PDA

View Full Version : Trying to fix my Philips 47PFL7432D137 TV; Won't turn on

Steve M
09-01-2012, 02:18 AM
I've done a lot of google research in attempt to fix my TV, hoping for new insight...

Problem: When the power button is pressed, on TV or via remote, the TV clicks like it wants to turn on, but remains black with no sound. Left 'on' it will quietly hum and do what sounds like a relay click every 28.8 seconds exactly.

Attempted Solutions: I've done the unplug, wait 5min, 10min, 30min, 24hr and attempt to turn back on, did not work.

I saw many people had capacitor issues (bulged or leaking) on the Power Supply Board(PSB). I opened up my TV and did not see any bulged or leaking capacitors.

Thinking it was a PSB problem, I ordered a refurbished one from partstore.com. I installed this new PSB and turned on the TV with great expectations, only to find it doing the exact same thing. No picture, no sound.

I'm really trying to fix this TV, if you know what part it may be, or have a suspicion of what my be going on, please let me know.

Thanks,

SM

Philips - Benedickte
09-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I've done a lot of google research in attempt to fix my TV, hoping for new insight...

Problem: When the power button is pressed, on TV or via remote, the TV clicks like it wants to turn on, but remains black with no sound. Left 'on' it will quietly hum and do what sounds like a relay click every 28.8 seconds exactly.

Attempted Solutions: I've done the unplug, wait 5min, 10min, 30min, 24hr and attempt to turn back on, did not work.

I saw many people had capacitor issues (bulged or leaking) on the Power Supply Board(PSB). I opened up my TV and did not see any bulged or leaking capacitors.

Thinking it was a PSB problem, I ordered a refurbished one from partstore.com. I installed this new PSB and turned on the TV with great expectations, only to find it doing the exact same thing. No picture, no sound.

I'm really trying to fix this TV, if you know what part it may be, or have a suspicion of what my be going on, please let me know.

Thanks,

SM

Hi Steve M.

We would recommend you take your TV to an authorized Philips servicer to determine the failure. It can be very difficult to diagnose failures without having the TV in front of a trained repair person. Additionally, we do not recommend self-servicing as it can create a potential safety hazard. Please feel free to call us at 1-866-310-0787 for the nearest authorized service center.

Best regards,
Benedickte