PDA

View Full Version : Philips 47PFL6007T Pixel response time ?

michaelcleo
09-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Hi,
I'm thinking of getting a Philips 47PFL6007T but i can't find any info on the pixel response times.

For reference it was 2ms for a 32pfl7607,the 2ms was proudly boasted allso so i'm alittle woried with the new sets not showing pixel response times.

Be very greatfull of some solid info please

Philips - Benedickte
09-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi,
I'm thinking of getting a Philips 47PFL6007T but i can't find any info on the pixel response times.

For reference it was 2ms for a 32pfl7607,the 2ms was proudly boasted allso so i'm alittle woried with the new sets not showing pixel response times.

Be very greatfull of some solid info please

Hi Michaelcleo.

The response time on a 6007 is 0.5 ms.

Best regards,
Benedickte.

michaelcleo
09-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi Michaelcleo.

The response time on a 6007 is 0.5 ms.

Best regards,
Benedickte.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

That is some impressive pixel response time, the lg760t i have now is around 13ms and that shows alot of blur or doubling of images on not very fast pans.

Looks like this will be my gaming 3dtv in a few weeks as everybody else has terrible pixel response times for there passive sets.

But just tobe sure Benedickte,are you are talking about pixel response time or input lag?

Sorry to double check but it has tobe done when spending lots of money.
Thankyou

Philips - Benedickte
09-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

That is some impressive pixel response time, the lg760t i have now is around 13ms and that shows alot of blur or doubling of images on not very fast pans.

Looks like this will be my gaming 3dtv in a few weeks as everybody else has terrible pixel response times for there passive sets.

But just tobe sure Benedickte,are you are talking about pixel response time or input lag?

Sorry to double check but it has tobe done when spending lots of money.
Thankyou

Hi Michaelcleo.

I can understand you are concerned as you are spending money on it.
The responstime 0.5ms BEW (Blur edge width). BEW means the procedure being used to determine the response time.

Our Tv's also have game mode that makes the gaming experience better.

If there is anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Benedickte

michaelcleo
09-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Thankyou again.
Would you know if BEW was used with a pfl7606 which was 2ms.

If so then that would mean that 0.5 would be out of this world tome :)

Manuel
09-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Do not believe in that number it's pure marketing, Philips uses panel LCD from LGD, Sharp or Samsung, so more or less same speed, every brand have they one mode too measure that speed, Gray to gray (more or less gray...), black to black, black to white, etc, real time in this days? maybe 5 or 6 ms, I think.......

Thankyou again.
Would you know if BEW was used with a pfl7606 which was 2ms.

If so then that would mean that 0.5 would be out of this world tome :)

michaelcleo
09-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Do not believe in that number it's pure marketing, Philips uses panel LCD from LGD, Sharp or Samsung, so more or less same speed, every brand have they one mode too measure that speed, Gray to gray (more or less gray...), black to black, black to white, etc, real time in this days? maybe 5 or 6 ms, I think.......

Hi,
Thanks for the warning :)
i'm happy though, lcd's are terrible for response times, theres only a few 3dv's with very good times, all of lg's have sucked since the 47ld950, after a few year of buying many 3dtv's only the phillips pfl7606 matched it, thats out of many tv's aswell ;)

Panels from lg are no big deal, they can be overdriven ect to hve a faster response time, just like overclocking a pc, they can be made to hve better performance thanthe spec allows for.

There was no better gaming passive 3dtv in 2011 than the pfl series, i'm a big 3d interleaved zero lag 3d gamer and cant settle with high response times.

Evn if the 6007 is only slightly faster than the 7606 it will still eat any 2012 passive 3dtv on the market today.

The above info comes froma few years of having around 14 different 3dtv's

Manuel
09-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Response time from a panel LCD is more a question of physics and chemistry than electronic (of course that helps), for games more "electronics" means more time, so you must disable as many digital options as possible.

42pfl7606h LGD panel
http://www.digitalversus.com/tv-television/philips-42pfl7606h-p11502/test.html

40pfl5507 Sharp Panel?
http://www.digitalversus.com/tv-television/philips-40pfl5507-p12906/test.html

Hi,
Thanks for the warning :)
i'm happy though, lcd's are terrible for response times, theres only a few 3dv's with very good times, all of lg's have sucked since the 47ld950, after a few year of buying many 3dtv's only the phillips pfl7606 matched it, thats out of many tv's aswell ;)

Panels from lg are no big deal, they can be overdriven ect to hve a faster response time, just like overclocking a pc, they can be made to hve better performance thanthe spec allows for.

There was no better gaming passive 3dtv in 2011 than the pfl series, i'm a big 3d interleaved zero lag 3d gamer and cant settle with high response times.

Evn if the 6007 is only slightly faster than the 7606 it will still eat any 2012 passive 3dtv on the market today.

The above info comes froma few years of having around 14 different 3dtv's