PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.91.0 for 4xx7 and 5xx7 series (2012 models)

Philips - Benedickte
08-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi Guys

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Remarks

Due to our global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronising of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on our web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.
- IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start": after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 2 minutes (till all components are shut down), unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.

Release Notes:

• E-Sticker update for 26PFL4007 models.
• Unable to play rented movies from online video store.
• Half of the picture is cut-off when you switch from 3D content to analogue channel.
• TV has slow response to play the files from USB or PC through DLNA.
IMPORTANT: If your TV menu language is selected as Portuguese, follow the instructions below:
• After you have inserted the USB flash drive to the TV, please wait for 30 seconds. The software
upgrade starts automatically.
• If the software upgrade does not start automatically, disconnect the power cable from the power
outlet. Do not remove your USB flash drive. Wait for one minute then reconnect the power cable,
the software upgrade starts automatically.

Best regards,
Benedickte

tomekfsx
08-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi,

sound-drops on DD5.1 streams via optical out still exist :-(
This problem appears on some (not all) DVB-C channels and on devices connected via HDMI (STB) but only when ClearLCD option is ON...
When it's off everything is working perfect.

Is it possible to fix it via firmware update? Is anybody working on that?

Tom

bogaty
08-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Ghosting also still exist in fast games, Philips can fix it?

user0815
08-21-2012, 10:44 PM
40PFL5007K, LAN, DVB-S Astra
- Not working play back of own recorded movies from mid of August also exists.
- [INFO] key at some channels also doesn't give the expected program info on screen. Even it's provided by the stations.
- Smart TV worse then before. It worked at mine with the previous FW90.
- IP-EPG slow as a sick snail
- two of DVB-S channels no more shown cause of *low signal*. Even hundreds of others are fine.

And yes, I've stricly followed the update instructions. :mad:

Uzerrr
08-22-2012, 12:56 AM
BTW is this proper place to [REQ] features / changes / fixes?

user0815
08-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Request fixes at your sales if something is wrong with your TV. They are in charge due to your purchase contract and deal with the manufacturer.

The Philips Support is @ http://www.support.philips.com/

This Forum is only the play yard for the Beta testers of Philips TV's.
You may request features or changes, but don't expect any results for your current device. See my other 100 messages calling for help.

They may implement improvements in the next generations of TV's and just fix major failures with firmware updates. This update is the eight's I experianced within 5 month.

So wait at least one year and buy a new one to find something you'd like to see. :)

Hooligan
08-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Still have DLNA issues! I think it's worse now.
89 is the last fw that dlna work without probs at all

japao
08-22-2012, 05:29 PM
DLNA NOT WORKING, after few minutes disconnect and no reconnect. PLEASE CORRECT THIS BIG FIRMWARE BUG PLEASE

PetrAG
08-22-2012, 06:56 PM
This Forum is only the play yard for the Beta testers of Philips TV's.
You may request features or changes, but don't expect any results for your current device. See my other 100 messages calling for help.
They may implement improvements in the next generations of TV's and just fix major failures with firmware updates. This update is the eight's I experianced within 5 month.
So wait at least one year and buy a new one to find something you'd like to see. :)
I think we should wait more than one year. As I was told Philips sold TV bussines to chinese company TPV Technology in the end of 2011. So now we have new team for discover software without Philips expiriance and promotion policy.
Let's wait and help them to spend our money for improovments...;)

user0815
08-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes, TPV tech website reads:

In April 2012, the Group formed a joint venture (“JV”), TP Vision, with Philips to take over the latter’s TV business. The JV engages in the design, manufacturing, distribution, marketing and sales of Philips’ television worldwide, with the exception of China, India, United States, Canada, Mexico, and certain countries in South America. The JV is 70 percent owned by TPV and 30 percent by Philips.
Other production relates to big global player EMS like Elcoteq. I believe the european production went to hungary already back in 2005 and it's constantly going down the river. Lots of outplacements happened each year. Philips factories in Brazil, Argentina and Hungary will close bringing an end to an era in television history.

trncat
08-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi,

I have installed the newest FW on my 40PFL5007K/12, after installing the Net TV stopped working completely. I only get message that the page is currently unavailable. It has been like this for 2 days now. TV is connected to the network (double checked it already). Does anybody else experience the same issue? How can I reinstall FW (as the TV does not accept the same FW again)? Is it possible to downgrade FW and wait for a newer version?

Richter1k
08-23-2012, 11:43 AM
they are currently working on their servers, it will actually not work

trncat
08-23-2012, 11:51 AM
they are currently working on their servers, it will actually not work

thanks, will wait. hopefully the service will start again soon...

user0815
08-23-2012, 03:36 PM
I also don't think re-installation would change anything. A failed upgrade would result in other behavior.

The only useful sounds to either switch to standby and wait for 5 minutes and switch on again.
Or additional disconnect the TV from power supply for another 5 minutes.
Assume this will clear caches and initiate resets to the different circuits in the TV.
Just guesswork, though.

As for *I have network connection* I'd always recommend to make sure that the TV has a correct IP address in the range of 192.168.xxx.xxx and NOT in ranges like 169.xxx.xxx.xxx or similar. The latter often happens if the router DHCP doesn't distribute proper IP's due to external network problems.

Anyway, NetTV is still slow currently but works at my 5007K.

golvellius
08-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Hi .

A)
Why not a DTS pastrougth ? It is so difficult to do .
No working via SPDIF and HDMI . So DTS it is not possible to use in philips TV as a player . Why?
B) Why nettv is soooooooo slow ?

Thanks ...

trncat
08-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Are the servers still down? it is almost four days and the Net TV still not working? I already checked all settings, also restored the factory settings... any ideas anybody? thanks...

user0815
08-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Nothing to worry with NetTV Servers. It's all fine for me. Same TV as you have.

Did you check the network connection and IP as I've mention on page 1 of this thread ?

trncat
08-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Nothing to worry with NetTV Servers. It's all fine for me. Same TV as you have.

Did you check the network connection and IP as I've mention on page 1 of this thread ?

Thanks for your reply... I just double checked all settings (wifi, IP address, etc.), restored the factory settings...Nothing changed...

Could the net TV website be entered mannually into the TV?

Any idea would be helpfull... thanks

madmaxxr
08-29-2012, 01:30 PM
After migration from 090 to 091 - GMAIL stopped working properly. Green icon is ON.

Philips - Benedickte
08-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi Hooligan and Japao.

Could you please see your PM and reply as quick as possible.

Thank you :)

Benedickte

japao
08-30-2012, 05:28 AM
hi hooligan and japao.

Could you please see your pm and reply as quick as possible.

Thank you :)

benedickte

47pfl4307h/12
zh1b1220010238

madmaxxr
08-30-2012, 08:28 AM
After migration from 090 to 091 - GMAIL stopped working properly. Green icon is ON.
From yesterday Gmail is working properly, I can login and check mail:p

Philips - Benedickte
08-30-2012, 09:53 AM
47pfl4307h/12
zh1b1220010238

Hi Japao.

Thank you.

Benedickte

guizmal
09-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Hi Benedickte,

I've got a 40PFL5507H and i noticed two problems:
- the loss of the image and the sound for a few seconds. This is happening after several minutes I switch on the TV. It happens with sources plugged on hdmi port.
- The sound over hdmi devices is clicking. I often hear some cracking sounds.
I am not the only one to notice this problems. I read posts in french forums where guys have the same issues.

Thanks for fixing that in the next firmware.

Philips - Benedickte
09-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi Benedickte,

I've got a 40PFL5507H and i noticed two problems:
- the loss of the image and the sound for a few seconds. This is happening after several minutes I switch on the TV. It happens with sources plugged on hdmi port.
- The sound over hdmi devices is clicking. I often hear some cracking sounds.
I am not the only one to notice this problems. I read posts in french forums where guys have the same issues.

Thanks for fixing that in the next firmware.

H Guizmal.

Welcome to these forums.

I would advise you to contact your local customer service (http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off) when it comes to the cracking and clicking sounds over HDMI.

Best regards,
Benedickte

japao
09-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Sound have short dropouts through connection PS3-> TV -> receiver hdmi arc

Martin2
09-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Hello.
Just bought the 55PFL5507T/12.

1. Interface is way to slow.
Disable the animations and keep it simple and fast instead or make it optional with graphical menus.
Perhaps a "power user mode" or similar.

2. Interface performance while in 3D mode makes me think if someone actually have tested this.
Its so slow it seems as interface hangs.

3. Adjust button menu while watching.
Only 3 options at the time on a 55 inch screen?
The need to walk through slow animated menus to reach something that could be in the same screen
is not logical. (setting 3d, smart picture, and picture format is a common interaction)

4. SmartTV interface.
To slow to actually use at all for my preference.
End up using Apple TV instead due to superior performance and quality.

5. Network media player.
More ability to control video. Perhaps a "Step 10 min" option.
It takes to long (not an option) to fast forward to ex 60 min into a movie.

6. DTS passthrough on attached storage and if multiple audio exists possibility to choose track.

Well these are the main problems i found for now.
Fix this and for me its a winner.

AfroJack
09-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi,

I have a 46PFL5507T/12 and I'm currently on version 89 of the firmware. I'm a bit hesitant to upgrade sinds I read some people found the USB and DLNA playback of .90 and .91 worse than previous versions.

Besides that I also find the complete user interface very very slow.
E.g. popping up the internet based EPG varies from about 10 seconds to sometimes not showing up at all.

Browsing through the TV channels is also slow but doable.

The Smart TV/Net TV part again is veeeeeeery slooooooow.
3D performance I cannot tell because I have no 3D glasses.

Kind regards,

Jack

mistrzb
09-06-2012, 06:38 AM
Hello
1. I've found that Clear LCD cause sound drops on DVB-T and spdif Please check this and try eliminate quickly this BIG BUG
2. HbbTV ON = most of remote buttons not working!
3. Very slow tv, animation, changing channel itd. Too much operation on slow processor :(
4. Lack of fast adjust brightness, contrast itd.

bogaty
09-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Just recording the ghosting problem on my 40PFL 5507 http://w50.wrzuta.pl/film/0fGoJYJqvby/philips40pfl5507_smuzenie any one have same problem?

somersetpaul
09-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi - tv has started showing picture format info box when adjusting volume up or down. Goes away after rebooting set but then comes back again. Annoying because screen goes black at the same time when adjusting volume. Is this a known issue, is there a fix?

madmaxxr
09-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Just recording the ghosting problem on my 40PFL 5507 http://w50.wrzuta.pl/film/0fGoJYJqvby/philips40pfl5507_smuzenie any one have same problem?
I had 3x blinking in short cycle 2 days ago.

Hi - tv has started showing picture format info box when adjusting volume up or down. Goes away after rebooting set but then comes back again. Annoying because screen goes black at the same time when adjusting volume. Is this a known issue, is there a fix?
I observed in the past few times strange behaviour of channel list button. Sometimes this button was acting like channel info button :) After upgrade to 0.91 not observed (yet :) )

somersetpaul
09-13-2012, 06:29 PM
I have said this before under the last firmware thread, but had no response. I'll try again. Why can't Philips fix the bug that stops me selecting a channel from the programme guide and switching to that channel. My TV does it the first time I try after start-up, but then always reverts to the channel previously watched no matter what I select in the guide. This is very basic functionality which is missing. Please Philips look at this and fix in the next update.

Philips - Benedickte
09-13-2012, 08:04 PM
I have said this before under the last firmware thread, but had no response. I'll try again. Why can't Philips fix the bug that stops me selecting a channel from the programme guide and switching to that channel. My TV does it the first time I try after start-up, but then always reverts to the channel previously watched no matter what I select in the guide. This is very basic functionality which is missing. Please Philips look at this and fix in the next update.

Hi somersetpaul.

Please try to re-install the channels.

Best regards,
Benedickte

somersetpaul
09-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi somersetpaul.

Please try to re-install the channels.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Have done, thanks for the suggestion but makes no difference.

madmaxxr
09-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Yes I have the same, cannot switch programme from TV guide. It's working only once after turning on TV, next revert to the previously watched...

Philips - Benedickte
09-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi Somersetpaul and Madmaxxr.

I would advise you to call to your local customer service (http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off)for further troubleshooting.

Best regards,
Benedickte

charbb
09-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Hi,
I have a 40pfl5507k/12 and I just did update to ver 0.91 from 0.89.
The tv is very very much slower in execution speed of all kinds of command.
I have not noticed improvements with the new firmware release.
I keep having problems playing avi and mkv files from usb device:
I have continuous blocks in Playback (avi and mkv)
you can not select the language (avi and mkv)
the fast playback TV crashes (mkv)
I would like to downgrade to the previous firmware version but you can not (WHY?).
In the case of a software release with many bugs you should take the opportunity for users to be able to restore the previous firmware.
When a new and truly better software release?
Best regards
Carlo

buge
09-24-2012, 10:10 AM
I updated my 32PFL4007H and i experience the same problems as you : very slow execution speed ,the applications freezes, sometimes the all tv set is freezing as i have to unplugged it from the power supply.I'am totally disappointed about Philips smart tv. From about 3 days ago I cannot play the youtube application. When I selected , the YouTube logo appear but nothing is loading. The search menu doesn't appear. Have you experience this kind of problem?

japao
09-24-2012, 10:28 AM
When new software is approximately the error correcting writing in this forum?

japao
09-26-2012, 07:33 AM
firmware 0.92 no correct bug disconecting DLNA , when this critical error disabling features tv repaired?