PDA

View Full Version : TV goes on/off spontaneously

Ronnie1964
09-03-2012, 01:39 AM
A month ago i bought a 32PFL3507H12 together with a smartcard and a PTA01, so far so good. On one night, i left the PTA01 and the smartcard into the TV unit and left the tv itself on Standby and went to bed. After an hour or two i woke up and heard noises coming from the living so i went there and i saw the tv up and running. I did put it out by remote and went to bed. So far so good. It didn't go on again. The other day when i did put the TV on, after an hour or two it went to standby suddenly. Once again i used the remote, but this time to put it on...it stayed on. But when went to bed i did pulled out the plug, just incase it suddenly goes on again. I now have it just a month and it did went off spontaneously a few times, i wonder what causes it....is it the PTA01 or something else, automatically update or some other setting?

My best regards.

Philips - Benedickte
09-03-2012, 01:55 PM
A month ago i bought a 32PFL3507H12 together with a smartcard and a PTA01, so far so good. On one night, i left the PTA01 and the smartcard into the TV unit and left the tv itself on Standby and went to bed. After an hour or two i woke up and heard noises coming from the living so i went there and i saw the tv up and running. I did put it out by remote and went to bed. So far so good. It didn't go on again. The other day when i did put the TV on, after an hour or two it went to standby suddenly. Once again i used the remote, but this time to put it on...it stayed on. But when went to bed i did pulled out the plug, just incase it suddenly goes on again. I now have it just a month and it did went off spontaneously a few times, i wonder what causes it....is it the PTA01 or something else, automatically update or some other setting?

My best regards.

Hi Ronnie.

Welcome to this forum.

I would advise you to go to the support page and download the software update, then put on a USB stick and update TV that way (please see instructions with the software update).

Could you please try to unplug the PTA01 and see if this still happens, if so please unplug the smartcard.

Please report back the result after doing this.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Ronnie1964
09-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Ty, i have update the TV system. I will let you know what the result will be after a few days.

marcelsluiter
09-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Beste Ronnie1964
mijn 32PFL6606H/12 TV schakelt zichzelf ook regelmatig uit, hij doet dat al vanaf het allereerste begin. Het scherm gaat op zwart, geluid gaat uit, en moeten we hem weer aanzetten en dan duurt het even voor ie het weer doet. Hij gaat nooit vanzelf weer aan, trouwens.
Recentelijk gebruiken we de TV meer voor games en dan is dit automatisch uitgaan niet zo fijn.
Hij heeft nu net de laatste software update (van 14 Juli 2012) gehad, maar ik verwacht niet dat dit het euvel verhelpt gezien de voorgeschiedenis. Iemand suggesties?

Philips - Benedickte
09-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Beste Ronnie1964
mijn 32PFL6606H/12 TV schakelt zichzelf ook regelmatig uit, hij doet dat al vanaf het allereerste begin. Het scherm gaat op zwart, geluid gaat uit, en moeten we hem weer aanzetten en dan duurt het even voor ie het weer doet. Hij gaat nooit vanzelf weer aan, trouwens.
Recentelijk gebruiken we de TV meer voor games en dan is dit automatisch uitgaan niet zo fijn.
Hij heeft nu net de laatste software update (van 14 Juli 2012) gehad, maar ik verwacht niet dat dit het euvel verhelpt gezien de voorgeschiedenis. Iemand suggesties?

Hi Marcelsluiter.

This is an English forum so please post in English.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Benedickte

Philips - Benedickte
09-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Ty, i have update the TV system. I will let you know what the result will be after a few days.

Hi Ronnie.

Could you please confirm to me if you have "automatic switch off" and "sleep timer" on or off?
Also Do you have an EPG timer on?

Best regards,
Benedickte

Ronnie1964
09-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi Ronnie.

Could you please confirm to me if you have "automatic switch off" and "sleep timer" on or off?
Also Do you have an EPG timer on?

Best regards,
Benedickte

We are now a few days later and it seems to be dat an update has fixed the problem. The TV doesn't go off spontaneously anymore, i have never used sleeptimer or EPG timer, so that is still off. Dunno what the update has done but it seems to be fixed. As an experiment i have left the TV on from the afternoon till midnight...all is working fine. Ty for helping me.