PDA

View Full Version : [Tips & Tricks] Connecting to Net TV ("Philips server not found" message)

secrecyjo
11-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Just bought a 42PFL7665H today. Connected to the home network without any problems, but can't connect to NET TV.

Standard message 'Philips server not found. Try again later."

We've reset the router and tried adding the TV into the list of applications for the router, but nothing's working. Router is Linksys and our internet comes from Telenet cable.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Thanks

andrea
11-06-2010, 07:02 PM
I have a 32pfl9705H and I have the same problem... I try like secreyjo to reset my router Dlink 624 and reset a lot of time the tv. I also try the server status site to check the NET TV site conditions and all seems to be ok... I try with wireless and cable connection from the tv ... nothing to do... Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot

secrecyjo
11-07-2010, 09:29 AM
As an update, the settings in the router are:

Port forwarding for the TV's static IP address to port 80 and TCP.
DMZ is disabled.
UPnP is enabled.

nataraja
11-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi,

same issue here ...
Have a 40PFL7605H/12 since yesterday and also not able to connect to NetTV...
But Network is OK, I can accerss my synology nas and stream vids.

Tested with router, without, same issue ...

Did SW upgrade from USB with latest from website ....

Always, Standard message 'Philips server not found. Try again later."

any feedback or help is very welcome ...

cheers from swiss.

Philips
11-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Some Hints & Tips:

The “Philips server not found” error is displayed by the TV because it cannot reach the Net TV portal. Most likely this is caused by a firewall setting in your router (or Modem). The firewall setting does not allow the TV to have free access to the open internet. Check firewall settings in your router, bring the firewall down to see if the TV can connect. Configure the IP address of your TV in the router to pass freely. Port 80 and port 443 must be accessible for the TV.

Put your TV to a normal channel, than press 123654 on the remote control. You see the Customer Service Menu (CSM). Check here if it displays the type number of your TV and the serial number. Without this info it will not be allowed to get access. Press the down button twice and find the MAC addresses of your TV.

When connected wired, Net TV is connecting and you only see the loading icon (running balls), disconnect the IP–cable between TV and Router, just for a second. That might just trigger the TV to load the Net TV homepage.

When you turn "on" the TV, do not access Net TV immediately. Let the TV perform its boot sequence first and access Net TV after one minute.

In the Menu of the TV is an option “Clear Net TV memory”. (Note: in the initial software in your TV this option is hidden under the option button on your remote control, not accessible when you can’t access Net TV). When accessible, try this.
Check if there is new software available for your TV. Go to www.p4c.philips.com (http://www.p4c.philips.com) and search for your type number. Download the latest software and have it installed. With this new software you will find a “Clear Net TV memory” option in the menu of your TV. You can try it, it might help.

If it still does not work, report the Ethernet MAC address (from menu CSM3) plus your contact details, TV–type and software version to nettv.support@philips.com. We will check if we can see you connecting. Also let us know when you succeeded in getting connected.

gramir
11-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Same issue for 40PFL7605H/12 with Q5551_0.140.23.0.

Today phone support told me to re-install channels to fix the zapping black screen problem that I started to have after latest sw update and now I'm not able to connect to Net TV anymore.

Thanks!

Philips
11-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Nov. 9: See also this topic (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?728-IMPORTANT-“Philips-server-not-found”-message-(November-8).) (important info regarding login problems).

andrea
11-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Now it's working! Yesterday evening after 11:00 pm and the last try the tv connects to the diabolic philips server!!!
Thanks moderator!

Andrea

nataraja
11-09-2010, 08:33 PM
all,

well well, yes it's working ... after having tried each point in the troubleshoot guide from the moderator, nothing to do ...
This evening, I started my Tv in order to get the MAC and other things requested to open a support case...
Ï also tried the net tv, just to try .. AND, yes, it's working ... why now ??? important it's working .. what else ???
I'm happy .... can finally play with all features of my new tv ....

merci, danke, grazie, thanks to the mod and all having contributed to this post ...

cheers from swiss

secrecyjo
11-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Just got connected - but to be honest I wish I hadn't bothered! The idea was to use the film service so that we don't have to go out to rend DVDs, but the selection is worse than a bargain basement supermarket. In fact, I think Aldi has better films than NET TV. I don't know if it's becase we're in Belgium, but the selection is really awful.

Anyway, it was a problem with the router in the end. I went onto the Linksys forum and found a thread for a Sony TV. I had to change the settings for Beacon, Frag Threshold and RTS Threshold. As soon as these were changed, the TV connected instantly.

franman
12-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Some Hints & Tips:
Put your TV to a normal channel, than press 123654 on the remote control. You see the Customer Service Menu (CSM). Check here if it displays the type number of your TV and the serial number. Without this info it will not be allowed to get access. Press the down button twice and find the MAC addresses of your TV.

Hello,

in the menu point 1.1 and 1.2 just say "see type plate". What now :confused:
I have a 40PFL7605H with the newest software version 140.25.0 and the TV is connected with a cable with my router (MAC 00:90:3e:de:3b:57).

FranMan

Philips
12-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Hello,

I have a 40PFL7605H with the newest software version 140.25.0 and the TV is connected with a cable with my router (MAC 00:90:3e:de:3b:57).

FranMan

You mention that in the CSM menu the type-number of the TV is not listed, but it says; “See type plate”.
That is the reason why your TV fails to connect with the portal !!
The TV must communicate the correct type-number to the portal, if it does not, access is blocked.
Please contact the Philips Service organization for repair, contact details are on Philips.com
Please mention that the device type needs to be programmed into your TV. If you are not correctly (and free of charge) supported for this error, please escalate to NetTV.Support@philips.com.

franman
12-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Thx for the fast replay. I will do this...

FranMan

franman
01-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Finally the needed pieces of information were programmed and the TV works like a charm...

FranMan

Philips
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks Franman for letting us all know, it can help other readers....
I hope you now can enjoy your Philips (Net) TV without any limitations!

Custers
01-19-2011, 06:39 AM
Hi Philips Mod,

Thanks for your support! It helps for many problems...

I have had a problem with sound loss and yesterday an technician is coming home to change the SSB (main bord card). I think that he was in the hurry because he did not program the type and the number of my TV into the CSM 1 menu, like you explain here over.

Just a question before I call him again, Why don't you give us the possibility to correct this missing intro ourself?
You give us only the code to see de CSM pages 123654... I think it will be a code for entrance into the programming pages? xxx962

Philippe.

Philips
01-19-2011, 10:25 AM
....Why don't you give us the possibility to correct this missing intro ourself?
You give us only the code to see de CSM pages 123654... I think it will be a code for entrance into the programming pages? xxx962 Philippe.

Hi Philippe,

You are right, CSM (Customer Service Mode) is read-only. This mode is used to improve communication with a help-desk.
To anser your question: We cannot give the customer access to the Service Alignment Mode as this will probably result in a lot of new helpdesk calls because they changed too much! This mode may only be used by experienced Service engineers who know what they are doing.

Sorry to hear that the Service guy did not do his job very well, but I'm aftraid you must call them again to solve your problem. BTW: In the near future we will be able to do these kind of things remotely via IP, but that does not help you now ofcourse .

Custers
01-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi Philippe,

I'm aftraid you must call them again to solve your problem. BTW: In the near future we will be able to do these kind of things remotely via IP, but that does not help you now ofcourse .

Hi and happy to ear that you can remotely ajust the type and serial number of my TV...
What do you need to perform? 'cause the technical service don't give any answer till yet!

If you can will you help me?

Toengel
01-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi,

Philips said that this will be possible in the near future... so, at the moment it is not possible to repair remotely. So, call your local service again!

Toengel@Alex

Custers
01-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi Toengel,

;-)

ulligw
02-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi,

I have similar problems with Net-TV:
Every time when I switch on my TV and start the Net-TV for the first time I get this error message:

"To complete Net-TV sign-in, please switch your TV off and on again."

Net-TV is not working. Than I delete the Net-TV memory in the settings and Net-TV is working again. It always start with the registration. I'm always select "register later". After this procedure Net-TV works fine until the next time I start the TV.

And EPG over network if also not working. Here I get the error message "Die gewünschte Seite ist nicht verfügbar"

My TV (40pfl8605/K02) is connected via ethernet cable to Fritzbox router.

Last SW version is installed.

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

sadmemories20
03-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Hello,

FranMan

Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.

franman
03-21-2011, 07:23 AM
You're welcome!
It also took me a long time to solve this issue. Conclusively, sharing the solution was no question at all.

goreng17
05-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Hello NET TV Team,

I hope you can help me further.
I have 46pfl9705K/02 TV since about 7 months.
The First 5 months NET TV worked very well and then from Software
update to software update TV had more and more difficulties to
connect.Since update 140.34 and 140.36 no connection coud be done at
all.
Most of the time it says " Philips Server konnte nicht gefunden
werden" or something like this on Black screen "Close Nettv switch
your tv off an on and log in again. There is no differnce if I use
WLAN or LAN connection.
Nothing has changed in my periphery: 1. cable modem from Kabel
Deutschland 2. Siemens WLAN Router .
Connect via Router over Media Connect and from TV to PC is without problem.
A Samsung BD Player , my laptop and wii console connects without
problems to Internet.
Can you help me?
By the way, reaching Philips Server via icpphilips.com works, too.

My TV data are these:
MAC Adress: 00:90:3E;F7:23:0E
Production Number: VN1B1035002348
Sotfware 140.36.0
IP 192.168..2.100
Gateway+DNS1: 192.168.2.100
Sunet: 255.255.255.0
DHCP & Automatic IP

I hope you could help me, becaus one buy reason was "open" NETTV.
Thanks in advance,
Best regards
STefan Hirsch

Toengel
05-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi,

your Gateway and DNS have the same IP as your TV?

But I also noticed that since firmware 140.36 it takes MUCH more time to connect to the network. More than 5 minutes sometimes (I am wired connected to my router).

Toengel@Alex

rvdheij
05-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Similar problems with 32PFL8605. Unable to connect with 140.27, upgraded to 140.36 and does not work. When I do the full re-installation (including channel scanning) Net TV works, so my wired network has no issue. Once the TV went to standby it refuses to connect. -Rob

tolgaakcan
05-28-2011, 07:49 PM
I have the same problem. NETTV worked for several months and now not onnecting to server. I have same router same ip ony fw is upgraded.
I don't understand. I checked ports so they are open.
Yesterday I connected once then tried again not succeded. I have been having this problem for 5-6 days..I seriously doubt that is because of new firmware.. is there any chance to give me a link of previous fw so I can downgrade and try.
thnks tolga

Hello NET TV Team,

I hope you can help me further.
I have 46pfl9705K/02 TV since about 7 months.
The First 5 months NET TV worked very well and then from Software
update to software update TV had more and more difficulties to
connect.Since update 140.34 and 140.36 no connection coud be done at
all.

rvdheij
05-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Similar problems with 32PFL8605. Unable to connect with 140.27, upgraded to 140.36 and does not work. When I do the full re-installation (including channel scanning) Net TV works, so my wired network has no issue. Once the TV went to standby it refuses to connect. -Rob

I've been a lot more patient with the TV lately. First time after switching the TV on, Net-TV typically times out after 2 minutes. When I go back, and try again it sometimes gets to the portal after 45 seconds or so. It may still take a minute before it responds to the remote control.

Doubt it is the firmware. I've been using 140.27 for a few months and never noticed this. Upgrade to 140.36 was just in the hope it would fix the problem. -Rob

tolgaakcan
05-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Can anybody know how to download previous FW?

tolgaakcan
06-03-2011, 03:00 PM
I assume philips doesn't publish ex- firmwares. My TV is 46PFL8605/12 so does anybody know where to download it?
Thanks..
Tolga

tolgaakcan
06-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Dear All,

I have downgraded my TV (8000) to 140.34 to see the cause of the connection problem to NETTV server.

Unfortunately it didn't change anything. So that is not only because of the latest FW.

There may be problem with the server. So I will keep previous FW (140.34) for a while to test the TV.

So I suggest Philips to check with the servers to make sure that they work properly.

Are any one of you experiencing connection problem recently? Please do comment and let us know your FW please..

tolgaakcan
06-06-2011, 12:33 PM
I have just called Philips to find out if they have the same problem on nettv. They said they had some problem on Friday 3rd and 4th but it is normal now.
He also said that some ISP users experiencing connection problems with NETTV in Turkey. So that maybe because of reverse DNS registration or blocked ip address.

So I will have to try TV with some other ISP's internet connection to see what exactly causes that problem.

Toengel
06-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi,

maybe you can set up a different DNS IP in your router...

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
06-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Yes, I thought of that DNS thing.. I will definitely try that . I found out that there is only 3 different DNS is allowed.
So I will try that tonight. What I don't understand is I had access to nettv since January up to 21 may.
Something happened and it is gone.
I had no problem before. I had same settings same router and same ISP..

Hi,

maybe you can set up a different DNS IP in your router...

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
06-06-2011, 01:01 PM
May be there is list of things happened that resulted that.. Slow connection speed with the problem of 140.36 coupled with DNS problem.

genwhisper
07-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Hi,

recently I've replaced my old wireless router with Linksys E4200 and found that my Philips 46PFL9705 could't access Net TV.

First of all I've checked network settings in my TV (to be sure it's delivered from router) - everything was ok. All other devices (such as laptops, PDA's, network multimedia player) works without any kind of issues.

After several unsuccessful attempts I tried to get some info from forums and at last got here.

My TV has the latest FW (at the moment of this post). Router configured without network limits (all outgoing requests are allowed).
I'm also tried to check details via CSM (by pressing 123456 on remote) - and was failed to do this.

What else should I do in my case?

Thanks in advance for any advise!

Toengel
07-03-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm also tried to check details via CSM (by pressing 123456 on remote) - and was failed to do this.

Hi,

this only works if you are in TV mode...

Toengel@Alex

genwhisper
07-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi,

this only works if you are in TV mode...

Toengel@Alex

it was in TV mode of course :)

Thanks!

Toengel
07-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi,

I did not check your numbers... they are wrong... 123-654 is right...

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
07-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Try to make sure if your tv in home network first. So youve got to check on the ip to see what it is. Then ping to the ip from your computer on the same network. If the packages are ok. Then check if tv tuned to auto ip mode not static. Make sure subnet mask and dns are ok.
If everyting is ok. Try clearing net tv memory.
What error message you getting?

genwhisper
07-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Try to make sure if your tv in home network first. So youve got to check on the ip to see what it is. Then ping to the ip from your computer on the same network. If the packages are ok. Then check if tv tuned to auto ip mode not static. Make sure subnet mask and dns are ok.
If everyting is ok. Try clearing net tv memory.
What error message you getting?

As I mentioned I've done all these steps before. But nothing is changed. Error was the same "Can't access Philips server".

tolgaakcan
07-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi Again, If you are experiencing the same problem then your tv has a defect. So it has to go to service center to get standby software reinstalled.. I had experienced that problem assuming that is because of my connection or something. But it wasn't..
So please see http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?1662-Is-Net-TV-down-(22-May-2011)/page4

I have good news. My tv has been fixed. So please ask your rep center to re instaal component software. The service center should take care if it. They didn't understand what caused that connection problem however they had the solution. That's what matters now. What the hell happend on 22dn may my tv was just failed to connect so you should have the same problem I guess.
I think philips should investigte the possible cause.

genwhisper
07-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi Again, If you are experiencing the same problem then your tv has a defect. So it has to go to service center to get standby software reinstalled.. I had experienced that problem assuming that is because of my connection or something. But it wasn't..
So please see http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?1662-Is-Net-TV-down-(22-May-2011)/page4

Hi,

I've read suggested topic carefully but it's ambiguously for me that this problem related to something within TV (and it was confirmed by others in this discussion). Rather I'd think it's something in new FW's or remotely on Philips' side.
Anyway thanks for info!

tolgaakcan
07-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi, No you can trust me on this. I got downgraded the tv to previous fw, tried every possible scenario. Changed ISP, alternative DNS numbers changed Wifi adaptor, modem everything..
Didn't work out. So I am kinda expert on it right now.
By the way I was the first one encountered such an error and happened to have found out the solution. Thx to forum I get to share it..

Viz
08-02-2011, 02:00 PM
You mention that in the CSM menu the type-number of the TV is not listed, but it says; “See type plate”.
The TV must communicate the correct type-number to the portal, if it does not, access is blocked.
Please contact the Philips Service organization for repair, contact details are on Philips.com
Please mention that the device type needs to be programmed into your TV. If you are not correctly (and free of charge) supported for this error, please escalate to NetTV.Support@philips.com.

I have a 56PFL9954H/12 and have only just tried to use NetTV but all I get is a "connecting" message and the option to STOP, I have tried powering off/on etc but this makes no difference.

I've done a network reset but didn't make any difference and I know that the network connection is working as the TV can view movies that I have stored locally on my network, and the TV correctly gets its IP address dynamically assigned in the correct subnet with the correct dns and default router information, so believe that this is just an issue with what is stored in firmware/tv memory that I do not have access to. Other PC's on the network are able to PING the TV.

Having found this thread, I looked at the CSM menu and mine is the same, it says "See type plate" for the first two items.

I have checked the version of firmware on the machine and it says :
Q5492-0.26.78.0
RRelease for TV543
Generation Date
9/07/2010 11:01:10

whereas the latest software on Philips web site is :
Version 000.026.078.000
English Date published 2010-07-15

So it is odd that the TV seems to have the same version but dated PRIOR to it being published ?

I have emailed Philips NetTV.Support@philips.com about this but received no reply anybody here (Philips) know how to get this sorted ?

Toengel
08-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Hi,

the generation date is the date when the firmware was compiled. Then testing took place and if no error occured the firmware was released = release date... so you see, thats the reason for 2 different dates...

Toengel@Alex

Viz
08-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi,

the generation date is the date when the firmware was compiled. Then testing took place and if no error occured the firmware was released = release date... so you see, thats the reason for 2 different dates...

Toengel@Alex

So that's great, confirms that the TV has the latest firmware and that it is still a problem, so I just need some assistance from Philips to get these entries 1.1 Set type and 1.2 Production code to the correct values rather than "See type plate".

Still no reply from my email to Philips - any suggestions ?

Philips
08-03-2011, 10:14 AM
I have emailed Philips NetTV.Support@philips.com about this but received no reply anybody here (Philips) know how to get this sorted ?

Hi Viz,

It clearly says: "Please contact the Philips Service organization for repair, contact details are on Philips.com......... If you are not correctly (and free of charge) supported for this error, please escalate to nettv.support@philips.com."

So you first must contact your local Philips Service Support, you can start here (http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp).

Regards,
JuAn

BTW, was your TV in for a repair earlier? I'm trying to understand/find out why it mentions "See typeplate" in CSM.

Viz
08-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi,

I did email the address given on 30th july (as mentioned in my earlier post) but have received no reply.

The TV was not in for repair earlier, I just found this thread through googling, given the NetTV problems that I am having and when I checked, the CSM 1 menu said "See type plate", so mine has the same issue that you've previously said (back on page 2, post #12 of this thread) will stop the TV from connecting to NetTV :

Regards.

Lassy
08-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I've contacted the service support regarding this issue and they've supplied me with the following instructions:

1. Activate CSM menu by typing 1 2 3 6 5 4 on the remote
2. Press the red button
3. Type 2 5 3 2 7 ('Clear') on the remote
You won't see anything happening on screen but the TV's flash memory is deleted
4. Install the latest software: Create a folder called UPGRADES on a USB flash drive
Transfer/unpack the 'autorun.upg' file into this folder
Select update via 'Config > Software Setup > Local updates'

I haven't tried this myself yet as I am at work. I'll post my results later today.

Peer
08-04-2011, 02:33 PM
I also contacted the service support with exact the same solution. Done the instructions but without any result, still no connection. Servicedesk sees the TV making connection but further nothing. TV will be repaired, when isn't clear, could be some weeks before Pihilps has the right solution.

Lassy
08-04-2011, 03:51 PM
The strange thing is that the red button leads me directly to "Uitzending Gemist" (a Dutch catch-up app) so there is a connection. Only not via the NetTV portal. I've emailed nettv.support@philips.com and wait for their answer.

Lassy
08-04-2011, 08:14 PM
I've received a quick response from NetTV Support. The TV connects to the Portal. The problem must be within the TV itself. Philips repair service will come and fix it soon.

Erikrijnders
08-04-2011, 08:29 PM
I've received a quick response from NetTV Support. The TV connects to the Portal. The problem must be within the TV itself. Philip’s repair service will come and fix it soon.

Strange enought I had the same error. Philips what is the reason so many customers have to change te motherboard in order to have a good working NETTV?? What goed so terribly wrong that in lots of cases NETTV suddenly doesnot work anymore and the motherboard has to be changed?

Viz
08-05-2011, 08:27 AM
I've contacted the service support regarding this issue and they've supplied me with the following instructions:

1. Activate CSM menu by typing 1 2 3 6 5 4 on the remote
2. Press the red button
3. Type 2 5 3 2 7 ('Clear') on the remote
You won't see anything happening on screen but the TV's flash memory is deleted
4. Install the latest software: Create a folder called UPGRADES on a USB flash drive
Transfer/unpack the 'autorun.upg' file into this folder
Select update via 'Config > Software Setup > Local updates'

I haven't tried this myself yet as I am at work. I'll post my results later today.

Thanks Lassy for the info but I'm waiting for Philips to confirm the next step.

genwhisper
08-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi all,

recently I gave up with NET TV case study and decided to bring my TV to servicedesk. It was a great surprise for me when I've got an official conclusion from them that my TV works in according to specs. So finally they indicated that problem on my side (something with ISP). It's ridiculous! Even despite this I requested again - what exactly I should pass on to my ISP in roder to fix it. They hesitated as I expected and didn't give me anything.

f14driver
08-05-2011, 03:37 PM
The problem isn't hardware related.
It's a software issue.
When they replace the motherboard they load up the old fimrware that comes with the original replacement parts ( release software , not updated).
That's why it works at that moment. As soon as you do an update the functionality has problems again.

As long as philips doesn't know the root cause of it ( they could start comparing the code fopr net tv in the original release and the new ones to see what goes wrong *hint*hint*) the fix will take some time.

Firmware 140.039.0 is the preparation software that get's the tv's ready for this fix ( that's what philips told me) the fix is a high priority but there is no release date at this time.

Chrissie18
08-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks Lassy for the info but I'm waiting for Philips to confirm the next step.

Well... that didn't work....

Viz
08-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Well... that didn't work....

Sorry to hear that Chrissie18, but not my suggestion, I'm waiting for an answer from Philips (which hasn't come yet) before I try anything !

Lassy
08-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I've just received a call from Philips. They want to wait with the repair until they've sorted out what is causing the problem.
They still don’t know if it is hardware or software related. This can take up to 4 weeks. They'll contact me as soon as they know more.

Viz
08-22-2011, 06:50 PM
VERY POOR - 3 weeks on and NOTHING from Philips !
I was able to return mine and will be avoiding ALL Philips TV's from now on - A lucky escape, not the level of service expected when buying such a product.
Good luck to everyone who has one of these.

tolgaakcan
08-23-2011, 06:04 AM
Dear Viz,
This problem is caused by some defect on your TV. so you need to get it fixed. Service center has to install standby and component software. I dont know that caused that but not important so pls get it sorted. NO way to fix it yourself.
service upload should take about a minute..

Viz
08-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Hi tolgaakcan,
No longer my problem, would have liked it fixed but Philips support was non existent, never replied to my emails or called me back, so now I don't have the TV, it is someone else's problem and I am looking for a new NON PHILIPS one.

tolgaakcan
08-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Ok. just wanted to help. however it would have taken a minute to fix it though. Anyway I totally aggre with you that philips must pay attention to those problems. There are major problem with their tv that has to be fixed and improved. I admire samsung they got everything on 2011 series. Let alone connection problems. You can run web based video without having to run via component software.

Chrissie18
08-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Apperently this differs per country.
I was told to be called by the tech-service. I was called one day later. I thought it would be to make an appointment to come by, but the man explained Philips was aware of the problem and was working had on the solution.
He said the had it almost finished, but needed more testing. which could take 3 wks at the most.
I've heard other people saying dates of week 34 at the latest (think this is beginning of sept?)

Toengel
08-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi,

week 36...

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
08-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Hi,

week 36...

Toengel@Alex

Excuse me.. You're right. week 36.
And now I've checked it to make up for it: It's the week of 5 september..

Toengel
08-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi,

but week 34 would be nice = this week ^^

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
08-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Hi,

Firmware 140.40 has been released for 8000/9000/21:9 series...

Give it a try...

Please state feedback (8xx5, 9xx5 series) here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2269-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.40.0-for-8xx5-and-9xx5-series-(2010-models)

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
08-25-2011, 08:32 AM
We are happy to announce availability of new software that can take care of the connectivity issue.
I apologize for the poor communication on this subject, for a while it was not clear what was causing the problem.

Cause:
Our portal connection is handled over HTTPS (Secured). In this secured protocol certificates being communicated between portal and device. We found out that the browser version of Opera provided in the 2010 range TV’s is delaying this communication, causing very slow performance of Net TV or even no connection at all.

With help of software engineers from Opera we could correct the Opera browser software.

New software:
The software Q5551_1.140.40.0 is now available for xxPFL9xx5x/xxx and xxPFL8xx5x/xx
The software Q5553_1.140.40.0 will come available next week for xxPFL7xx5x/xx
The software Q5553_11.140.40.0 will soon come available for 58PFL9955H/xx

Just search for your TV-type number on Philips.com, go to the support section to find the software plus installation instructions.

The issue mentioned above is only related to the 2010 range of TV’s.
The 2009 range, 2011 range and blu-ray players with Net TV are not affected.
There is nothing wrong with the Net TV portal, it was up and running all the time and has sufficient capacity to support all the connecting devices.

Toengel
08-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Hi,

I just downloaded the 140.40 for my 58PFL9955H/12.

Thanks Mark for posting this clarification!

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
08-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Thank you Mark. Please let us know the improvement on any problem next time on weakly or daily bases. Since we had no answer so long we thought that you guys taking a long holiday or something.
I appreciate you finally got back to us.

Any improvement on the solution of sound drop issue?

Muccie
08-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Dear Philips,

Great news ! But.... why is this new version ONLY available as download and install via USB and NOT as update via the TV set ? It is so annoying that the TV set itself keeps "saying": no new firmware while there actually is new firmware available.

This by the way also applies for the HTS's.

Thank you !

tolgaakcan
08-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Thank you good point..

StefanTV
08-25-2011, 10:45 AM
We are happy to announce availability of new software that can take care of the connectivity issue.
I apologize for the poor communication on this subject, for a while it was not clear what was causing the problem.

Cause:
Our portal connection is handled over HTTPS (Secured). In this secured protocol certificates being communicated between portal and device. We found out that the browser version of Opera provided in the 2010 range TV’s is delaying this communication, causing very slow performance of Net TV or even no connection at all.

With help of software engineers from Opera we could correct the Opera browser software.

New software:
The software Q5551_1.140.40.0 is now available for xxPFL9xx5x/xxx and xxPFL8xx5x/xx
The software Q5553_1.140.40.0 will come available next week for xxPFL7xx5x/xx
The software Q5553_11.140.40.0 will soon come available for 58PFL9955H/xx

Just search for your TV-type number on Philips.com, go to the support section to find the software plus installation instructions.

The issue mentioned above is only related to the 2010 range of TV’s.
The 2009 range, 2011 range and blu-ray players with Net TV are not affected.
There is nothing wrong with the Net TV portal, it was up and running all the time and has sufficient capacity to support all the connecting devices.

Thanks for your update Mark. Hopefully Philips has learned from this case in terms of communication.

Suggestion: create a Twitter account or give also active feedback on your own Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Philips-Net-TV).

Philips - Mark
08-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Dear Philips,

Great news ! But.... why is this new version ONLY available as download and install via USB and NOT as update via the TV set ? It is so annoying that the TV set itself keeps "saying": no new firmware while there actually is new firmware available.

This by the way also applies for the HTS's.

Thank you !

Fair point, but also to be able to receive the automatic upgrades you first need to be able to connect.
If we get good feedback on this new software I will be happy to recommend this software for distribution via automatically upgrade. Please confirm your successful manual upgrade and please keep reporting issues.

Toengel
08-25-2011, 10:54 AM
...and please keep reporting issues.

Hi,

well - here we go: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2223-Important-Bugs-which-need-to-be-fixed-in-2010-firmware-(TV550R1)

;-)

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
08-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi,

I can confirm, that firmware 140.40 fixed the (my) Net TV / IP-EPG issue - thank you Philips!

Toengel@Alex

Lassy
08-26-2011, 10:52 AM
I've just received an email from Technorep with a link (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39302754/FUS_Q5551_0.140.40.0_prod.zip) to the latest NetTV software Q5551_0.140.40.0 for my 46PFL7605

I'll test it tonight.

Chrissie18
08-26-2011, 11:40 AM
This is actually the same file as can be found on the support site of the TV, but it is nice service for those that do not browse these forums day and night.. ;)
Speaking of nights, while I was comparing the two files I saw this:

Q5551-0.140.40.0

Generation date:
11/08/2011 23:34:41

Wow! Either someone needs to reset it's development PC's clock or they were really working hard... :D

Toengel
08-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi,

or this is a daily build system which starts at 11 pm... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
08-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah.. thought of that one, but I wanted to keep it 1 positive and one other... ;)

f14driver
08-26-2011, 12:43 PM
I can confirm that the issue is fixed on the 7XX5 series.
Recieved a download link from technical support today, installed it and net tv and epg are working correctly again.
Only issue remaining is sounddrops on switching from external devices. (time clocks or other electrical switches.)

Lassy
08-26-2011, 04:38 PM
I still have problems with connecting to the Net TV server after updating the software. I've maged it ones but it took very long. Now I don't get any connection what so ever...

Edit: now I do get connection to NetTV. It probably takes some time before it works as it should.

I still can't get IP EPG working though (CI+/Ziggo) :(

tolgaakcan
08-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Must be some kind of a defect. You should talk to service center.

Lassy
08-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Must be some kind of a defect. You should talk to service center.

I already did. They said this update should have been the solution...I'll contact them again.

bta
08-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi

at my TV Set (7605H/12) the 140.040 FW is the solution to improve the connection to NetTV.
(Now I have fun with NetTV again.)

regards
bta

Chrissie18
08-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Don't try to open NetTV just after the TV has been turned on.
It takes a while to initialze. Try again after one or two minutes.
I've updated Friday and after reading your post I tried to check this (second time of using NetTV after the upgrade) and again it stayed a long time at 'connecting...'.
But after selecting cancel and then waited a minute, it worked right-away...
Chris

HADES59
10-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Hi, (sorry for my English)

It worked fine until last Monday 03/10/11

Now, i can not get access to Net TV portal with my LCD or my Bluray (connected in ETHERNET RJ45 cable with my NUMERICABLE Wifi router)

My network seems to be Ok,

There is no new software’s updates using search menu in SETUP

I’ve cleared NET TV memory, Router’s Firewall is Off

DLNA works fine between TV/Bluray and all my PC and notebook to share movies….(WMP on VISTA)

I have always the messages : “Signe on time out” on the BDP 5100 or “Philips server not found” on 42PFL

No more NET TV homepage, just “running balls”

Please, tell me what to do

42PFL8404/12
Q5481-0.26.78.0

BDP5100/12
SW : 1.57

DerShortyy
10-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Please, tell me what to do

Hi Hades,

first of all, please try to reset the NET TV cache. You will find that option in the network settings. Maybe just try first with your TV...
If that won´t help please get in touch again!

Best regards

Toengel
10-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi,

also restart your router and power off both the TV and the Router for 2-3 minutes

Toengel@Alex

HADES59
10-06-2011, 08:41 AM
I cleared net tv cache 3 times
nothing

Toengel
10-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Hi,

what about unpluging router and TV from power supply?

Toengel@Alex

HADES59
10-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Ever done, now after first screen (connexion) i have "inscription en cours" (signe on)

It seems to be connected but nothing happens ....since ten minutes

I switched off all from AC....replug all......and the same message appears "inscription en cours"

Chrissie18
10-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Sound to me same as all the pre release 140.40...
But indeed: did the TV get an IP addres (can be found under Home ¦ Setup ¦ Network Settings ¦ IP configuration.
Otherwise contact local Philips help desk, as they can help you and see if the TV can reach the server anyway.
At least that is what they did with me...

HADES59
10-06-2011, 06:47 PM
The Network config in setup seems to be good,
IP adress, DHCP, DNS...all is OK
STEP 2 connexion screen is OK
STEP 3 after a few seconds "Signing Time out" or "Server not found - Try later"

JosH
12-11-2011, 09:09 PM
My 32PFL9606h/12 worked including netTV, until I installed the blu-ray BDP5200/12. Now netTV only works on the BDP and my previous recordings on an external HD cannot be fount. The complete device seems to be missing.
So at first I was happy but now I am lost.
The latest software is installed through USB and both have WiFi connection only it isn't really working. I have also completely reinstalled both reset my network and have no idea if it will ever work again.

DaWanderer
01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
All,

have now the message could not connetc to the server if i try to connect to the Net-tv via my BDP8000/12
it worked very good till Half December 2011. i have entered agian my web key for the WiFi connection bud there is no resuld.
i can see that there is a connection via my router to the BDP8000/12 i have a 4 bar recieve of the signal and all IP numbers are filled in.

Have installed the latest Firmware 1.6

like to have the Net-Tv back on my Philips Blue Ray:)

DaWanderer
Haarlem
The Netherlands

sook
01-20-2013, 08:27 AM
HI

I have a 37pfl8404 which got a new SSB last week. So i tried NETTV and found out it isnt working. Just the "3 screen" with a stop button and no more. When checking for updates it says that it cant connect to the Philips server. I then started reading this thread and discovered the 123654 menu. It show 00PF0000000 for model. The 2nd line just shows xxxxxxxxxxxxx. What should i do to have this fixed ??

Toengel
01-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Hi,

call service again - they need to program the SSB correctly.

Toengel@Alex

sook
01-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Hi,

call service again - they need to program the SSB correctly.

Toengel@Alex

Allright thanks for the reply. Can they do that remotely or...?

sook
01-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Ok thanks for the reply. Can that be fixed remotely or ??

Toengel
01-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi,

no.

Toengel@Alex

Denco
08-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Hello.

vTuner is not working on my 39PFL2908/F7. It drops error codes 00103699 most often. Sometimes there are codes 00104404, 00104697, 00104693 and 00121404, but they're not as often as the first one.

I tried both wireless and wired connections, disabled firewall, enabled uPnP, assigned static IP to TV in my LAN. I tried to add TV IP to DMZ on my router. Also I tried to set Google DNS on TV(8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). So there are no problems with traffic and connection. Netflix and Youtube are working without any problem.

Firmware is the latest one: PHL_0CEX_016_2

I have no idea why, but I can't enter CSM by 123654.

Please, help me to make vTuner working.