PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with FW v0.140.25.0 for 7000 series (2010 models)

Philips
11-18-2010, 07:21 AM
Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?730-New-software-for-7000-series-(2010-models)!): new, old, positive, negative.... (e.g. the "black screens during zapping" problem is solved!).

Thank you for your cooperation....

petasis
11-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Still no EPG for Greece (either DVB-T or from NetTV).

ariester
11-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?730-New-software-for-7000-series-(2010-models)!): new, old, positive, negative.... (e.g. the "black screens during zapping" problem is solved!).

Thank you for your cooperation....

It seems that the firmware is binary exactly the same as the firmware of the 8000 series.
Is that correct?

Meeterea
11-18-2010, 06:03 PM
It seems that the firmware is binary exactly the same as the firmware of the 8000 series.
Is that correct?

It has also the same date (04-11) as the firmware of the 8000 serie!!
I'll think they have upped the wrong file??

ariester
11-18-2010, 06:54 PM
It has also the same date (04-11) as the firmware of the 8000 serie!!
I'll think they have upped the wrong file??

i don't think. I think the same software works on the 7000 series
I already had the 8000 series software installed on my 7000 series :)
Looks like the only need the extra time to test it on the 7000 series.
With a reaction of Philips we know for sure.

theflyer1972
11-19-2010, 05:22 AM
in the changelog says:
Introduction of the new Net TV Service Portal 2.5. (Only applicable to Net TV models.....
I went in the net tv menu but I have not seen differences with the previous firmware verison,where is the difference?

Philips
11-19-2010, 06:59 AM
in the changelog says: Introduction of the new Net TV Service Portal 2.5. (Only applicable to Net TV models..... I went in the net tv menu but I have not seen differences with the previous firmware verison,where is the difference?

Portal is not live yet, read this (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?715-Where-is-the-new-NetTV-Surface-as-promised-at-the-IFA2010).

0C3
11-19-2010, 06:07 PM
v0.140.25.0 solves the random reboot problems after powering up the tv and after powering down. Also the menu works a lot quicker. So far so good. (on my 37pfl7605)

Unfortunately videofiles larger than 4 GB still don't play. Since v0.140.23.0 the aspect ratio of videofiles are correct (before that onlyvertically streched images for 2.35:1 videofiles) but files bigger than 4 GB don't work anymore. Before firmware v0.140.23.0 files bigger than 4 GB played without problems. Please fix this.

Sjefke
11-20-2010, 04:31 AM
After the update my 42PFL7655h/12 gives sound problems

The sound on the TV stops for about 5 seconds. This happens on every channel. Also when i am playing on my Wii. It happens every 1/2 to 1 hour.

Before the update i never had this problem.

Lassy
11-20-2010, 06:06 PM
After the update my 42PFL7655h/12 gives sound problems

The sound on the TV stops for about 5 seconds. This happens on every channel. Also when i am playing on my Wii. It happens every 1/2 to 1 hour.

Before the update i never had this problem.

I have exact the same problem here with my 46pfl7605 :mad:

I really don't understand why Philips has released a malfunctioning update again!
We are not testing any kind of beta software here, are we?

I hope that with the next (required) update I will have a perfect working TV. Up to now it is quite frustrating having bought an expensive TV producing all these hick-ups after another update.

My apologies for my somewhat aggressive tone, but this is ridiculous.

theflyer1972
11-20-2010, 07:15 PM
first:
even with this firmware release I still do not hear the audio of this video(mkv) said in the previous firmware in this post

LINK (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?717-FW-000.140.023.000-problem&p=1368&viewfull=1#post1368)

second:
it's possbile to improve the function of forward and rewind of the video read from USB?(ex.: go to function)

tnk

Meeterea
11-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Hello,

I have since update 75-60-1 a problem, before this update I had no problem.
I have the TV (32pfl7605) connected via an HDMI ARC cable (1.4) connected to an HDMI ARC home cinema.
Now, if I turn the TV Standbye, the sound through the home cinema goes off, only after about a half minute, the sound goes on through the home cinema again, always with the sound of Ned 1 (the first chanel in the row).
Then after a half minute the home cinema is automatically disabled as it should behave.
So it likes the home cinema is so yet again fed with a signal for a half minute from the tv, thats strange!!
The TV stayed all the time in the Standbye position.
This happens about 1 in 4 times, not always.
For version 75-60-1 this was not the case.
In the latest software version 140.25 this is not yet resolved.

Is there a solution?

gr.
Arie

Toengel
11-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Hi,

the strange sound behaviour is also present with the 140.25 on the 58PFL9955 (coaxial sound output)...

Toengel@Alex

welverin
11-24-2010, 05:15 AM
Hi,
TV send a non-compliant dlna information to a dlna server, so twonkymedia identify it as generic and not philips tv.

please implement a better dlna support and add subtitle and fast/back forward support, please !

thank you

Leonardo

vgerwen
11-24-2010, 09:39 AM
I update my tv 37pfl7605 to the latest SW and encounter also sound
Problems. The tv sometimes starts wthout sound. ( standby -> on ) only way to solve is switch to standby and on again and hope it starts correctly.

Please solve quickly as this is a major bug!

chrishu
11-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with selecting a computer after the update. It is no longer on the menu and can not select VGA.

Regards, Chris

Lassy
11-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Another issue: HD Natural Motion is not working anymore.

I've tested various HD content, checked all settings, even in de demo you can't see the difference anymore...

Has anyone got the same problem? I'm wondering if it has to do with the latest firmware upgrade or if it's just my TV.

tonchi0807
12-02-2010, 01:00 AM
I have a problem with sound on video files, after about 45 minutes sound looses it's consistency, like a small brakes, it is very iritating because i can't watch any video file which is longer than 45 minutes, picture is normal all the time, but sound is no good. I have had the same problem with previus version of sobtware but i was kind of a hopeing that will be solved.

I have a 32pfl5405/12 lcd tv.

thank you

Lake292
12-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Hello i bought few weeks ago 37PFL7605h which had 0.140.23.0 in it. I was dissapointed with playback of videos from DLNA, because it was stretching videos(21:9) on full screen even if i chose unchanged format from menu.
But in 0.140.25.0 this is fixed and im very happy with this TV now (lack of subtitles, DTS, resuming, rewinding and forwarding will probably make me buy some media player in future anyway but for now it is useable). It adds black bars on top and bottom and doesnt stretch screen anymore so i dont have to look on weird long faces.
Im not experiecing any sound problems as other stated.

Thank you for this update.

Veidi
12-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Hi,

after the firmware upgrade to 140.25 I have sound problems as well.
I use an external receiver as well as an external media player connected over HDMI.
The amplifier of my Hifi-Set is connected via Headphone Plug(analog).
This worked great until I upgraded.

Sound output is gone for about 5 sec. This happens more or less often.
That is very anoying, when an important information is told, and I don't get it.
I also encountered crackling sounds while watching TV (external SAT-receiver).

Where can I get the previous Firmware ?
When will the next release be rolled out ?

Any suggestions ?

Best regards

Veidi

HWAM
12-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Same problem with sound. Sound sometimes a few seconds gone.

billbond4
12-08-2010, 09:43 AM
I have a 32pfl5405h/05 running q5521-0.140.25.0 and I also have the lack of sound for a few seconds also.
As Veidi said is there any way to rollback to a previous firmware?
and planned release date for the next firmware?

Is there any workaround for the sound problem, like setting the sound to "Standard" or something?

Toengel
12-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi,

I read that some users disabled EasyLink - and the problem was gone...

Toengel@Alex

billbond4
12-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks I will try that !
But im pretty sure that i have it disabled, but think I might change the sound to "Standard" and see if problem is still there

petasis
12-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi,

I read that some users disabled EasyLink - and the problem was gone...

Toengel@Alex

I also have it disabled...

billbond4
12-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Ok, I changed a few settings and didnt have any loss of sound last night watching Satellite TV, (approx 5 hours of watching TV)
Heres what I did\happened :-
*) My satellite receiver had automatically done a firmware update of itself during the night before.
*) Changed the HDMI port that I watch my Satellite from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2, and put my dvd player into HDMI1 (i havent watched any dvds yet)
*) Went into the Home Menu -> Setup-> Factory Restore ( which only set the sound and picture back to the factory settings)
*) Verified that Easylink was already disabled.
*) Changed the name from HDMI receiver to SKY, nice little feature

Hopefully this might work for people with the same problem as me.

petasis
12-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Ok, I changed a few settings and didnt have any loss of sound last night watching Satellite TV, (approx 5 hours of watching TV)
Heres what I did\happened :-
*) My satellite receiver had automatically done a firmware update of itself during the night before.
*) Changed the HDMI port that I watch my Satellite from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2, and put my dvd player into HDMI1 (i havent watched any dvds yet)
*) Went into the Home Menu -> Setup-> Factory Restore ( which only set the sound and picture back to the factory settings)
*) Verified that Easylink was already disabled.
*) Changed the name from HDMI receiver to SKY, nice little feature

Hopefully this might work for people with the same problem as me.

And the amplifier was connected through SPDIF? You were hearing from the TV speakers, or from the amplifier?
(I have never observed sound pauses in the TV speakers, only on the amplifier through SPDIF and DD content the TV received through HDMI)

billbond4
12-09-2010, 09:58 AM
I dont have any amplifer connected, I was getting sound pauses through the TV speakers.

billbond4
12-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Second night and no more sound problems, so all or some of the steps that I did above solved the problem for me. ( I still have the sound and picture left at Standard)

Veidi
12-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Ok,
I have tried the EasyLink-Disable workaround.
I also set the TV back to factory defaults.
Unfortunatley the workaround didn't work for me.
I still have the same sound problems.
I didn't change the HDMI ports. But I don't think this is relevant.

The most annoying problem for me is, that there are click/crack sounds when a deep bass comes up. Only at the beginning.
I am absolutley shure, that this has nothing to do with my amplifier/loudspeekers and I never had the problem before.
Hearing Music with e.g. CDs is perfect.

So the only thing left to do is waiting for the next upgrade. :-(

Veidi

billbond4
12-13-2010, 09:48 AM
The only time I dont have any sounds pauses is when the sound and picture are at standard.
If I change the picture to energy saving, I get the sound pause.
@Veidi, try changing the ports and leaving the sound and picture at standard.

Veidi
12-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Ok,
so you mean, that I should change Port description or change Plugs.
If I change Plugs I don`t see any logic, because both devices have sound problems.

It is ridiculous what you have to do, to get a 900 Euro device work properly.
And I think that Philips should provide older FWs as long as the new one is buggy.

Anyway: Is there anybody having older Versions for PFL7605/12 H german ?

Best regards

Veidi

Veidi
12-14-2010, 08:23 AM
One short question:
Is it possible that the firmware versions of PFL 9705 and 7605 are identical.
I have found a firmware archive for 9705.
If I download both firmwares from Philips, they have the same size and date.

Any suggestions ?

Best regards

Veidi

billbond4
12-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I switched the the hdmi cable from hdmi port1 to hdmi port2 and did the same from hdmi port2.
I dont think that "fixed"the problem, I think doing the factory reset and keeping the sound and picture at Standard did the trick for me.
I will wait for the next update and hopefully that will fix the issue.

Philips
12-14-2010, 10:46 AM
One short question: Is it possible that the firmware versions of PFL 9705 and 7605 are identical.
I have found a firmware archive for 9705. If I download both firmwares from Philips, they have the same size and date. Any suggestions ?Best regards Veidi

Some tips:
- Software for 7000 and 9000 series is not the same, so don't mix!
- As mentioned earlier: it is not advisable to downgrade, better wait for new SW versions.

Emanuel
12-15-2010, 08:45 PM
The same is happening with my 32PFL7605 since I had the last update. This sound problem occurs independently of the source. Is this a know problem to Philips? When a new update will be available to fix this bug?

billbond4
12-16-2010, 09:21 AM
@Emanuel, if you do the steps I mentioned that should solve your problem, but you will only have standard sound and picture ( I havent tried changing the settings) as for the last week I havent had the sound problem since.
Hopefully there will be a new revision of the firmware out before christmas

Emanuel
12-16-2010, 09:43 AM
billbond4, as I understood, the problem is around the PLL. If it's true, How explain that my wii (connected on SCART) has the same sound problem? Actually I have my setup box on HDMI 1, but this connection collide with the SCART interface sound?

Meanwhile I disabled the easyLink (as Toengel posted) and changed the setup box to HDMI 2 to test. I'll leave my feedback later.

billbond4
12-16-2010, 09:47 AM
I dont think changing whats connected where made the difference, it was changing back to factory Settings.
Im guessing that philips didnt fully test having non-standard picture/sound settings in the firmware.

Philips
12-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Dear all,

There were several sound issues reported with SW version 140.25.
We are currently working hard to solve the problem via a SW update.
This SW update (v140.27) will be expected in week 1052 (if approval tests are positive). Don't quote me on the exact date......:)
So, keep a close watch on the Philips support website the coming weeks to upgrade your TV.

billbond4
12-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Cool, Thanks for the update !
I will check in my christmas stocking for it :)

gassnico
12-18-2010, 09:19 AM
do you need beta tester ? in this case I'm volontary !

Dear all,

There were several sound issues reported with SW version 140.25.
We are currently working hard to solve the problem via a SW update.
This SW update (v140.27) will be expected in week 1052 (if approval tests are positive). Don't quote me on the exact date......:)
So, keep a close watch on the Philips support website the coming weeks to upgrade your TV.

Veidi
12-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Hello,

in another forum a user wrote, that he received a mail from Philips with the new 140.27 version.
Can I get this (beta) version as well ?
I really go mad with the sound problmes. :confused:
When is the official release date ?

Best regards Veidi

livkey
12-29-2010, 03:53 AM
Hello Phili lovers,
here I will be short after I have written a lot on a previous web page on this topic and lost it, and I have lost my ideas there.
I am a first time user of a Philips TV and with all the bad's i have noticed it still leading High with AmbiLight,Net TV and the rest you like
I have bought this TV 3 weeks ago and I manage to discover next:

1. The TV cannot be started from numeric buttons(direct number keypad) like all the other normal TV's.. it is a huge disappointment . for example you want to start straight on channel 7 , please consider it for the next FW.
I think maybe the " OK" button , which is the first at hand , would be nice and neat to start up the TV also, now it is dead .

2. I get the Philips logo every time I start TV with a 7 seconds booting, are you serious about this way of starting up? before this update this was only happening when switching off totally.

3. I am still confused with the clock settings and EPG , whatever I set, I am off with one or two hours + or -

4. Menu's are sometimes slow and with a lag. Not before the update

5.. How can I reboot my tv set without loosing settings and channels. Only for refreshing menu's and software...
6. where to use Picture Shift? no clear mention about it.
Remote Control: the best!..
some reviews I read on the net before I have bought my TV said it is bulky and hard to feel.. no way!
easiest to learn in complete blindness...
could be that channel + and - instead of Menu and right click menu..., but that is how I felt to like it .

Please make a better FW to keep your gold line of products.

All the best dear Philips owners and Inventors of....:)
Happy New Year !!!

Vampire
12-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Hello,

in another forum a user wrote, that he received a mail from Philips with the new 140.27 version.
Can I get this (beta) version as well ?
I really go mad with the sound problmes. :confused:
When is the official release date ?

Best regards Veidi

http://www.google.com/#q=0.140.27.0+philips&hl=en&prmd=ivns&filter=0

Veidi
12-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanx for the google search :-)
But the firmware is not available for 37pfl7605H/12.

But I have hope that it will be released soon.
Anyone knows, if it is the same software as in 46PFL7605H/12 ?

Best regards

Veidi

Bikeman1972
12-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanx for the google search :-)
But the firmware is not available for 37pfl7605H/12.

But I have hope that it will be released soon.
Anyone knows, if it is the same software as in 46PFL7605H/12 ?

Best regards

Veidi

Did you also check if the software is actualy presenton the philips-page (p4c.phlips.com). Because i can't find the 027 release, yet!
So, is which pages is goolge re-directing??

Grt,

Ramon

Veidi
12-29-2010, 01:17 PM
OK,

what I found out is, that the update is not officially released.
But I also found out, that Philips provided the new firmware in the FAQ.
There is a topic under the category "Software&Firmware"called

How can I prevent intermittent sound lost when I watch TV channels and external source, or from an audio system connected via the TVís digital audio out connection?

Strange is, that if I go there using German/Germany this link does not appear.

Here is a link to 37PFL7605H/12:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=DE&mid=Link_FAQs&new_tmpl=1&view=aa12_view_partial.html&session=20101018055042_66.249.71.237&list=aa12_list_partial.html&faqview=1&slg=ENG&ctn=37PFL7605H/12&dct=FAQ&refnr=0084472

I installed it and everything looks (sounds) good.
I don't have any sound crackles or sound muting anymore.

So this is the best solution for me so far.:cool:

Best regards

Veidi

Emanuel
12-29-2010, 06:14 PM
I have done my update too (32pfl7605). From now the sound problem seems fixed! Finally!!! Let's see after some deeper tests.

By the way, some one has the release notes?

Thanks to Veidi and the other people as well. Whose help us to understand the problem.

Nosa
01-02-2011, 06:06 PM
I have a 32" led TV (32pfl7605) and had tried the 140.25 and the 140.27 software. But after 10 minutes when it doesn't received any signal from the HDMI port it won't turn it self into standby.

What have I done wrong or is the problem not to solved yet?

bta
01-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi,

I've a small comment to the Online Help:

First of all it's a realy good feature but there are some "bugs":
- when I start the online help with the yellow button and then press the back-key on the remote control I will be directed to the home menu und not back where I started with the yellow button.
- the online help in German still contain "widgets" although they are not longer available in the home menu.
- the alphabetic list in german is wrong. After "Untertitel, digital" follows "Audio-, Untertiel- und Video...", "Untertielsprache", "Einsetzen und formatieren".

40pfl7605H/12, FW: 140.025, UMv 3139 137 03593

Regards
bta

Toengel
01-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi,

maybe this is fixed in Version 140.27 for your TV (see http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=NL&mid=Link_FAQs&view=aa12_view_partial.html&session=20110103095007_146.140.8.46&new_tmpl=1&list=aa12_list_partial.html&slg=ENG&ctn=40PFL7605H/12&dct=FAQ&refnr=0084472&faqview=1).

This firmware isn't available yet for all models and as far as I know this is only an interim update which addresses the sound issue.

Toengel@Alex

bta
01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi,

@Toengel: Thanks for the link to the FW 140.027. Since I don’t use the digital audio output of the tv I can’t check if the bug of sound interruptions is solved but Veidi and Emanuel report that their sound problems are solved.

However I’ve installed the 140.027 version and found nothing changed in comparison to 140.025 (I didn’t have sound problems so far with any FW). No corrected typos in the German version (like Nutzungs_SPACE_bedingungen). No corrections in the (german) online help (Widgets still there). No improvement in IP-EPG like listing only the favorites instead of all channels. It seems you’re right its only a update for the sound issue.

Regards
bta

hams
01-03-2011, 07:44 PM
I also have the sound problem. The sound on the TV stops a few seconds. I only use the TV speakers and no external amplifier.

Nettle
01-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi,

maybe this is fixed in Version 140.27 for your TV (see http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=NL&mid=Link_FAQs&view=aa12_view_partial.html&session=20110103095007_146.140.8.46&new_tmpl=1&list=aa12_list_partial.html&slg=ENG&ctn=40PFL7605H/12&dct=FAQ&refnr=0084472&faqview=1).

This firmware isn't available yet for all models and as far as I know this is only an interim update which addresses the sound issue.

Toengel@Alex

Dear Toengel,

thanks a lot for the infos. Unfortunately the same firmware is actually not available for the 8605 M/08 that I have. :-(

It seems to be, if this fw can solve the issue, the right remedy even for my problem.

Would be nice to know if the 7000 owner has experienced the right solution for this unacceptable problem.

I've spoken this afternoon with the Philips customer service: they'll give me a feedback until 4 days regarding the intermittent sound lost via HDMI with my Philips HTS5120 Soundbar (without the soundbar connected the sound lost problem disappears).

Let's keep the fingers crossed.

regards

livkey
01-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi,
friend's , can you tell me if all of you experience the on every start the "PHILIPS" badge two times ?
My TV is booting for 6 Seconds on every start, I want to know if this is normal...
Bye.

Nettle
01-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Yes it's normal.

regards

Nosa
01-08-2011, 10:10 AM
The firmware Q5551_0.140.25.0 should solve:
TV will not go into standby after 10 minutes when the TV does not receive any signal.

My TV(32PFL7605H) will not go into standby after 10 minutes when the TV does not receive any signal from HDMI port. Have I misunderstood the text or is the problem not solved yet?

0C3
03-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Unfortunately videofiles larger than 4 GB still don't play. Since v0.140.23.0 the aspect ratio of videofiles are correct (before that onlyvertically streched images for 2.35:1 videofiles) but files bigger than 4 GB don't work anymore. Before firmware v0.140.23.0 files bigger than 4 GB played without problems. Please fix this.

Sorry to bump this old thread but the problem above still exists, unfortunately. Tested on my 37PFL7605 and my 42PFL7655. Please fix this because it greatly reduces the use of the build-in mediaplayer.

Toengel
03-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Hi,

do you have the newest firmware installed?

Toengel@Alex

0C3
03-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Yes, no change (it seems) in the build-in mediaplayer since v0.140.23.0. In older versions the bigger files worked fine but with wrong aspect-ratio.

marceld80
07-30-2011, 09:11 AM
same problem for me... any video larger than 45 minutes gets a audio lag 90% of the time. Shorter lenght video get an audio lag about 20% of the time.
I'm having this issue for almost a year now... when will this be fixed??
My tv's main purpose is watching video files from my pc. So for me this is a showstopper.