PDA

View Full Version : HTS3531 Problem, Please Help!

AlfieBirchall
08-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi, this is my first post on here and Im not too clued up on surround sound systems etc, but anyway I bought the HTS3531 system a couple of months ago, got it set up no problem, all was working perfect, until I woke up this morning, tried to play my PS3 and no sound at all was coming through any of the speakers. I then tried to use the DVD player included in the HTS and again, no sound came through. The whole system was working perfectly last night and I have no idea what has changed as I havent changed anything in my setup.

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this kind of problem or knows what could be wrong with my system, as I have been through all sorts of settings and setups and just cant figure out whats wrong.

If it helps at all, I use a HDMI cable to connect my PS3 to my TV and a digital optical cable to connect the PS3 to the HTS.

Many thanks in advance!
:)

Pacman
08-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Make sure you install the latest fw on your HTS.

AlfieBirchall
08-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Make sure you install the latest fw on your HTS.

Just checked the firmware on my HTS and it is already at the latest version

Toengel
08-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi,

did you try the internal update mechanism or did you compare the installed version with the support website download?

Toengel@Alex

AlfieBirchall
08-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Hi,

did you try the internal update mechanism or did you compare the installed version with the support website download?

Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel,

I compared the installed version with the version available on the website, all ready up to date in there

Toengel
08-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Hi,

did you try to pull power cord for 2-3 minutes?

Toengel@Alex

AlfieBirchall
08-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Hi,

did you try to pull power cord for 2-3 minutes?

Toengel@Alex

Just tried that and its working fine now! PHEWW! I had absolutely no idea that would help! haha Thank you soooo much, thats awesome!