PDA

View Full Version : The new Standby-Software in version 132.5.1

Stratos
08-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Hey

I read that new firmware has new standby system..
Therefore could you tell me, how works the automatic "switch off timer" . The function that puts TV automatically in standby mode (if there is no user input during this time). I am about to buy 42PFL6007 and I would like to know, if its possible to adjust the time after which TV will turn off ). If you can set it, please let me know the whats possibilities, and if TV remembers the settings, or you have to set it every-time like in case of sleep timer.

I will appreciate your feedback..

Thanks,
S

Philips - Benedickte
09-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Hey

I read that new firmware has new standby system..
Therefore could you tell me, how works the automatic "switch off timer" . The function that puts TV automatically in standby mode (if there is no user input during this time). I am about to buy 42PFL6007 and I would like to know, if its possible to adjust the time after which TV will turn off ). If you can set it, please let me know the whats possibilities, and if TV remembers the settings, or you have to set it every-time like in case of sleep timer.

I will appreciate your feedback..

Thanks,
S

Hi Stratos.

the automatic switch off timer works like this :
If you do not press a key on the remote control during a 4 hour period, or if the TV receives no input signal and receives no remote control commands for 10 minutes, the TV switches off automatically to save energy.

So if you're using a set-top box or not using the remote controll it's recommended to turn this function off.

You also got a sleep timer, that you can adjust, 0-180 minutes.

Best regards,
Benedickte