PDA

View Full Version : Experience thread - FW v2.xx - for 3xx7 series - 2012

Philips - Benedickte
08-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Hi all.

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Remarks
- Due to our global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronising of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on our web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.
- Make sure
- After upgrading your TV it is advised to perform a "cold start": unplug the TV from the mains for 2 minutes before starting again.

Rembere the different platforms/ models got different software.So make sure you download and install the right one.
Date Published: 2012 - 08 - 23 .

1. 3000H/3200H – T911E_2.15
2. 3000T – T912E_2.07
3. 3000K – T913E_2.10
4. 3500H/3800H/S35H – T921E_2.12
5. 3500T/3800T/S35T – T922E_2.08
6. 3500K/3800K – T923E_2.13
7. DVD Combi – T933E_2.02_R20G

Changelog:

• Onscreen [Help] content update.
• Russian OSD translation errors are corrected.
• Changed the default [Visual impaired] option from on to off.
• Channel list update message pops up after switching channels.
• Missing satellite channels. (Only applicable to country, Germany)
• Unitymedia cable provider option is added to the DVB-C installation cable provider list. (Only
applicable to country, Germany)
• TV does not response to the remote control when you switch to France 24 or Balkan TV channels via
Teledünya digital service provider. (Only applicable to country, Turkey)
• Picture freezes and TV does not response to the remote control when you switch to Mezzo channel.
(Only applicable to country, Serbia)

Best regards,
Benedickte

Toengel
08-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi,

what are S35 devices? Can you give an example (link)?

Toengel@Alex

Bombos3
08-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi,

Software in my TV isn´t good. I made a update, so it´s too slow (everything), but the biggest problém is, that it can´t record the TV channels. WHY? It have got a USB and RJ45, the customer can connect USB HDD/Flash disk etc. Do you can repair it in the next SW update?

Thanks for answer

Toengel
09-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Hi,

I think, you can only make timeshift... no recording...

Toengel@Alex

Bombos3
09-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Hi,

I think, you can only make timeshift... no recording...

Toengel@Alex

Unfortunately no, I can´t record and use TimeShift. The TV have really bad software. It can´t be "SmartTV", only just "bad classic TV".

Philips - Benedickte
09-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi,

what are S35 devices? Can you give an example (link)?

Toengel@Alex

Hi Alex.

An S35 device is a small screen TV in 3500 series.

Some of the S35 TV's are:

19PFL3507H/12
22PFL3507T/12
22PFL3517H/12
24PFL3507T/12
19PFL3507T/60
22PFL3507T/60
22PFL3517T/60
24PFL3507T/60

Hope this makes it more clear.

Regards,
Benedickte

Philips - Benedickte
09-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Unfortunately no, I can´t record and use TimeShift. The TV have really bad software. It can´t be "SmartTV", only just "bad classic TV".

Hi Bombos3.

This TV is a TV with Youtube and internet connection so you can browse files over your network from you other devices.
This model does not support record and TimeShift.

Best regards,
Benedickte

mjfunky
09-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Hello,
I would like to know if latest (2.15 i think) version of firmware allows to watch .mkv files?

mirnospavaj
09-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Any chance to see new application in new firmware, net TV, fb, Internet browser perhaps, for 3500 series

Bravucon
09-17-2012, 07:35 PM
42PFL3527H/12

Browse Network section:

"cannot find the server".

Sometimes, when I change from static IP to DHCP or DHCP to Static IP I reach the DLNA server and can browse into my DLNA LInux server.

Playing movies: Frecuently TV reboots while its playing movie from USB or DLNA(when I get..) Formats avi , mkv,etc.Then I use to retry the same movie and no problems :confused:

Not problems with another DLNA compatible devices in my house.

-Display Aspect Ratio issue playing avis or mkvs.

Current Main Software: T921E 2.12
MAC: 18 8E D5 47 D6 1E

uma350
09-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi,
I have a 42PFL3527H/12 LED LCD TV.
I have some problems with my product.When I plug in a hard drive to my TV by USB connection and try to watch a movie (some avi formats), TV freezes and TV does not response to the remote control in any way.Unfortunately solution is to disconnect the power of the TV and connect it again.I installed the latest software to my TV so I guess its not about the old software.
What can I do to solve this problem ?
Thanx..

glide
09-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi, I have a 24pfl3507, the software is painful. It does not support many mkv files, both audio and video. In addition, the media player does not choose the audio track in multi-track files. It choose the first track but often it isn't the record of my language. The player doesn't support dts audio. Can be remedied with a firmware update? I have a mac and the only working mediaserver for dlna is Twonky, but it is a fee, you can have a free server?
I am very disappointed, I'll never buy a philips tv

katilina
10-06-2012, 06:47 PM
I got my 37PFL3507H/12 with T921E 2.05, so I wanted to upgrade the sw and downloaded T921E 2.12.

Did as instructed: copied the new sw to USB stick, unzipped it. Turned TV off, plugged the USB stick in, turned TV on, started with the sw update.

The process hangs at about half of progress bar for more than an hour now.

Do I unplug the USB? The TV? Wait until...?

Philips - Benedickte
10-10-2012, 02:14 PM
I got my 37PFL3507H/12 with T921E 2.05, so I wanted to upgrade the sw and downloaded T921E 2.12.

Did as instructed: copied the new sw to USB stick, unzipped it. Turned TV off, plugged the USB stick in, turned TV on, started with the sw update.

The process hangs at about half of progress bar for more than an hour now.

Do I unplug the USB? The TV? Wait until...?

Hi Katilina.

What I would advice you to do is set TV in standby with remote control, unplugg TV for about 5 min, take USB out. Reformat USB, then put the unpacked file only on the USB stick. You can also try another USB stick.

Best regards,
Benedickte

novcze
10-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Hello Philips,

can you make Headphones volume option accessible in less then 12 steps? It isn't very user friendly, force user to push buttons on remote control 12 times just to set headphones volume.
I have solution, on remote control is button named ADJUST, you can make Headphones volume option accessible under that button, thank you.

PBE
10-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Model: 19PFL3507

DLNA VIDEO BUG (high impact):
The active video settings are corrupted in the DLNA video playback. This happens right after playback of the first selected file. Each file thereafter (even if it's the same file as before) will be shown much paler and drastically increased contrast (luminance and colour clipping is visible). To correct that one has to switch the "Smart Picture" profile to a different profile and back. But this only works when the both profiles have totally different "Digital Crystal Clear" settings.

USB/DLNA VIDEO BUG (high impact):
Video-/pixel aspect ratio attribute inside MPEG2 or MPEG4 video stream is not respected. Video is alway stretched out to the full extend of the screen. Files with 4:3 or 21:9 content is not displayed correctly.

DVB-T BUG:
It's impossible to use the signal strength meter in the info menu for adjusting an antenna. Whenever the signal is very low, the menu disappears to display either the channel name or "no signal". Annoying. In most cases the TV doesn't respond or very slow to the remote control.

SLEEPTIMER:
Since the TV menu responds very slow, it's quite a pain to access the sleeptimer, which is buried deeply in the setup menu. This function should be assigned to one simple button. Could be the yellow button, which doesn't do anything at the moment.

DLNA SERVER:
It would be nice if there would be support for Plex Media Server. Currently Plex assigns a generic DLNA profile to this TV: the currect TV firmware has lost the ability to fastforward or reverse files.

USB/DLNA Playback:
MISSING option: jump to time function
MISSING option: jump to last playback position
MISSING option: jump 30 sec, jump 1 minute

marcogancio@tiscali.it
10-21-2012, 04:57 AM
Bug found in T921E_2.12 (39PFL3807H/12):

If I edit the HDMI2 name in the menu screen the same new name appears on the scart icon.

I've tried to put "DVD HD" and the scart (previously named VCR) appears as DVD HD.
Same behaviour if I edit the Scart name (same name on HDMI2).

PvC
10-29-2012, 05:57 PM
24pfl3507h/12 fw version 2.12:
I am currently experiencing some problems with sound. Sometimes when switching channels there is no sound. Have to restart the TV to get the sound back. Not very happy with that.

Also I find the TV responding very slow, but that I can get used to. Browsing the media on my network hardly works since a lot of formats are not supported and building the lists of images etc. is too slow to be enjoying.

But the sound problem is my main concern now.
This has to get solved somehow in the near future I hope.
Using the TV with Ziggo All-in-One, Cisco HD decoder, via HDMI; with Harmony One as remote. (But the problem is obviously in the TV since I have to restart it to get sound again.

PBE
11-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Another bug or at least a very annoying behaviour found:

when the sleeptimer reaches the final minute and you're watching some file on a mediaserver or youtube, the TV immediately stops playback and switches back to the last TV channel (analogue or DVB-T/C). From that moment on, you'll have to go deep into the setup menu again to adjust the timer. And then the most annoying thing, if the film which you were previously watching already played for say 75 minutes, you CAN'T jump back to that point. Only fast-forward is available - which is actually not that fast. 32x speed isn't that fast. An old VHS record has a faster FF option.

ricsal
11-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi there,

I have a 37PFL3507H/12 with – T921E_2.12 also tested with 2.02 (initial release)

Here are my findings:
1-Automatic sound adjustment (I believe this should keep the sound leveraged when switching channels) also doesn't seem to be doing anything.
2- Have an issue with DLNA, have one file that doesn't show video, but on usb it works just fine.
3-Have some div5 movies that don't run (I compared with the user manual table).
4-When setting image size to full (fill screen with image) when the camera on the channel changes we get like half a second with everything back (tv adjusting)
5-Zapping is quite slow, donno how it was with different fw releases

I have this TV for about a week and I must say that it quite surprised me for the positive. I couldn't imagine that this tv could use just one third of my previous tv electric power and the functions are quite nice.

One extra question, is this tv able to record to USB or DLNA?

Thanks for your time,
Regards

PBE
12-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Found something stupid with the sleeptimer on the 19PFL3507:

When the timer reaches the last minute, the volume is slowly turned down. Of course... logical. What's NOT logical is that the video contrast is also lowered, while at the same moment there is a huge white status bar on screen that does NOT lower in intensity. It is in fact so bright, the lowering of the programme contrast has no use what so ever. In fact... it generates so much light, you'll be woken up. Apparently no one of the TV department has listened to the Lighting department; sleep vs light intensity is a science they know all about.

In this case it would be more logical to turn down the LED backlight and remove the huge white status bar. Just show the timer countdown with the same appearance and text size as the channel / input is shown.

Version T921E_2.12, 2012-08-23

by the way... can we expect any firmware updates ever?

dobby
12-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Ok... let's see.. got me a 22PFL3507H/12, FW: T921E_2.12 (which this thread should be about)

Looked at the specs, made me some h.264 (mkv container) files, all (I thought) according to the specs.. but both video and audio pop up a message about "video not supported/audio not supported"..

Please.. can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong (or might there be a problem with my TV?)

mediainfo output (very much compressed, just to get a small failing sample):

General
Unique ID : 237882417810927625954602026784367537813 (0xB2F67CB735365FD4B85833C451C76E95)
Complete name : sample.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 1.16 GiB
Duration : 1h 26mn
Overall bit rate : 1 913 Kbps
Movie name : Sample file (2012))
Encoded date : UTC 2010-02-22 21:41:31
Writing application : mkvmerge v5.9.0 ('On The Loose') built on Dec 9 2012 15:37:01
Writing library : libebml v1.3.0 + libmatroska v1.4.0

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 9 frames
Muxing mode : Header stripping
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 1 619 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 688 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.85:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.077
Stream size : 1 007 MiB (85%)
Writing library : x264 core 128 r2216 198a7ea
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=9 / deblock=1:1:1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.40:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=20000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.60
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Muxing mode : Header stripping
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 256 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 159 MiB (13%)
Language : English

Text
ID : 3
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Language : Dutch

Playing through wired LAN, (smb share)

I even added the vbv_bufsize and vbv_maxrate (conservative) because they are not necessarily honoured when giving a level (HP@4.0) to x264.exe. bandwidth should be no problem (some much higher data rates, 1920x1080 files, play fine.. most at HP@4.1 even (which I used to use, only diff being the buffer sizes, but that's irrelevant, as Level 4 is specified)

Please - any ideas anyone?

* and ofcourse - a merry Christmas to all..

* dobby

yym
12-27-2012, 01:42 PM
problems with tv 37pfl3007

sw version T911E_2.15

general lag, very slow menus, not enough remote control sensitivity, remote control has to be aimed precisely (sniper precision) at tv to work

critical sw bugs:
the tv set frooze several time, could not recover from it, had to unplug from mains (would show just the channel name with black screen and no sound (on channel Antena1 (digital))

one time the volume control was frozen, could not change sound level, oterwise the tv worked, recovered after soft on/off

the teletext appears on some of the channels after about 3 seconds without pressing any button ( and when teletext is left, it reappears almost instantly) (observerd on channels eurosport and antena 1)
also observed that this problem appears if the subtitles are on

all above mentioned channels were digital dvb-c channels (romania), the tv has nothing connected to it beside the TV cable (containing both analog and digital signals)

some other issues:
it is a real pain in the a** that the tv doesn't support srt subtitles
it claims that it supports embedded mkv subtitles but none of the movies with them worked, it just said not supported picture and/or sound.
it would be nice to know exactly what works and what doesn't, not to experience with a dozens of formats none of which ever worked on the TV, but works on every other device (pc/latop, tablet, media player)

overall impression, poor quality, lots of bugs, would not recommend, can find much better ones in the same price range

horia
01-08-2013, 09:06 AM
T921E_2.12 is badly broken IMO, at least on the 32PFL3517H model.

The list of problems I have so far with this version are listed here:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?10044-32PFL3517H-12-horrendously-slow-when-changing-channels

locane
01-09-2013, 06:16 AM
Model: 42PFL3007T/12 FW T912E_2.07

I find it very irritating when i connect my TV in to network, TV says that i can watch videos, pics via my network.. i have tried to find guides and tips how to achieve this.
From Philips software and driver download page http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=42PFL3007T/12&hlt=Link_Software&mid=Link_Software&scy=FI&slg=AEN there is Twonky download to my model. I tried it and couldn't get it working because i cant find menu where i could browse stream servers or anything on network. Even the user manual says that i just press home button and choose "Browse network". My TV doesn't have that menu entry. I think that this model can't do what philips very fakely promises.

Why do this model really have ethernet connection?
EDIT: It's only for software update.

Other thing what i found really irritating is how headphones volume menu is hidden. It need to be more easily accessible or tied in normal volume control. TV's own speakers lacks bass and i have 2.1 stereo set with normal 3.5mm jack. I used them on my old TV headphone jack and volume controls was tied together. I needed only turn TV speakers off and i had better sound system on TV and i could adjust volume with normal volume control.

yym
01-22-2013, 06:56 AM
update to my previous comment:

It turns out that subtitles are supported in some cases, in the media player, but it depends on the mkv format, some of them work, also external .srt subtiltes work, also with other files like .avi. This is totally in contradiction with the user manual. The user manual explicitly says that only embedded .mkv subtitles are supported and .srt or other external subtitle files are not supported. The user manual is not reliable.

Also i discussed some of the topics with my work colleagues who have phillips tvs, and they all report all kinds of strange bugs, like HDMI connection not working with dvd/blueray set ( not even with philips brands)

I am really disappointed in philips, i don't have other philips products, but I expected much better quality from philips brand, will not choose philips next time.

hacktarus
01-23-2013, 03:30 PM
i bought a tv led 24pfl3507h/12 and i experiencing some annoying issue as the dlna multimedia player.
I suppose that it has some bugs play video and audio file such as avi, mkv etc. some formats are not supported as in other brands tv and make me reconsider to buy other philips tv model.
i wish that this issue will be resolved by the next firmware update.

PBE
02-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Well, it's has been months since I've been on the phone with Philips support about several issues about the 19pfl3507 and no message whatsoever since then. It seems that Philips really does NOT care at all.

The division's consumer electronics activities have been sold to Funai Electric this month. And in my experience this means that any development in current (and older) products are dropped on the spot. I'm guessing that much of the current Philips employees, incl. software developers, will be sacked soon.
I don't expect Philips will release any firmware updates any more. Unless the moderator (who has been very quiet for a long time too) can confirm otherwise, I'm already considering returning the TV to the shop very soon. Probably will exchange it for a Panasonic model.

Toengel
02-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Hi,

new firmware available:

T911E_2.18 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.15
T912E_2.09 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.07
T913E_2.13 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.10
T921E_2.15 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.12
T922E_2.11 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.08
T923E_2.16 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.13
T933E_2.04 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.02

Toengel@Alex

tpaasiala
02-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Why do this model really have ethernet connection?
EDIT: It's only for software update.

Is this verified by Philips? Since manual and tv's inbuilt help pages says you can use ethernet to watch videos in LAN i found this very annoying. I have 32PFL3007T with same problem.

PBE
02-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Hi,

new firmware available:

T911E_2.18 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.15
T912E_2.09 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.07
T913E_2.13 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.10
T922E_2.11 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.08
T923E_2.16 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.13
T933E_2.04 (Date published: 2013-02-06) – before 2.02

Toengel@Alex

For the 19PFL3507 this only improves the DVB-T/C zap to a fairly comfortable level. My much older Dreambox zaps way faster.

Much work need to be done since, all other bugs/annoyances still exist:

* Many buttons on the remote carry quite useless functions (like the red or green buttons), while functions that would be used quit often are still buried deep into the system menu:
- sleep-timer
- headphone level

* DVB-T signal strength meter still annoyingly disappears completely after a few seconds if you try to install the TV in a new place.

* YouTube:
no way to adjust the video settings (no access to the video or audio profiles)

* DLNA / USB playback:
- active video profile settings are messed up (contrast way to high) after selecting more than one video-file from USB or DLNA
- the correct (pixel) aspect-ratio flag in video files is still ignored; 21:9 or 4:3 video is still stretched to the full extend, which means that the picture is always distorted. The size-button on the remote is totally useless here.
- still no options to jump in time with USB or DLNA video playback
- for some strange reason in DLNA mode, at the end of a video file, the TV sometimes jumps back to about 1 or 2 minutes into the beginning of the same file instead of starting at the beginning of the next file. Unclear if this is a bug of Twonky or the TV firmware.
- although Twonky works fine (btw... the version on the Philips support site is outdated), Plex Media server support would be much better. Especially since Twonky does not support live transcoding (which is necessary since DTS sound needs to be transcoded into plain Dolby surround stereo for this TV).

netdrg
03-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi,

new firmware available:

Toengel@Alex

hi I have only freeze image on all channels with 24PFL3507H, firmware 2.15, the quality signal is 90% in DVBT France.

Richardo
03-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Is there any update on the agenda? I would love to be able to control the headphone volume with the remote control buttons. That is my main problem with the my 46PFL3807

paulo51
03-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Hi, I have a 24pfl3507, the software is painful. It does not support many mkv files, both audio and video. In addition, the media player does not choose the audio track in multi-track files. It choose the first track but often it isn't the record of my language. The player doesn't support dts audio. Can be remedied with a firmware update? I have a mac and the only working mediaserver for dlna is Twonky, but it is a fee, you can have a free server?
I am very disappointed, I'll never buy a philips tv

Hi, I have a 22pfl3507, the software is painful, to slow, between channels it take's to many seconds. The player doesn't support dts audio. Why? Can this be fixed with a firmware update? When? I am very disappointed too. I think I don't buy another philips tv, and I have two. I hope Philips fix these problems in a short period of time.

tellyphobe
03-17-2013, 11:45 AM
I have a 32PFL3517T and am in the England, UK. The changes in v.2.11 are reported as only affecting the Turkish and Romanian territories so is there any benefit in risking an update to this version?

thanks

okarr
05-07-2013, 02:39 PM
i am really fed up with the 42PFL3507K. i wish i had never bought it.

zapping is painfully slow, tv often becomes unresponsive where only pulling the plug helps, TV guide is so slow i am not using it any more, DNLA works ... sometimes... but crashes the tv more reliably than showing files, again very slow on DNLA file browsing... so slow it can take up to 30 seconds to show a directory that contains 1 file.

but what annoys me most of all is the fact that the networking settings are beyond painful. first off, wireless passwords are not stored, hostname is not transmitted, TV always shows up on router as hostname unknown.
and win7 can not find and show the TV in the network devices list despite ps3 media server and twonky finding it quite nicely as a renderer.

in short... really shitty experience. will not buy again.

ZomBiE8192
06-12-2013, 10:52 AM
I have 32PFL3807T/12 and what bugs me most is that slow and stupidly organised EPG and slow remote control response, if it even responds at all.

paulo51
06-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Hi, I have a 22pfl3507, the software is painful, to slow, between channels it take's to many seconds. The player doesn't support dts audio. Why? Can this be fixed with a firmware update? When? I am very disappointed too. I think I don't buy another philips tv, and I have two. I hope Philips fix these problems in a short period of time.

I am very disapointed with Philips and i wish i had never bought my TV, because there are others without the problems that i have and i feel that Philips dosen't make nothing to resolve them. I think that from march til now (end of june) is suficient to resolve the problems... I am still waiting... and very, very disappointed. And it's a shame that no one from Philips respond's our posts.

ertiodeahi
07-19-2013, 12:43 PM
:mad:

This is the Last time I bought Philips TV and i'll recommend to my worst enemies.

- The software is painful, changing channels is a torture, that takes a long time to respond.
- Video media player doesnt respect aspect ratio.
- No DTS support.( not so important but nowdays is basic)
- etc (read all bad feedback from other owners)

No interest in fixing a lot of bugs in software.

FransM
07-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Unfortunately my experience is also mixed:
- youtube is terribly slow
- originally expected more network functionality
- zapping is slow
- when listening to a radio station a terrible bar comes up saying this is a radio station. No easy way to mute this
- I often get messages that an update is available and that the tv will update in standby, but there is no update; I am already on the latest sofware (actually I got this message even right after updating to the latest version).

I own 3 Philips TVs but this one is the worst of the 3.

Frans

PS: anyone an idea if the open source components can be downloaded from somewhere?
Frans

enok71
08-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Like most other's in this forum - I'm disappointed with the software, it lowers the value of the TV by at least 50% ( I have T912E 2.07)
- It's very slow.
- I can't update through internet, even though I get IP address, I have to update manually with USB
- I can't watch media files through LAN although everything indicates it should be possible
- Sometimes the TV just turns on in the middle of the night, waking everybody up
- Sometimes the TV is impossible to start, in some Zoombie state
- The headphone volume cannot be adjusted easily, it should be possible to tie it to the main volume so it can be controlled with the remote, for those who use headphones-output to connect an external amplifier
- I have figured out how to create a favorite channel list (possible, but to tricky!) but it seems impossible to set the order of the favorites(?) e.g. to really make "channel 9" be at position 9. Other TV's have this feature, it's pretty important.

And why do we have to send a (physical) letter to get the sourcecode? Why not make it downloadable online? Not that I think I would have time to work on it, but maybe chances are that someone else would fix the bad bits.

AvDuijvenboden
08-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Hello Philips people...

Can you PLEASE build a newer, better firmware for my 32pfl3517 TV?
I installed the lastest version, but still the TV acts horrible.

I use it on Ziggo Digital cable, and I am very unsatisfied with the TV's performance.
- on HD channels vision has small delays, but sound is not delayed. It looks very strange and unnatural
- changing from one channel to another is terribly slow
- EPG? Better not to use it, sometimes it is very hard tot get out of it
- Even teletext is annoying: somtimes you can't enter three digits before it timed-out
> this may be related to the smartcard bus: when looking at my PVR via Scart (RGB), Teletext is (in most cases) good in response <

I think I can go on for a while, but that does not help I'm afraid. After many years of Philips TV's in my home I'm really sick of it. I think my next TV will definately not be a Philips :-(

marcogancio@tiscali.it
10-26-2013, 04:20 AM
Just found that a new firmware is out (T921E_V2.16):

T921E_2.16 (Date published: 2013-10-22)
 Romania: characters display is incorrectly in EPG menu.
 Hungary: channels are mixed.
 Ukraine: Incorrect switching from DVB-T2 signal to USB.
 Russia: When user uses Irdeto CAM (Cam connected into TV) and they tried to use USB, they could see the message: Signal is missed

Toengel
10-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Hi,

correct - firmware for all 3xx7 TV series:

T911E_2.19 (Date published: 2013-10-22) – before 2.18
T912E_2.12 (Date published: 2013-10-22) – before 2.09
T913E_2.17 (Date published: 2013-10-22) – before 2.13
T921E_2.16 (Date published: 2013-10-22) – before 2.15
T922E_2.12 (Date published: 2013-10-22) – before 2.11
T923E_2.17 (Date published: 2013-10-22) – before 2.16
T933E_2.05 (Date published: 2013-10-22) – before 2.04

Changelog:

Romania: characters display is incorrectly in EPG menu.
Hungary: channels are mixed.
Ukraine: Incorrect switching from DVB-T2 signal to USB.
Russia: When user uses Irdeto CAM (Cam connected into TV) and they tried to use USB, they could see the message: Signal is missed

It's suggested to pull power cord for 2-3 minutes after the update was successful (after update, shut down, wait 2 minutes, pull power cord, wait 2 minutes, replug power cord, wait 2 minutes, start TV).

Toengel@Alex

ZomBiE8192
11-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Would you PLEASE fix these stupid performance issues? A year later and no improvement on user-friendliness. Next TV will be Samsung or JVC or LG. But not Philips or whichever this brand will be in future. Now that it is sold i mean. Ah, Funai... Had bad experiences from that manufacturer already.

paulo51
06-01-2014, 05:40 PM
I am very disapointed with Philips and i wish i had never bought my TV, because there are others without the problems that i have and i feel that Philips dosen't make nothing to resolve them. I think that from march til now (end of june) is suficient to resolve the problems... I am still waiting... and very, very disappointed. And it's a shame that no one from Philips respond's our posts.

Well, I am still waiting for a resolution to the problems that I have questioned and more than a year after, nothing... It is a pity Philips dosen´t say anything or do something, any way I continue waiting.

RIDXXX
08-09-2014, 04:15 AM
Help please!
I have a TV 42pfl3007h / 60 T911E
TV no ​​longer fully respond to the remote control (not some service commands, etc. do not work). On television, you can see that the signal comes from the remote ("Flashing" light on the TV), but the television itself to the remote control commands are not as not responding!
Help me find PS_2k12_3K_DL.pkg firmware!

blindpet
08-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Still can't control the audio of my external speakers using remote control, can't mute it either, LG TVs do this, fix in a firmware update please!

I am currently using T912E_2.11

Philips - Thomas
08-18-2014, 08:05 AM
Hi,

it is not a matter of LG or Philips but on what the TV can and what it cant.
To use the external Sound Device with the TV Remote, the TV needs to support certain HDMI-CEC commands. So the TV must support EasyLink.

Tell us what TV you got and i can tell you what the TV does support.

Thomas

RIDXXX
08-29-2014, 02:35 AM
Help please!
I have a TV 42pfl3007h / 60 T911E
TV no ​​longer fully respond to the remote control (not some service commands, etc. do not work). On television, you can see that the signal comes from the remote ("Flashing" light on the TV), but the television itself to the remote control commands are not as not responding!
Help me find PS_2k12_3K_DL.pkg firmware!

RIDXXX
09-02-2014, 04:34 AM
Found this firmware upgrade_loader.pkg and flashed. Through the remote works well, is not correct. Image unclear. TV version was T911E, T923E after the firmware was how to get back back?