PDA

View Full Version : Smart TV: Wanted Apps

Johan83
05-09-2012, 04:30 PM
It would be great if the viaplay app would be avaliable in Denmark for philips NET tv. As of now, it is only LG and Samsung. Please get this app for my TV !

Have a 42PFL7406T

rustywho
06-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Yes, I agree Viaplay would be a great App for all your smart Tv's in the nordic region. they offer reasonable priced tv, movie and a sport package on a monthly subscription..

Viaplay is a much better than anything else offered in your basic nettv app package

Johan83
06-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Yes, I agree Viaplay would be a great App for all your smart Tv's in the nordic region. they offer reasonable priced tv, movie and a sport package on a monthly subscription..

Viaplay is a much better than anything else offered in your basic nettv app package

Yes it would be great, but i dont think anything is going to happen. I rang philips and asked if a viaplay app would be launched and got this answer "we dont make the apps, that is for the different providers to make, try calling viaplay and ask them"

I then rang viaplay and they said, "that they do not make the apps and that phillips could was free to include viaplay in their internet tv." So it seems like none of them are working on fixing this for us. Very stupid i must say. Would be much appreciated by alot of philips tv owners.

jeffreyisenhour
08-05-2012, 10:16 PM
How can I watch Amazon video on my smart tv? I have the Netflix app on my tv --but on my roku I have Netflix and Amazon Video (among others)-but my interest is Amazon Video.

Foozilla
08-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Please read this.

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/tag/philips-net-tv

So now we know. Can't find information on release date yet though.

restorator
08-17-2012, 09:37 PM
clarify Amazon Instant Video

Amazon Instant Video is another service like vudu, and to some extent netflix. You can watch some free videos and more with amazon prime and you can also purchase videos that you own forever, either remaining on amazons servers or downloaded to your pc. A very popular service with the widest variety of movies in one place I have found so far. A streaming service just like many others. You can find out more here: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sa_menu_aiv_piv0?ie=UTF8&node=2676882011

I hope there is an app for Amazon instant videos or this tv will be going back in a day or two. I bought this so i didnt also have to buy another tv and another roku

jeffreyisenhour
08-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Amazon Instant Video is another service like vudu, and to some extent netflix. You can watch some free videos and more with amazon prime and you can also purchase videos that you own forever, either remaining on amazons servers or downloaded to your pc. A very popular service with the widest variety of movies in one place I have found so far. A streaming service just like many others. You can find out more here: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sa_menu_aiv_piv0?ie=UTF8&node=2676882011

I hope there is an app for Amazon instant videos or this tv will be going back in a day or two. I bought this so i didnt also have to buy another tv and another roku

I am very frustrated by the lack of amazon instant video--I'm a subscriber to Amazon prime and there is a great deal I want to watch, but I've never gotten an answer to my question about whether or not there will be an update that includes amazon...

alexdaf82
08-19-2012, 03:20 AM
Hi I need please the Netflix app for Net Tv, my philips product is a BlueRay BDP5200/55, and when i search for this app, i canīt find it.. Could I find it soon? or its only for TVs..

Greetings from Colombia :)

Thanks for your support!

Philips
08-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Post here the Apps that you want and are not available yet

FWT78
08-22-2012, 08:50 AM
There are two major online videostores in Sweden that Philips must include in the Smart TV and that is Headweb (http://www.headweb.com) and SFAnytime (http://sfanytime.com/).

/FWt

mangep
08-28-2012, 08:58 AM
I have also seen this about Viaplay:

But NO info at all on when this will be released on Philips, for Panasonic it was released one month ago....

letmebe
09-30-2012, 07:40 AM
A Crunchyroll app (and available in latin America).

Martijn
10-30-2012, 10:29 AM
PLEX media for streaming media from your home server or NAS

www.http://plexapp.com/

Erikrijnders
10-30-2012, 04:40 PM
The SBS gemist app please. On every other brand it is available on ALL devices. So why cannot Philips get their act together?

Rasmus Lund
10-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Have 32PFL5007T/12 SmartTv - NetFlix App please

shemeri
11-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Yes please please we need NetFlix? all other smart tvs have that, isn't philips smart enough to get NetFlix and ViaPLay? Or did I make a wrong decision when I bought Philips tv over other brands?

Have a friend who bought an LG after me and he is really happy for it since it has all the apps such as viaplay, netflix, and even browser support flash.

Now I regret I didn't buy LG but hope that Philips will catch up be sending updates or support these apps.

abaekgaard
11-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Philips your brand is bleeding.....

Failing to deliver these apps (in particular Netflix) severely reduces your brand value. And don't give us the answer that these apps will be included in later models. You have no trouble in delivering apps with adult content on the fly .......... :-(

You need to proactively get in to this forum and start adressing these relevant questions .....

PeterO
11-29-2012, 08:04 PM
I would love to see a Plex app.
Samsung and LG have it.

abaekgaard
11-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Please read this.

So now we know. Can't find information on release date yet though.

Yes but on which models ... 2013 an onwards ... rendering 2012 models antique ...
Philips you need to get active in this forum and start answering questions.

Canarias
12-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Waarom zijn niet alle apps van net tv in BelgiŽ beschikbaar ? Volgens de lijst zijn er in BelgiŽ 58 apps maar ik kan er maar een 20 tal vinden. Vele apps vermeld in de lijst voor BelgiŽ zijn toch niet te vinden. Kan je ook een ander land instellen ?

rogauntt
12-23-2012, 08:47 PM
I do hope that an Amazon App show up as it is about my favorite with the "Prime" membership. As a workaround, I found that I can stream via my PC, which does get Amazon.
randy

dirkhamstra
01-05-2013, 11:43 PM

The catalog of apps needs expanding - it's barely useable specifically I'd like to see:

Amazon Instant Video
Hulu
Flash- support

When?

michal_bg
01-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Flash support in used browser!

kudsk
01-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Viaplay app to bdp5500/12 philips dvd player would be really cool
when will it come

fd20
01-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Hi, it would be great to have Spotify on my 40PFL8007K PHILIPS Smart TV.
Any chance for it in Spain?

radulescuraduflorin
02-03-2013, 10:27 AM

hi !i'm radu and i wanna say say that i'm extremely dissapointed that philips put as a "smart tv app" in my philips pfl 3517 2 days old only YOUTUBE!ITS OUTRAGEOUS THAT YOU let that firmware since august 2012 and that you did not made anything to upgrade till now.there is no net tv or smart in that tv unit!
I ve choosed you in stead of samsu... or l.. cause i thought your "philips"!wrong!
very !
at the same amount of money i've could have choosed a SMART TV INDEED not that piece of junk!and you call it a "2012 model"what era?
Maybe you'll have de decence to let us know when you'll upgrade the 2012 tv series firmware.I am sure that I am not the only one !!!!!!
Probably the last philips piece of equipment ever to buy again!
Thanks!Radu

Toengel
02-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Hi,

all 3000 series TVs only have YouTube - no NetTV - as written in the specs.

Toengel@Alex

radulescuraduflorin
02-03-2013, 11:05 AM
in my tv shop was sold as a smart tv .as i found out ,indeed there is nothing smart about that!thats why i said i'm sorry to choose it.BUT ...it seems that at least their pta 01 can be replaced by a very cheap tp link wifi dongle.probably i'll never choose a philips again.a very poor firmware for a 2012 tv set.thanks for your fast answer

Countbeans
11-13-2013, 03:12 PM
PLEX APP client mediaserver as Samsung and Lg have it

JHaney
07-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Amazon Prime
Itunes
GooglePlay
Or just a browser.

Philips - Thomas
07-16-2014, 07:31 AM
Hi,

as soon as you enter "SmartTV" you are in a Browser (Opera).
Google Play btw. is only available on/for Android Devices.

Thomas

Spovednik
08-17-2014, 08:04 PM
I can't believe nobody suggested HBO GO as of yet:)

walkeros
08-18-2014, 08:14 PM
+1 for Hbo Go. In poland there are almost all vod providers available for my philips 47'' tv. But there is no hbo go.. why? Why?:(