PDA

View Full Version : HMP3000 help please

shanv
08-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Not too sure if I am in the right section to post this but I recently bought the HMP3000 media player and towards the end on most movies that I play from my External Hard drive it will suddenly end saying 'this format is unsupported'.
hoping someone can help me figure out why this is happening???? All my movies are AVI formatů.

Spellbound
11-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Not too sure if I am in the right section to post this but I recently bought the HMP3000 media player and towards the end on most movies that I play from my External Hard drive it will suddenly end saying 'this format is unsupported'.
hoping someone can help me figure out why this is happening???? All my movies are AVI formatů.

I have the same problem and it is rather frustrating. This happens with various types of files regardless of the lenght/size. The files are not corrupted as they work fine on the computer.
Could it have anything to do with the fact that my external hard drive is formatted for mac?

Spellbound
11-06-2012, 06:17 PM
So here are my findings, maybe this can help shanv too.
When connected to an external hard disk of 1TB, the media player stops playing files towards the end. I have tried viewing the same files connecting a normal USB pen drive of 8 GB and there seems to be no problem, they play fine right till the end. My guess is that the media player has troubles supporting 1TB hard disks.
Has anybody remarked the same thing?

MP3
11-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Do you experience any problem when using the random music play function? My mp3 files are stored in different directories. There are more than 30 directories on my USB hard disk. Is the media player capable to play mp3 file from different directories randomly or should I move all mp3 files to one directory or to the root directory?