PDA

View Full Version : YouTube not working on 42PFL6007/T12

swe_user
09-05-2012, 06:00 AM
Hi!
TV: 42PFL6007/T12

The general YouTube app menu works, but once I select a video it only buffers some 10s and then (despite the play button being active (i.e. the pause button is visible on the on-screen-control)) nothing happens - simply a black screen.

Have reinstalled youtube app, updated the app, restarted TV and restarted internet. Still doesnt work.

What is wrong? How can I fix this?

Toengel
09-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Hi,

which firmware is installed on your TV (latest is 133.5).

Toengel@Alex

swe_user
09-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Hi and thank you for your fast reply!
Forgot to mention that I updated the TVs firmware:
Firmware: QF1EU-0.133.4.0

When I try updating it says that there is no new update for my TV.

Kind regards

swe_user
09-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Hi again!
Now the Youtube app spontaneously started working - both audio and video. However, during the same session it has stopped working (with remaining functioning internet connection). Now it buffers ca 20seconds, plays audio for around 5s, but no video plays.

Would be grateful for any advice!

hansje
09-07-2012, 07:01 PM
hello,
you make probably use of wireless connection.

can you try the same thing with wired connection?
if this runs fine then your wireless connection is the problem.
you could try then to change the wireless channel of your router (G or N?)

swe_user
09-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Hi
No, I am entirely certain that I am using the wired connection (changed the wireless pw etc).

Its hard to determine causality when these things occur, but after emptying the internet cache the app started to work. That could be coincidental, or it could be the solution.

Irrespectively right now its working. All in all it the youtube tv app, albeit the most useful smarttv app to date in sweden, seems to be rather unstable....

camilofernandez
11-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Hello, I have the same issue. Wired connection, but I can't get online videos from youtube.
1) Very low download speed (no problem in Laptop or iPad, same network)
2) Very short cache time

Any help?