PDA

View Full Version : Known bugs, wishlist & status report?

marion
11-04-2010, 06:26 PM
It would be nice to have a list of known and confirmed bugs and a wishlist that Philips support knows with a plan to fix it and maybe voting system (like in ideas) that we may vote what should be fixed first.

With a bug there should be also ETA for a fix (in what release it will be fixed).

Sometimes there is a known problem and even whitepapers available but only for internal use and it would be handy to be able to seek and reference something when calling support.

my wish for the wishlist.
Subtitles for streaming media/usb.

pistoiaa
11-05-2010, 10:00 AM
It would be great and I already posted my whishlist many weeks ago, but Philips already told us it is not possible :-(

petasis
11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
I also think it is a good idea, but I think Philips thinks the opposite. This is why they closed down a part of this forum.
I have a big bug list (around 20 issues) for the 9705...

JuAn
11-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I also think it is a good idea, but I think Philips thinks the opposite. This is why they closed down a part of this forum. I have a big bug list (around 20 issues) for the 9705...

Not tru, they have re-activated it again under "Archive".
However you can not post to it any more. Maybe in the near future?
At least we can find our 'old' posts back.

shenkie
11-28-2010, 12:09 PM
I would like to know if it is possible to add Subtitles (*.srt , *.sub) support to the firmware? Is it a hardware issue or software issue ? I belive that LG and Samsung have support for these files standard in their fws.
Regards

dellamag
01-12-2011, 01:01 PM
My Wish List
- add .mts support reading. I'm asking to provide H264/AVC (which is already supported, but in mkv container) reading in a .mts container (bluray).

My Bug List
- order USB connected device root folders in alphabetical order. They are showing in random order, so if you have many folders it is difficult to navigate to the desired folder. Please solve it as soon as possible !
- .mkv @1080p are displayed not in a fluid way, but they are very choppy. Same files reproduced with another device are very fluid without any chop. I guess it is a data stream speed limit due to hardware circuit limitation or is it a software problem to be improved ? THe choppy/judder problem is once every 1.5 sec
- add subtitles (.srt) support display
- .mkv rewinding and forwarding does not work at all ! TV get stucked and need to be power cycled !

Toengel
01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi,

1) try to rename the mts to mkv...
2) as far as I know they are ordered by "last modified" - I also remarked this before. That ordering is not good - just give the user the option to change the order in the option menu. This also applies to the BDPs. A folder with numbered images is not very searchable with the actual ordering.

Toengel@Alex

Custers
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi,
Very nice idea! It will be good that we can follow the issue for all the trouble known till yet... All benefit for Philips and for us. I agree.
;-)

dellamag
01-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi,

1) try to rename the mts to mkv...

Toengel@Alex

Already tried, this doesn't work at all !!!

frgall
01-15-2011, 02:50 PM
My Wish List
- add .mts support reading. I'm asking to provide H264/AVC (which is already supported, but in mkv container) reading in a .mts container (bluray).

My Bug List
- order USB connected device root folders in alphabetical order. They are showing in random order, so if you have many folders it is difficult to navigate to the desired folder. Please solve it as soon as possible !
- .mkv @1080p are displayed not in a fluid way, but they are very choppy. Same files reproduced with another device are very fluid without any chop. I guess it is a data stream speed limit due to hardware circuit limitation or is it a software problem to be improved ? THe choppy/judder problem is once every 1.5 sec
- add subtitles (.srt) support display
- .mkv rewinding and forwarding does not work at all ! TV get stucked and need to be power cycled !

hi
i m from france and I have a 40PFL8605H12
regarding " .mkv rewinding and forwarding does not work at all ! TV get stucked and need to be power cycled ![/QUOTE]
" ist due to the buffer memory of the TV which is not enough big when you play through the network, perhaps if you try to read this mkv files through the usb it could work.
i have also a HTS 9140 and when i try to play a mkv file through the network with my hts rewinding and forwarding work becaus the buiffer memory is better.
That's the resason philips give to me

dellamag
01-15-2011, 03:50 PM
hi
i m from france and I have a 40PFL8605H12
regarding " .mkv rewinding and forwarding does not work at all ! TV get stucked and need to be power cycled !
" ist due to the buffer memory of the TV which is not enough big when you play through the network, perhaps if you try to read this mkv files through the usb it could work.
I'm trying to read the .mkv files from USB not from network !!! When rewind and forward a .mkv file from USB, the TV get stuck and need to be rebooted.

pistoiaa
01-17-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm trying to read the .mkv files from USB not from network !!! When rewind and forward a .mkv file from USB, the TV get stuck and need to be rebooted.

Tha same happens to my 37PFL7605: it's really frustrating and makes use of mkv via USB almost impossible with these TV sets!

dellamag
01-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Another issue to fix:
let's say the TV is ON and it is forced in standby mode through the remote control. Then the user hardware switch off and after then the user hardware switches the TV on. The software will boot with a double PHILIPS screen logo and then it will go in STANDBY MODE !!! What is the reason for the TV to go in STANDBY mode when TV is switched ON ?!? Usual use is: I switch the TV ON because I want my TV ON, not in STANDBY. Please Philips technicians explain why this happens. Please fix it as soon as possible.

dellamag
02-02-2011, 12:26 PM
My Wish List

Yesterday evening I had more time to test some .mkv files through LAN. My TV was connected to my PC through a wired ethernet LAN cable. Media server on PC is TVersity 1.9.3. When I watched 24 fps .mkv files both @1080p and 720p resolution I had recurrent judder problems (maybe one every sec). Then I started to watch a 25fps .mkv file @720p and there was no judder problem: the video was displaying correctly without any chop/judder. I checed on the file format support .xls documentation provided on this forum and the .mkv section states 24 fps. Well, that is very strange, as said above, 24 fps .mkv are played with judder regardless of its resolution while 25 fps .mkv plays well. Could Philips take care of this in the future firmware releases ? I'm not an encoding/format expert, so I could even say unexact things, but please be aware that I would like this issue to be solved so please Philips ask me more details in case the description is not comprehensive.

Philips
02-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Another issue to fix:
let's say the TV is ON and it is forced in standby mode through the remote control. Then the user hardware switch off and after then the user hardware switches the TV on. The software will boot with a double PHILIPS screen logo and then it will go in STANDBY MODE !!! What is the reason for the TV to go in STANDBY mode when TV is switched ON ?!? Usual use is: I switch the TV ON because I want my TV ON, not in STANDBY. Please Philips technicians explain why this happens. Please fix it as soon as possible.

Hi Dellamag,

This behaviour is normal for the TV: it remembers the last status (in your case "standby") and after switch off/on it returns to that status. The reason that the logo appaers has to do with the fact that the TV has to start-up before it can read this last status!

dellamag
02-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi Dellamag,

This behaviour is normal for the TV: it remembers the last status (in your case "standby") and after switch off/on it returns to that status. The reason that the logo appaers has to do with the fact that the TV has to start-up before it can read this last status!

First of all, thanks for your interest !
So, in order to switch the TV ON (when OFF) without the "double" boot, you suggest to NOT put the TV in standby(when it is ON) before a hardware power switch off ? Could this immediate power switch off affect TV overall circuitry "life" ? I usually always preferred a "software" switch off (standby)and then a hardware one (power switch) after that, but if you say that switching off TV via hardware power switch without put the TV in standby mode doesn't affect TV "life", then I can change my habits... could you please confirm ?

Philips
02-03-2011, 12:10 PM
First of all, thanks for your interest !
So, in order to switch the TV ON (when OFF) without the "double" boot, you suggest to NOT put the TV in standby(when it is ON) before a hardware power switch off ? Could this immediate power switch off affect TV overall circuitry "life" ? I usually always preferred a "software" switch off (standby)and then a hardware one (power switch) after that, but if you say that switching off TV via hardware power switch without put the TV in standby mode doesn't affect TV "life", then I can change my habits... could you please confirm ?

Confirmed! No problem to switch off immediately via the main switch.

kralizeck
02-16-2011, 06:18 PM
On my 32pfl7605H/12 recently buyed:

bug list
1- actual forward/backward function is useless, with usb and dlna video reproduction
2- real support of mkv reproduction. If you say in your publicity that support it... do it.
mkv is a complete container desing: multiple audio/video, subtitle, chapters. Not only "default video - default audio"...
3 - "go to" a time in media reproduction (usb and dlna), and/or use two colors keys of the remote control to go forward/backward in steps or 1 minute or so.

I'm very disappointed with the multimedia functionality of the tv.
I hope in future firmware update it get better... it can't be worst or almost.

Greetings.

pistoiaa
02-17-2011, 01:25 PM
1- actual forward/backward function is useless, with usb and dlna video reproduction
2- real support of mkv reproduction. If you say in your publicity that support it... do it.
mkv is a complete container desing: multiple audio/video, subtitle, chapters. Not only "default video - default audio"...
3 - "go to" a time in media reproduction (usb and dlna), and/or use two colors keys of the remote control to go forward/backward in steps or 1 minute or so.
I'm very disappointed with the multimedia functionality of the tv.

I totally agree with you and with your list!

I hope in future firmware update it get better... it can't be worst or almost.

Uhmmm... I am afraid you will get no answer and no satisfaction from Philips on this... :-( grrrrr...

kralizeck
02-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Uhmmm... I am afraid you will get no answer and no satisfaction from Philips on this... :-( grrrrr...Well, Philips will see... a satisfied customer is the best seller (with no cost to Philips) and unsatisfied one is the best bad publicity

Paladium
02-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Wishlist : Automatic switching to selected programs in the EPG menu , and/or let the pop up be accompanied by an audio alert.

Herrminator
02-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Wishlist : Automatic switching to selected programs in the EPG menu

+1 (at least ;) )

Toengel
02-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi,

I don't want that if I browse through IP-EPG, that the channel is automatically switched...

Toengel@Alex

Herrminator
02-22-2011, 06:00 PM
I don't want that if I browse through IP-EPG, that the channel is automatically switched...

I think what is meant, is to position the EPGs selection to the currently viewed channel, not to the top of list.
On my model (32PFL5405), viewing channels is impossible anyway, while the EPG is displayed.

With a 3-digit number of channels available, positioning the EPG to the top of the list, and having to scroll down all the way again is slightly annoying...

Toengel
02-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi,

OK - the IP-EPG (in 2010 series) automatically jumps to the actual tv station...

Toengel@Alex

Acriaos
02-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Bug: 3D has way to much Ghosting / X Talk. Especially in High Contrast Scenarios it becomes nearly unwatchable. More about this issue can be found in the 3D section in this forum.

wish: 3D should be available for Youtube, DLNA and USB.
wish: (copied from another post) "go to" a time in media reproduction (usb and dlna), and/or use two colors keys of the remote control to go forward/backward in steps or 1 minute or so.

Paladium
02-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

It's not about switching when browsing the programme guide. It's about automaticly switching to the selected programme(s) after the selection is done. Current software only provides a pop-up stating a selected programme is about to begin.

Paladium
02-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Adding to the wishlist.

- Instead of just one favorites-list two or three of them.
- An option to file settings/favorites to an external medium. This way settings/favorites can be imported. Saves some headache when all TV-channels don't have to be sorted again.

michalko58
03-08-2011, 02:00 PM
I would like to know if it is possible to add Subtitles (*.srt , *.sub) support to the firmware? Is it a hardware issue or software issue ? I belive that LG and Samsung have support for these files standard in their fws.
Regards

Id like to have this functionality too. Why only Philips doesnt support subtitles? (*.sub, *.srt, *.txt) I think its only few lines of code to add to the firmware. Especially when subtitles are supported by your DVD players!

The second thing Id like to have in the firmware is support of TV Archives on the internet. Mostly the videos are in Flash, Real Media or Windows Media Video. Add this too please to your TVs.