Could not see the profile created on the Harmony for the 8007K only see 4007K. Is this the one finally that you are using?
Thanks

Yes it is, they send the profile on my account and told me they would make it public.
You send a mail to logitech helpdesk, they have the profile.

Peter

Ladman
09-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Yes it is, they send the profile on my account and told me they would make it public.
You send a mail to logitech helpdesk, they have the profile.

Peter

If somebody finds the right settings could you please post them here as I'm still unable to find any Philips 8007 product.

Ladman
09-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Just got a reply from Logitech. They are still working on the 8007 Support. However they also told me to try the settings for

42PFL7982D or
42PFL8404H/60

I was told that both these TV sets should have the same settings. I assume this means they should include Ambilight and 3D functionality.
Will try the settings myself tonight.

Ladman
09-05-2012, 10:15 PM
I just tried both settings. While the 42PFL7982D didn't work well for me the 42PFL8404H/60 settings work like a charm. Although the Input Names are different, all HDMI ports can be selected. Also the Ambilight Button works perfectly. The only missing function is 3D. Hope this helps a bit

Update 12/09/2012

I'm still in touch with Logitech & in the search of the right codes for the 3D functionality & Network Input. I'll keep you updated on this issue.

All the other functions work well with the 42PFL8404H/60 settings.
All you have to do is rename the inputs.

All the best

zumba
09-27-2012, 02:35 PM
I just tried both settings. While the 42PFL7982D didn't work well for me the 42PFL8404H/60 settings work like a charm. Although the Input Names are different, all HDMI ports can be selected. Also the Ambilight Button works perfectly. The only missing function is 3D. Hope this helps a bit

Update 12/09/2012

I'm still in touch with Logitech & in the search of the right codes for the 3D functionality & Network Input. I'll keep you updated on this issue.

All the other functions work well with the 42PFL8404H/60 settings.
All you have to do is rename the inputs.

All the best

Thanks Ladman, your suggestions helped me a lot...

In the meantime I contacted Logitech AND Philips to make a complaint and asked them to seriously take care of our problems.

Logitech stated they want the remotes HEX codes from Philips. Is it possible we play a role in this?

Ladman
09-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi zumba,

Glad I could help.
I've actually been in touch with Philips and Logitech for a while now. Logitech employees were very helpful and patient and we tried to make it work with the information we had. Meaning the codes of the 2010 & 11 models. Unfortunately every Philips Support employee I reached was unable to provide the 3d discrete codes we need to set up this functionality.

However, we actually managed to create an almost 100% working profile but as I'm still trying to get the codes from Philips it's not public yet.

What I did (and you can do as well) is the following

1) Use the 42PFL8404H/60 setting

--> almost everything works, all you have to do is to rename the inputs accordingly --> Ambilight also works with this setting

2)Contact Logitech Support and ask them to add the following commands to your then existing
42PFL8404H/60 settings.

RC5, 3.19: USB mode (USB content browser) -->USB Input
RC5, 3.96: Mediaserver select (DLNA content browser) --> Network Input
RC5, 3.97: Internet browser select -->Net TV

3) This way you are actually able to set up everything perfectly but the 3d functionality.

Hope this helps even more :) . All the best
Lad

ps: It's always helpful to have more people complaining about a certain issue. It seems as though the problem lies with the unwillingness of Philips to provide the discrete codes. I could be wrong but so far the Philips Support was either unwilling or too uninformed too help.

zumba
09-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Hi zumba,

Glad I could help.......
.......even more :) . All the best
Lad

ps: It's always helpful to have more people complaining about a certain issue. It seems as though the problem lies with the unwillingness of Philips to provide the discrete codes. I could be wrong but so far the Philips Support was either unwilling or too uninformed too help.

I will continue with this issue when I'm back home, especially I will contact Philips support in The Netherlands... may that helps. Then also Logitech to add these three commands.
After that I'll let you know overhere... and thanks... We will win!;)

Mirtilo
10-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Well, 8007 model is already available in logitech database....

Ladman
10-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Well, 8007 model is already available in logitech database....

yup...just saw it...to be honest though...our system is the better way at the moment.

zumba
11-26-2012, 05:03 PM
yup...just saw it...to be honest though...our system is the better way at the moment.

Hi Ladman... and others.

Do you still use the 42PFL8404H/60 settings?
The Philips 46pfl8007 is available for some time now, I updated my Logitech Harmony One with it, but still I am disappointed. Most annoying is the television not seeming to receive the input channel command in a proper way; the input choosing screen is allways still on after changing the input or sometimes when turning the tv on.

Very curious, thanks.

Ladman
11-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi zumba...Yes I'm still using the setup I described up there...I tried the 8007 build Logitech has but was very disappointed myself. The setup I am using is working much more efficiantly than the one provided by Logitech so I would still stick with my setup for now...or maybe ever :)