PDA

View Full Version : 50PFL7956H/12 Crumbeling cookie images

acakoning
08-17-2012, 05:32 PM
i love my new TV, it looks super sharp.

However, some times, surrounding people in images, there is a certain degree of "cookie crumble". Its like the resolution is 10 by 10, so big pixel blocks are surrounding persons in movies for a short while. Does not even have to be fast action, also with slow walking.

Is this a common problem?

I have turned off natural motion which improved the images dramatically but it is still visible.

TV: 50PFL7956H/12
HDMI cable (tested 3 different cables)
Sony blue-ray HTS

Its also sometimes visible in HD movies from Ziggo so not limited to HTS problem. Before i had a Sony TV which did not have the problem, again stressing this is not a HTS problem.

thank you for your reply!

Philips - Benedickte
08-20-2012, 01:00 PM
i love my new TV, it looks super sharp.

However, some times, surrounding people in images, there is a certain degree of "cookie crumble". Its like the resolution is 10 by 10, so big pixel blocks are surrounding persons in movies for a short while. Does not even have to be fast action, also with slow walking.

Is this a common problem?

I have turned off natural motion which improved the images dramatically but it is still visible.

TV: 50PFL7956H/12
HDMI cable (tested 3 different cables)
Sony blue-ray HTS

Its also sometimes visible in HD movies from Ziggo so not limited to HTS problem. Before i had a Sony TV which did not have the problem, again stressing this is not a HTS problem.

thank you for your reply!

Hi Acakoning

Welcome to our forums and congratulations with your new TV. I’m glad to see that you are very happy with it.

Could you please confirm to me what software version your TV have?

Best regards,
Benedickte

acakoning
08-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Hello Benedickte,

i have the latest version (14.99).

Is this a common question? i have not seen similar questions here..

Kind regards,

Aernoud

Toengel
08-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Hi,

are your observation visible on both TV broadcasts and Blu-ray? Can you try to make a screenshot? On TV broadcasts, what is your signal strength and signal quality?

Toengel@Alex

acakoning
08-20-2012, 02:19 PM
hi,

Both broadcasts and Blue-ray and signal strenght is excelent. i will make a screenshot and post it!