PDA

View Full Version : Will my 32PFL7606H/12 work ok in Peru?

acoflores
09-05-2012, 02:30 PM
I'll be moving to Peru and I'd like to take my TV set to that country. The operating system is different to the European one and the colour system is NTSC, also different to PAL and SECAM. Will my TV fully work in Peru?

Philips - Benedickte
09-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I'll be moving to Peru and I'd like to take my TV set to that country. The operating system is different to the European one and the colour system is NTSC, also different to PAL and SECAM. Will my TV fully work in Peru?

Hi Acoflores.

Welcome to these forums.

I can inform you that your TV will work in Peru. The only thing that will not work is the internal tuner, so you will need a set-top box to get TV channels.This is due to the different system used (NTSC and ISDB).

Best luck with the moving :)

Regards,
Benedickte

acoflores
09-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Thank you very much Benedickte, Since I am presently in Peru, could you tell me what would this set top box be called in spanish? Perhaps "sintonizador de canales TV" or "descodificador"? (These spanish words stand for: TV tuner and descrambler). Thank you in advance.

l00pu5
09-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Thank you very much Benedickte, Since I am presently in Peru, could you tell me what would this set top box be called in spanish? Perhaps "sintonizador de canales TV" or "descodificador"? (These spanish words stand for: TV tuner and descrambler). Thank you in advance.

Seriously: do you expect the Philips guys to be a tech support or interpreters? :cool: