PDA

View Full Version : Wishes and desires in future software updates

Berteman
09-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Hello all,

I'm curious about the opportunities that will be available in future software. Perhaps someone can tell something about it: what to expect, which is working on or thinking about.

Perhaps it is also useful to ask users wishes and desires. The wishes I have are:

- An easier way to search / sort / delete / rename satellite channels

- Possibility to record on a NAS

- Timer function for auto repeat recording (daily / weekly at the same time)

- certification for Canal Digitaal

- software-suite for PC / Mac

What do you want to see in future sotware?

Regards, Berteman

petasis
09-12-2012, 05:15 AM
The history of Philips with firmware updates is not so good. After two years of firmware updates for 9705, not a single new feature has been added, and even some important bugs remain unfixed (like sound drops - you cannot play any DD material from HDMI without pauses in sound).

Don't have high hopes for future firmware releases for your TV...

Philips - Benedickte
09-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Hello all,

I'm curious about the opportunities that will be available in future software. Perhaps someone can tell something about it: what to expect, which is working on or thinking about.

Perhaps it is also useful to ask users wishes and desires. The wishes I have are:

- An easier way to search / sort / delete / rename satellite channels

- Possibility to record on a NAS

- Timer function for auto repeat recording (daily / weekly at the same time)

- certification for Canal Digitaal

- software-suite for PC / Mac

What do you want to see in future sotware?

Regards, Berteman

Hi Berteman.

Thank you for your inputs and wishes, these are welcome, however we cannot make any promises.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Battousai
09-19-2012, 06:42 PM
What i would like to add is...a enable/disable function for the wireless connection and/or a possibility to erase the current settings. Cause at this moment both are not possible.

adobe181081
09-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi Berteman.

Thank you for your inputs and wishes, these are welcome, however we cannot make any promises.

Best regards,
Benedickte

i wish that next update will make my new smart tv 2012 42PLF4307H/12 browser support flash player to be able to watch online website and the facebook,youtube, browser much better then that.
For me my tv is just a name smart tv that i am not able to use to watch that i like on net witchout connecting pc .
so i hope next update will be through the net not usb and support flash media player .:mad:

Toengel
09-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi,

Adobe stoped the development of Flash for TVs. So - no Flash for TVs (try forum search).

Toengel@Alex

adb1973
10-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi Berteman.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Well...as stated before...

1. timer recording (repeated daily, weekly, monthly) is a BIG thing IMHO.

That should have been in the original firmware already since 1981 VCR's can do that...and it's just a logical thing

2. MAC compatible software

3. subtitles for network streamed movies

4. at least the possibility to get (paid?) firmware updates to add features (if there's no hardware restriction)

When that happens i'm super happy!

Wesley
10-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Can't wait till the software is optimized. It's such a great piece of work, the TV's itself, and the software just kills it. It makes it seem so.. cheap, slow :/. If the TV can't handle fancy sliding effects, or the engineers suck at writing them properly, don't include fancy sliding effects.

Also a must is continuity. If I am at the far right of the menu, and I press right again, I'd like to end up left. And vice-versa.

novcze
10-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Hello Philips,

can you make Headphones volume option accessible in less then 12 steps? It isn't very user friendly, force user to push buttons on remote control 12 times just to set headphones volume.
I have solution, on remote control is button named ADJUST, you can make Headphones volume option accessible under that button, thank you.

aise
10-13-2012, 12:19 PM
*HD/SD motion fix
*to be able to control headphones volume from remote +-, why oh why is there 2 separate volumes
*faster menu, get rid of the graphical mambojambo if the CPU can't handle it or code writers can't handle it
*support of 2 partition HDD, 1 part for media 1 part for recording/timeshift
*to be able to record from internal DVB-C tuner while watching HDMI source

glide
10-14-2012, 05:45 PM
1) more compatibility with media files over usb and dlna
2) dts audio support
3) choice of srt subtitles over dlna and usb
4) choice of multiple audio tracks in mkv files

batchman
12-02-2012, 02:29 PM
hi,
my only wish is for compatibility of 221te4lb/00 with .avi files via USB and not only mp3 and jpg ones.
All the best
Raf

dj.m
12-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Hi All,

i would like

- the Timer function for auto repeat recording (daily / weekly at the same time).
- the support of DTS audio

Best Regards

drunk munky
12-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Deep breath......

1. A working exit button so when TV hangs you can just go back to TV.
2. An easier menu.
3. Working hdnm feature.
4. Dual band WiFi support so you can stream HD without buffering.
5. A test screen for calibration.
6. A true gamma setting 1.8 to 2.4.
7. ITV player.
8. 4 od.
9. Faster menus.
10. 2d mode for 3d.
11. More apps.

per-a
12-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Deep breath......

1. A working exit button so when TV hangs you can just go back to TV.
2. An easier menu.
3. Working hdnm feature.
4. Dual band WiFi support so you can stream HD without buffering.
5. A test screen for calibration.
6. A true gamma setting 1.8 to 2.4.
7. ITV player.
8. 4 od.
9. Faster menus.
10. 2d mode for 3d.
11. More apps.

Specially: 1. A working exit button so when TV hangs you can just go back to TV.
Very much wanted for all stops that make the TV set inoperative .... Yesterday my red led in the front flashed and the only way to make the TV set work again was a restart (mains plug out and in).

In some of the APPs the screen button for exit does not respond ... but the "stay" / no button is OK!

danneostlund
12-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Simpler and more responsive interface. Reduce number of steps to reach settings menu. A faster source menu - skip the effects.

Ability to use time-shift features on HDMI-sources. We have IP-tv through fiber, what some people would call the way of distribution in the future, but our TV cannot handle these signals, hence a set top box is needed and many of the TV:s features are then rendered useless.

My 47PFL6007 is a great hardware, but suffers from a software that should be labeled "beta".

SoWErA
12-13-2012, 09:46 AM
1) Support for subtitles with media files over dlna TOP PRIORITY!
2) choice of srt subtitles over dlna and usb
3) dts audio support
4) choice of multiple audio tracks in mkv files
5) A faster source menu - skip the effects.
6) A test screen for calibration.
7) More apps.

Mike...
12-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Support for the Windows Media Audio 10 codec.

bogaty
12-24-2012, 10:45 PM
1.Improve response time in game mode.
2.Fix motion implementation while HD motion is enable
3.DTS supprot over usb
4.Smart Tv speed.

alain_p
01-02-2013, 10:35 AM
1. Ability to use time-shift features on HDMI-sources. We receive TV through a decoder, only analog TV comes directly through the cable, so as it is the time-shift and record features are useless.
2. Ability to read ripped DVDs from the HDD. The video files are recognized but the DVD navigation features are not. So I have to use an external media player, and I wonder why I paid for an internal one I cant' use.
3. Propose a French speaking VOD site for Belgium (40% of people in Belgium are French speaking). And the French-based sites don't work in Belgium.

DadGommit
01-02-2013, 11:28 AM
I would love to be able to turn on the TV (from stand-by) with the number keys on the remote so that the TV starts up and begins displaying pressed number's TV-channel. (instead of the returning to the source it was on before it was set to stand-by, which very well may be not switched on or even been disconnected, resulting in a black screen or all kinds of messages)
Also in any kind of mode the TV is (HDMI, USB, SmartTV etc...) I would like to be able to return to watch television just by pressing a number-key on the remote control. TV's/remotes have always worked like that, why has this changed?

I think this should be feasible quite easily and I have posted a similar kind of post earlier to which quite a few people responded to telling they would appreciate such functionality as well. I really hope Philips can include it in next firmware upgrade.

regards.

vucko
01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
1. Support for subtitles with media files over DLNA!!!!!!!!
2. Support for the QuickTime codec to be able to play iPhone movies directly from iPhone.
3. Simpler and more responsive interface for SMART TV.

Nikola
01-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Please can we have central-european and cyrillic subtitles character set update for 32pfl4007h/12 in near future? It is so annoying lower models like 32pfl3517 has it this one doesnt :(.Please reply

marcveen
01-06-2013, 09:19 PM
If you watch a TV channel and press the INFO button you get program information. If you then press on the YELLOW button you see a list of the actual programs and the next program to be broadcasted.
I find it annoying that I can scroll through the channels but are unable to select them via a push on the OK button. :confused:
It seems that this is a function only active in the GUIDE menu, but then you don't see the broadcasted program anymore in the background.
It would be nice that if you press the OK button you would go direct to the selected channel.:)

TV used is a 40PFL7007H/12 with the 150.082 firmware.

aise
01-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Volume animation should be smaller, it covers the subtitles.

Nuno_5507
01-07-2013, 11:05 PM
DTS audio support on USB
Faster Smart Tv

marcveen
01-08-2013, 11:34 AM
VPS/PDC option in TV GUIDE.

dj.m
01-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Hi,

could it be possible to enable the recording when the Philips EPG servers are not available.
It seems that when the network is not working for any reason , the scheduled recording is not allowed.

The recording should be EPG independant, with the possibility to enter the start and end time 100% manualy with a daily / weekly repeat option even when the network is not working.

Thanks

acer89
02-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Please add DTS audio support and improve the photo transitions. My 2012 model doesn't even support fading transitions. The Ken Burns pan & zoom slideshow effect would be my ideal addition .

Pan & zoom slideshow example can be found here:

http://slideshowpro.net/examples/

On hardware the remote needs to improve on future models to include illumination. Nothing worse than fiddling around in the dark trying to use the current remote. The remote on my 2008 sony was far better than the 2012 philips. And for goodness sake please supply a printed UK user manual!

Aurex
03-19-2013, 11:01 AM
I agree with most of the complaints before my post , and I want to shout out loud my frustrations and wishes for a Philips tv set in A.D. 2013 :

- faster menus !

- Simpler menus!

- faster surfing through channels (on DVB-T/C/S and even analog).

- faster response on user actions

- useable Smart TV . now is mostly not working ( server down , please retry , please reset, black screen , etc......)

- display characteristics of the received signal when changing the channel or "on demand" ( like "status") : 576, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, etc. Most of the recent TV brands or even NoName's offers that.

- this hardware is mostly OK , but in order to be used properly , it needs a good/decent Software . We all need a final and useable firmware for these TV's.
All we got until now is BETA !!! BETA Software !!
It's not normal at all to unplug mains/reset several times a week in order to use the TV in 2013.
.....unfortunately , we paid REAL MONEY for the TV's , not virtual or beta money!

zdravkos
03-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Definitely support proper encoding for Cyrillic subtitles. It is NOT acceptable to sell your TV-s (namely model 5507) in my country when Cyrillic subs are not supported. It is a must!

dangauset
03-29-2013, 02:48 AM
1. Faster menus
It takes forever to navigate through the menus due to animations and lagging. Maybe a customizable quick-menu would help.

2. No color enhancements in computer mode
When the TV is set to computer mode it should also disable the color enhancement and the dynamic contrast. This really messes with the colors in my Windows applications, but works beautifully when video is played. When I switch between computer mode and regular mode I would prefer not to have to change all the settings in Pixel Precise HD one by one...it takes a really long time!

3. Pixel Precise HD lag
I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but when I use PPHD there seems to be a consistent lag every second (sometimes every two seconds), like the TV skips a frame. This lag is there no matter which settings I use (Natural motion on or off) and only goes away when I use game or computer mode. When I use game or computer mode the image shifts to the right (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9523-6007-Issue-with-Game-Computer-mode).

AvDuijvenboden
06-23-2013, 03:38 PM
For my 32PFL3517 TV I hope there will be:
- quick and stable firmware. Now I have the latest _v2.15, but still very slow. sometimes the TV is so slow that you even hardly can use teletext, menus are sometimes so slow in response that I rarely use the options :(
- more apps! I bought this TV as a NET TV, but I whish I did better homework, besides a (very slow Youtube) you can do nothing with internet. Quiet a disappointment for me!

Greetings, Alexander

lmvozzi
06-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Let the user to choose subtitles size or at leasst higher SRT Subtitles size!

AlexBelgium
06-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Let the user to choose subtitles size or at leasst higher SRT Subtitles size!

I agree. The SRT subtitles are way too small.

Other suggestions:
Better support for MKV (e.g. the subtitles inside a MKV and chapter support)
3D subtitle support when watching a movie on a USB hard disc (for a greater 3D experience)
Better subtitle support (some subtitles support italics and/or suggest a font size)
Always enable subtitles when watching a movie on a usb hard disc. (Enabling manually is annoying + the deaf will be happy)
Automatic detection of character encoding of subtitles (e.g western europe or UTF-8)
Better fast forward speed on a USB hard disc. 32X speed is way too slow.
Automatically use a dimming mode & energy saving mode when watching teletext (it's way too bright)
DTS support

bea55
06-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Hello
Where can i find the apps of movieworld?

marcveen
08-07-2013, 03:23 PM
I don't know if this can be fixed via a software update.
Ziggo is introducing the Interactive CI+ cam module, can this work on the pfl7007/h series?