PDA

View Full Version : Auto off on sound bar

djsashaz
09-04-2012, 12:58 AM
I have a Phillips Sound bar with woofer, model number CSS2123B/F7

I have it connected via optical cable to my source. After a hour (I think less) it turns off.

Is there some way to disable this stupid option???

http://www.philips.ca/c/home-theater-systems/css2123_f7/prd/en/

tkavan
09-18-2012, 12:53 AM
I have a Phillips Sound bar with woofer, model number CSS2123B/F7 I have it connected via optical cable to my source. After a hour (I think less) it turns off. Is there some way to disable this stupid option???

This may not be of much help to you, but I have the same soundbar, connected by an optical cable to a Samsung HDTV. It doesn't turn off until I turn it off, either with its own remote or by turning off the TV.
Tom K.

djsashaz
09-18-2012, 01:20 AM
This may not be of much help to you, but I have the same soundbar, connected by an optical cable to a Samsung HDTV. It doesn't turn off until I turn it off, either with its own remote or by turning off the TV.
Tom K.

Well I'm using it as a computer speaker, and the computer is always on. So I dont know why it would turn off.

There has to be a way to disable the auto off function.....

tkavan
09-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Well I'm using it as a computer speaker, and the computer is always on. So I dont know why it would turn off.
There has to be a way to disable the auto off function.....

I find the same thing with my computer, with external speakers attached. I've assumed, but haven't tried to find out, that the music stream is stopped after a certain time by either my ISP (Bell) or the source of the music (usually CBC).

secci
11-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Soundbar CSS2123/12

Also turns off when connected to a source always on (decoder)

Once switched on, you need to reset the volume!

How to please thanks

secci
12-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Soundbar CSS2123/12
Also turns off when connected to a source always on (decoder)
Once switched on, you need to reset the volume!
How to please thanks

disappointed, no answer by the official forums

lucas1970
12-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Would be better to start a new thread instead and give more info..