11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi! I have noticed a problem with my tv :(…. Sometimes appens that the tv does not reach the impulse of my remote control and so I cannot do my operation: change channels, modify audio volume and so on, it works only if I go very close to the tv (about 5 cm). The remote control works perfectly with an other tv. After 5 – 10 minutes evrything become normal and the tv works again.
Could it be a problem connected with the software?
TV Model: 46PFL7605H/12
The software version installed on my tv is 000.140.023.000.
I will thank you!
11-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Here are some general tips (found somewhere on the www):
If the remote receiver light (LED) on the TV does not blink when you press the buttons on the remote control, please check the following:
1. Remove all possible sources of interference.
• Switch "off" all bright lights such as florescent light, overhead light or lighting device, which can interfere with the remote control signal.
• Some electronic devices are known to cause interference, it is recommended to switch "off" any external devices operating near the TV.
2. If the TV is still not responding, follow these steps to check if the remote control is working.
• Ensure that the battery of the remote control is inserted according the illustration inside the battery compartment.
• Randomly test some functions of the remote control. If the TV does not respond, the remote control may be low in battery power and battery replacement is required.
• After replacing with new battery, randomly test some functions of the remote control.
3. If the TV is still not responding, use a mobile phone with camera function or a digital camera to confirm if the remote control is working.
• Observe the emitter on the front of the remote control through a digital camera (or the camera of a mobile phone).
• Now press any button on the remote control.
• If you see a light flashing, this indicates that the remote control is working. Now you can conclude that the TV may be defective.
• If you do not see a light flashing, the remote control may be defective and needs replacement.
4. It is also known that modern TV 's transmit a lot of infra-red signals while starting and warming up (at least that was the case for TV's with CCFL backlights, don't know if it also applies to LED backlights like your model has). This might block the remote control's IR signal. Normally this will improve after the TV is warmed up (after a few minutes).