PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v133.5 for 6xx7, 7xx7 and 8xx7 series (2012 models)

Philips - Benedickte
08-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Hi all,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Remarks
- Due to the global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronising of new SW releases (and their release notes). Please, have a little patience if you cannot immediately see the new files on the support web pages and try 1 or 2 days later.
- IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start": after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 2 minutes (till all components are shut down), unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.
- WARNING: Never downgrade from 133.x.x. back to 108.8.x! Version 132.5.1 contains a new Standby-Software which is not compatible with the firmware 108.8 (108.8 does not contain the old Standby-Software). If you downgrade, your TV won't start anymore and you need a service intervention!

Release Notes:

• Solution for analog services not available in channel grid.

! Note:Once the software upgrade is complete, you need to disconnect the power cable from the
power outlet. Wait one minute then reconnect it. After that you can start your TV in the usual way.

Best regards,
Benedickte

victorm
09-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks for advice, I know that. With native stand it will be more then 7cm, but I like slim wall mount of 3cm.

Just updated to 133.005, there is still no options to change language track in mkv container via DLNA... bad news...

Ladman
09-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Just updated to 133.005

-Startup screen right bottom corner - white lines are back that already seemed fixed in the last update
-actually managed to crash the TV while browsing the setup menu - audio
-my hdmi arc setup to the av receiver doesnt work anymore - had to switch to optical
-when turning off the TV after update - pulling power plug - TV turned back on afterwards but the picture was in slow motion. had to turn it off and back on again

majorusa
09-04-2012, 11:10 AM
FW 133.5

New bugs:
- using DLNA the FF or REW function does not work. The TV shows 2x but the picture plays normally. The only way to revert to the play function is to press pause then play again.
- having more than Timeshift HDD connected to the TV USB ports - i.e. - you watched a movie from the other HDD and you left the HDD attached - will crash the start-up sequence. So if you turn on the TV now it will show the correct channel but will not respond to any RC functions and will restart in a loop.

This is not a bug but picture looks even softer than before.

Existing bugs unsolved:
- language selection in mkv on USB HDD or DLNA not possible
- flicker in fine textures in 3D with HDNM activated.

I did not test the LPCM bug but I would be grateful if someone with Extreamer will post if the sound works or not.

And maybe someone from Philps will care to inform us what does the FW cure.

majorusa
09-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Thank you Benedikte.

I do not like this update. It destroyed the player and the Tv has more lag than before. I will revert to the previous one since this affects an area I am not interested in.

pizzacats
09-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi,
it was not there with former FW when I got the TV set (46pfl8007k) but now with 133.3 up to 133.5 I have same issue that all people had with 2011 model serie 9.
If PNM is OFF at switch off, when I switch ON the TV it's enable whereas it's still disable in configuration menu. To really put it OFF I need to enable it and disable it. It seems to be present only when watching TNT Programs.
Philips, please solve this issue you may know for many months now.

Ladman
09-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Would it be possible to add a skip Input button? Something like show and hide input. e.g. hdmi 4 and 5. It would be quite helpful to not have to go through every Input if you only have 2 in use. Just a question. Not a bug for a change

majorusa
09-07-2012, 08:59 AM
I am quoting from 42PFL6007 presentation:

"Everyone perceives 3D differently. This is why Philips offers you the possibility to customise the 3D depth level to your personal liking. The unique 3D depth adjustment allows you to choose the image depth that best suits the content on-screen and your personal preference. This also makes it more comfortable for your eyes. Now you can fully enjoy the 3D experience."

What do you understand by this because on my TV set I have only two 3D options: normal and more. This is deceiving of your customer. Where is the possibility to decrease the 3D effect? Even in the online manual the option less is mentioned. Where is this option in my TV other than 2D-3D conversion? Where are the in between options?

Therefore, please add what you advertised: the possibility to customize the 3D depth for the the viewer personal liking!

_Stephan
09-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Issues since or not resolved with the last FW update (PFL6007)

- Every time I switch on my LG HX751 BluRay player it asks me to name the thing. Kinda annoying.
- White bars in the bottom of the screen when watching cable television (rarely, but when it starts it goes goes flickering on/off every few mins for about half an hour)
- Can't find the SBS/Veronica/Net5 App in the galary.

juv
09-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Just upgraded to 133.5 and sorry to say it is really bad. changing channels is slow (slower than before). Also in 10 minutes time I had to unplug the power 5 times.
The 55pfl8007 is for me a dissapointment, as much as I like the screen, the buggy software with all its issues are a consideration to send it back for another brand.

Ladman
09-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I feel that every single one of us is quite angry that our TV's, that we spend a fair amount of money on, are still not working the way we want them to work. However it seems fairly counterproductive to blame Philips all the time. I bet Philips employees are working hard to fix all the issues we have with their products. Let's just give them a bit more time and I bet we'll be happy with what they come up with in the end. Patience my friends. ps. Of course I'm frustrated myself :)

EDIT:

It's actually quite fascinating how faulty this software really is. Just had to pull the power plug 3 times because the TV crashed hard 3 times in a row when trying to open a video file. Oh and when it turned back on and I went back to network to try again -> the entire tv froze. then it turned back on and it didnt let me do anything in the network menu. Oh and then my inputs came back in Japanese or Chinese symbols. that's new. :) I gotta say it's pretty weird not knowing how your TV is gonna react the next time you turn it on.

EDIT2:

After another restart on another input I had a long list of chinese symbols in the upper left part of the screen. Also all the inputs were reshuffeld, renamed, some chinese some not. After restart 5 and a wait of 10mins before I tried doing anything the TV eventually let me play the file. everything is still reshuffled and chinese renamed tho..good thing I'm patient

Ladman
09-10-2012, 12:34 AM
when watching sports - in my case American football - the scores that are shown in the upper left corner, as well as the station's logo in the upper right corner are almost unreadable when the camera starts moving. Artifacts & pixelation all over the place

Toengel
09-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Hi,

@Ladman
how is your reception strength and quality at these channels?

In general, it's really hard for the image algorithms to cope with logos, cause they are very fine and static and some pixels around are changing fast.

Toengel@Alex

Ladman
09-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Hi Toengel,

The reception is pretty good.
Strength:92%
Quality:100%
HD Signal

Although I use an external satellite receiver. Could that be the reason?
I knew this could happen from my old TV. However it seems to be much more prominent on this one.

majorusa
09-10-2012, 09:40 AM
I have the same issue described by Ladman. It is present in HD and SD. It is not broadcast related since I have it on ESPN America and Eurosport HD in different events. It is HDNM independent. Basically the TV garbles the bottom few pixel rows in the score and logo. In my case is more visible in the in the score. It is located in all the corners of the TV since in US Open was in the lower left corner and in American Football wtas in the top left and right corners.

Another interesting fact is that HDNM has issues processing the same areas. In my opinion the two behaviors are related.

I am using the TV tuner DVB-C and CI + so the issue is not source related.

mrb1972
09-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I have the same issue described by Ladman. It is present in HD and SD. It is not broadcast related since I have it on ESPN America and Eurosport HD in different events. It is HDNM independent. Basically the TV garbles the bottom few pixel rows in the score and logo. In my case is more visible in the in the score. It is located in all the corners of the TV since in US Open was in the lower left corner and in American Football wtas in the top left and right corners.

Another interesting fact is that HDNM has issues processing the same areas. In my opinion the two behaviors are related.

I am using the TV tuner DVB-C and CI + so the issue is not source related.

Do you get the same issue for example playing a game on xbox or ps3? (if you have these) - I wonder if the game scores in the corner of the screen show the same issue

Ladman
09-10-2012, 11:40 AM
the games (in game mode) seem not to be affected...it seems as though as long it is only one layer, as in video games, everything is fine.

@majorusa...thx for letting me know it's not an issue on my TV only and for clearing up that the source isn't the problem. Lets see if there is a solution to our problem

EBierhof
09-10-2012, 03:14 PM
the games (in game mode) seem not to be affected...it seems as though as long it is only one layer, as in video games, everything is fine.

@majorusa...thx for letting me know it's not an issue on my TV only and for clearing up that the source isn't the problem. Lets see if there is a solution to our problem

If you turn off "perfect natural motion", that should get rid of the artifacts. This feature has always generated artifacts of some sort on earlier tv's too. Natural motion is always disabled when game mode is selected.

majorusa
09-10-2012, 04:35 PM

I want to show you what I was talking about in my previous post. The American football pictures are SD and it shows how the writing below the score gets garbled. As per macro blocking, just look at the pictures.The next pictures are from an HD broadcast of US Open and I posted two games to see that is not a broadcast issue. The text has errors above the red line. I hope it is clearer now.

Ladman
09-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I also made a short video yesterday of the pixelation issue both @majorusa and I described.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zfQUN6ANgM&feature=youtu.be

majorusa
09-10-2012, 05:38 PM
It is the same issue but your pictures are in HD. In SD is really bad.

EBierhof
09-10-2012, 07:24 PM
My guess is that when you disable Perfect Natural Motion, the artifacts will be gone. That's why you don't see it in game mode; PNM is disabled when game or computer mode are active.

majorusa
09-10-2012, 07:27 PM
My guess is that when you disable Perfect Natural Motion, the artifacts will be gone. That's why you don't see it in game mode; PNM is disabled when game or computer mode are active.

Nope. They are not gone. I did disable all enhancements.

EBierhof
09-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Are your HD stations 720p or 1080i ?

majorusa
09-10-2012, 07:58 PM
1080i I guess. The TV refuses to give this info. :)

Ladman
09-10-2012, 08:33 PM
-PNM is disabled. So are all the other Picture enhancements. Even enabled them one at a time. no improvement.
-The HD Channels that I tested this on send in 1080i
-These artifacts weren't there in my old TV but I hope it'll be fixed

juv
09-13-2012, 03:35 PM
When pressing the fast backward button on the remote the TV does not always respond (you for instance have to press play button or fast foward button and then the back button), or it even crashes
55pfl8007 with ci module and harddisk and 133.5

Papafox
09-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi
I have a 46PFL8007 rather, it is now No. 2 TV when the first TV was 90% defective, :(now I wait for 8 days at Philips service as the motherboard must be replaced, but it is not currently. in stock so no one knows when it can be replaced.:mad:

I have the most errors that are listed in the SW fault list,:eek: but I have just a few questions that Philips can not give answers to, via their chat and phone service.
Can Philips Benedickte or one of the blog writers give me an answer to the following. Do you see the channel's logo at the top of the screen when changing channel, and by choice via List button. As you see channel logos in EPG here are the logos ok

I only have a picture of a TV on top when changing channel.

Philips DK says that it can be turned on or off in the menu, this option is not in my meny, under the general settings.

Are there others who have bad picture in shadows, shadow vessels become curry yellow / red, definitely not the right color in the shadows, shadows will be closed for details and correct color. In good broadcast from the studio with lots of light, the error is not particularly strong.

Regards Per

See attached pictures.

thepauk
09-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Copy/ Paste from last thread!!

I have the 42PFL6877H/12 with a HDD WD 500gb attached.
First of all, I like it very much!

I registered, because I found some bugs and can confirm some bugs already mentioned.
I translate the messages from the tv from dutch, so it maybe a little different in english .

1. After watching one channel for a longer time and you try to rewind....result crash and restart.
2. Keep getting "found new device" when i start the tv (usually when i turn on the tv and not do anything for a minute or so)
3. I connected my xtreamer with HDMI and I don't get any sound through the boxes of the television. Xtreamer is set to 2 channel audio. Tested different audio formats.
4. If the tv and my xtreamer are both on and i turn my xtreamer off and on again, i get a video signal for a couple of seconds and then the tv goes black with the message "not supported video format" and then i get a video signal again. (just a little weird!)
5. When in standby you can activate the loungelight! But according to the helpfile you should be able too change the colour by pressing ambilight. However pressing ambilight just turns it off again.
6. Every time i start my Xtreamer i get a message that my HDMI cable is not working properly and that i should try a cable smaller then 5 meters. (It's a new cable 1,5 meters and it works fine) Can't test another cable, because i haven't one .
7. In smart tv I can't find SBS6, NET5, Veronica gemist (Dutch channels). Are they not available for the 2012 models yet?

Hope this helps. If you need more information, just let me know!!
Keep up the good work by improving the firmware.

Thanks,

Bas

majorusa
09-13-2012, 07:20 PM

1. After watching one channel for a longer time and you try to rewind....result crash and restart.
2. Keep getting "found new device" when i start the tv (usually when i turn on the tv and not do anything for a minute or so)
3. I connected my xtreamer with HDMI and I don't get any sound through the boxes of the television. Xtreamer is set to 2 channel audio. Tested different audio formats.
4. If the tv and my xtreamer are both on and i turn my xtreamer off and on again, i get a video signal for a couple of seconds and then the tv goes black with the message "not supported video format" and then i get a video signal again. (just a little weird!)
5. When in standby you can activate the loungelight! But according to the helpfile you should be able too change the colour by pressing ambilight. However pressing ambilight just turns it off again.
6. Every time i start my Xtreamer i get a message that my HDMI cable is not working properly and that i should try a cable smaller then 5 meters. (It's a new cable 1,5 meters and it works fine) Can't test another cable, because i haven't one .
7. In smart tv I can't find SBS6, NET5, Veronica gemist (Dutch channels). Are they not available for the 2012 models yet?

Thanks,

Bas

I own a 6007K model. I will try to answer to some of the things you raised:
1. I have the same behavior
2. Now and then. But I managed to replicate this behavior by turning off the tv set while on HDMI. At turn on I receive the "found new device" thing.
3. This is the LPCM bug and is related to all mediaplayers having the LPCM downmix output.
4. I have the same thing with the player egreat R6S but I think is mediaplayer related and not TV
5. Same here.
6. Never got this
7. The channels you mentioned are available. You should go to App Gallery, press the green button, select country Netherlands - if it is not already selected - and install the apps for the three channels you mentioned.

I hope this helps.

majorusa
09-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi

I only have a picture of a TV on top when changing channel.

Philips DK says that it can be turned on or off in the menu, this option is not in my meny, under the general settings.

Go in TV Settings, General settings, Channel logos and turn it to ON. Cheers!

majorusa
09-14-2012, 11:35 AM
I have a question to the posters in this thread: who else experience judder at the edges of the screen or similar behavior like the one described here:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7088-47pfl6877t/page5

Thank you.

thepauk
09-14-2012, 02:03 PM
majorusa,

thanks for responding to my findings on page 2 of this topic.
And you're right about number 7. They weren't there two weeks ago, but i found them now!!

Thanks!

juv
09-14-2012, 06:10 PM

I have the 42PFL6877H/12 with a HDD WD 500gb attached.
First of all, I like it very much!

I registered, because I found some bugs and can confirm some bugs already mentioned.
I translate the messages from the tv from dutch, so it maybe a little different in english .

Thanks,

Bas
55PFL8007
Number 1 : Same issue (I also posted this).
Number 2: Same issue
Number 7: I have the app for SBS/Net 5 etc. it was now availlable in the app store

majorusa
09-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Finally, Philips admitted that the LPCM bug is real and it will be fixed. We do not have a date yet but it points that the development team started to act on our feed-back. It is a step in the right direction. Thank you!

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7440-no-sound-from-xtreamer-prodigy-connected-with-hdmi&p=40918#post40918

jgiraltr
09-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Although this software looks a little buggy, is still recommended to do the upgrade, or better wait for a new version?

Thanks in advance

Papafox
09-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Go in TV Settings, General settings, Channel logos and turn it to ON. Cheers!

Hi
Thanks for your reply, but that point "channel logo" is not in my menu, "TV Settings, General settings, Channel logos". I have therefore no option to turn logo on / off.

Therefore, I have tried to get answers by Philips DK and now here at Philips Support. But it suggests that Phillips Support on this page do not want to help with answers to their customers ..

There are so many bugs on this TV and we hope every time there's new software update that now the problems are done, but no.

I have been waiting 12 days to get Philips spare parts so that their techniques can make an attempt at repair. Now I will give Philips 5 days to get my 8007 to work, I want nothing more to spend more time turning off and on at the wall spend more time on it than watching TV.
only 5 days so it's goodbye to Philips so go the No. 2 Philips 8007 return forever.

Per

Ladman
09-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Hi
Thanks for your reply, but that point "channel logo" is not in my menu, "TV Settings, General settings, Channel logos". I have therefore no option to turn logo on / off.
Per

Did you scroll down all the way in the General Settings Menu??

-Menu language
-Cock
-Sleep Timer
-Quick Start
-Easy Link
-Remote Control Keyboard
-USB Mouse and keyboard
-HbbTV
-Switch Off Timer
-Universal Access
-Key Beep
-TV Guide
-CHANNEL LOGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Factory Settings
-Reinstall TV
-Channel List Copy

BR LAD

Papafox
09-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Did you scroll down all the way in the General Settings Menu??

-Menu language
-Cock
-Sleep Timer
-Quick Start
-Easy Link
-Remote Control Keyboard
-USB Mouse and keyboard
-HbbTV
-Switch Off Timer
-Universal Access
-Key Beep
-TV Guide
-CHANNEL LOGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Factory Settings
-Reinstall TV
-Channel List Copy

BR LAD

Hi LadmanThanks for your reply.
I have tried several times, but the channel logo on / off does not exist in my meny. I have tried several languages ​​German - English and my own language Danish but it is missing in all languages​​.

Does anyone know what is going wrong.???

Here is a picture of the menu, channel logo is not there.
Picture 2 shows that there is a box with a television and is not a logo.

1439 1440

Regards Per

Ladman
09-16-2012, 03:11 PM
This is really interesting...sorry I couldn't help...curious to see what the solution is...all the best

ps: Don't give up on the TV just yet...at last the picture is awesome!

Papafox
09-16-2012, 03:40 PM
This is really interesting...sorry I couldn't help...curious to see what the solution is...all the best

ps: Don't give up on the TV just yet...at last the picture is awesome!

Hello Ladman
It's amazing how many mysterious problems are with Ph 2012 televisions.
I had a Aurea 9704 but after 2 1/2 years, it could not be repaired, it had worked ok from day 1 to the died and Philips could not make it, 4.7 k € straight out of pocket for 2 years.:mad:

I certainly hope that the new 8007 to 2.4 k € soon going to work perfectly, the problem is that my wife can hardly watch TV because you have to connect and disconnect the plug in the wall and then start up again, it's not smart to watch TV in this way. she sees immediately Philips out of the house.:confused:

Regards Per

Ladman
09-16-2012, 04:05 PM
yeah it's a pity that this fantastic piece of hardware is equipped with a less than ideal firmware...but as I said before...although I'm frustrated myself I'm willing to give Philips the chance to fix it...

BTW here's something failry annoying...when watching Live soccer...hd signal...everything seems to run smoothly...as soon as the channel switches to replay everything still seems to be fine...as soon as the replay is over, and the live picture is shown again there is 1 to 2 seconds that the picture is really slow...it seems as though the TV cant deal with the switch from replay to live picture...better said...it seems as though the software or the hardware that decodes the picture needs too long to readjust...I hope this explanation makes any sense at all...

all the best

juv
09-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Regulary when using smart tv the setup network screen is presented (like I never have setup my wireless before....:confused: ) So it seems the Philips 55pfl8007is "forgetting" the wifi network! (other connected devices to my router do not have this problem).

For information, the router is a fritzbox 7390

_Stephan
09-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Regulary when using smart tv the setup network screen is presented (like I never have setup my wireless before....:confused: ) So it seems the Philips 55pfl8007is "forgetting" the wifi network! (other connected devices to my router do not have this problem).

I have the same, but only if I immediately go to the SmartTV section after switching on the TV. After about 5 seconds the TV seems to login on the WiFi, so my advise would be to ignore the message a wait for about 10 seconds.

If I've watched TV for a while and then go to the SmartTV section I never get the setup WiFi message.

_Stephan
09-17-2012, 10:59 AM
-PNM is disabled. So are all the other Picture enhancements. Even enabled them one at a time. no improvement.
-The HD Channels that I tested this on send in 1080i
-These artifacts weren't there in my old TV but I hope it'll be fixed

hi Ladman, I've got the exact same experience on my 37PFL6007. There are pixels all over the place when there is a static image (e.g. channel logo, subtitels or the camera following a boat or airplane) against a moving background.

Whether the source is HD or SD or cable television, it is pretty bad. I didn't experience any of these artefacts on my previous 6 year old LCD, so I am dissapointed at that :(

FerdaK
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
My bug list:
1) confirm problem with not seeing a menu item "Channel logos".
2) favorite list of channels - some channels are duplicated (twice ... many times) with the same order (dvb-c tuner), see the picture
4) responsible from tv remote control is too slow, reaction time of software is very lazy

majorusa
09-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Benedikte gave an answer concerning the LPCM bug on this thread:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7440-no-sound-from-xtreamer-prodigy-connected-with-hdmi&p=40895#post40895

I was the first to document this bug and I was losing hope that it will be fixed. But the above statement is a public statement from Philips and is very reassuring for us the customers that the company really cares about what we post here. Thank you Benedikte for passing to the developers our issues.

Here we are all in the same boat. I do not post for bashing Philips but to give you clues about what is not working well. But sometimes I get frustrated by the fact that there is no response to my posts.

The acknowledgement of the LPCM bug is a step forward in the right direction. Now the dev team should brig its A game to fix this.

juv
09-18-2012, 11:23 AM
I have the same, but only if I immediately go to the SmartTV section after switching on the TV. After about 5 seconds the TV seems to login on the WiFi, so my advise would be to ignore the message a wait for about 10 seconds.

If I've watched TV for a while and then go to the SmartTV section I never get the setup WiFi message.

Stephan thanks for the workaround I will give it a try, but I hope you agree it is still a bug!

pizzacats
09-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi,
it was not there with former FW when I got the TV set (46pfl8007k) but now with 133.3 up to 133.5 I have same issue that all people had with 2011 model serie 9.
If PNM is OFF at switch off, when I switch ON the TV it's enable whereas it's still disable in configuration menu. To really put it OFF I need to enable it and disable it. It seems to be present only when watching TNT Programs.

Hi,
any feedback or at least acknowledgement from philips' guy?

Philips - Benedickte
09-19-2012, 01:36 PM

Hi Juv.

How often are you experiencing this? When do you experience this? ( right after turned on TV or doesn't matter how long it's been on?)

Best regards,
Benedickte

majorusa
09-19-2012, 02:02 PM
I encountered the same subtitle garbling in National Geographic HD. Interesting fact is that is only in this channel. The cure is to switch channel and to go back. Here is the picture.

pizzacats
09-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi,

so, nobody from philips is able to give feedback for this?

majorusa
09-20-2012, 10:36 AM
New bugs:
- the TV was recording a programmed film. I did want to watch the movie while was recorded and I activated 2D-3D conversion. The screen turned black, the contrast was reduced to minimum and the ambilight turned off but sound was functioning normal. There was no picture until reverted to 2D. See picture attached. 1450
- at a moment I pressed stop to end the recording. After confirming that I want to stop the recording the TV shut-off by itself.

juv
09-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi Juv.

How often are you experiencing this? When do you experience this? ( right after turned on TV or doesn't matter how long it's been on?)

Best regards,
Benedickte

Hello Benedickte,

I am able to repeat one part of the bug constantly, if you press smart tv just after turning on the tv with the remote up I always get the 1-2-3 screen for connection to the internet. In most of the cases the tv then will connect to the wireless after 5-10 seconds.

However, in some of the cases the tv will ask to setup an internet connection (like it has been never setup before). That last part is not constantly occuring.

I hope this helps.

niki999
09-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Hello Benedickte,

I am able to repeat one part of the bug constantly, if you press smart tv just after turning on the tv with the remote up I always get the 1-2-3 screen for connection to the internet. In most of the cases the tv then will connect to the wireless after 5-10 seconds.

However, in some of the cases the tv will ask to setup an internet connection (like it has been never setup before). That last part is not constantly occuring.

I hope this helps.

Same thing is happening to me and I have 42pdl6907. Often when I start tv and after that I hit smart tv from remote I get set up screens for network...I use the latest firmware.
Also Net TV works pretty chaotic. Sometime it works flawlessly and sometime many application do not work (biggest problem is with you tube search function). I use wired connection.

majorusa
09-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Issues concerning the 2012 series are scattered all over the forum. I will try to add theme here because in my opinion they are firmware related. Also I am creating alist of all the bugs I encountered in this topic or others in order to give clarity to Philips in what they need to solve:

- HDNM judder in 2D and 3D pictures. The topic is posted here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7088-47pfl6877t&p=41395#post41395
-Picture flicker in fine textures in 3D with HDNM on
- LPCM bug - the topic is posted here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7440-no-sound-from-xtreamer-prodigy-connected-with-hdmi&p=40895#post40895
- TV is not able to scale correctly 4:3 format in HDMI.
-User not able to manually chose 4:3 format
- Black picture in 2D-3D conversion while recording
- Missing 3D depth adjustment "less" from 3D modes. It is present only in 2D to3D scaling though the advertisements and user manual mention this feature
- Random detection of new device - the new device bug documented here.
- NET TV stability issues
- TV not able to play back content recorded on TVRHD Romania through DVB-C and CI+.
- Random subtitles garbling in DVB-C National Geographic HD
- Channel logos missing in 8xx7 series
- Duplication of favorite channels
- 8xx7 TV not coming out of stand-by
- When using a HD recorder pressing rewind does not work, you first have to press pause and then rewind works (also when recording).
- TV refuse to boot up when two HDD are connected. It enters a loop and shuts down and powers up by itself until one HDD is disconnected

There might be others. Please feel free to add them.

pizzacats
09-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Majorusa, you can add this one also, if one day philips deign to agree that problem...

Hi,

PeterP
09-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi there, I am still on V133.4 (but that topic is closed), but I have the same issue that has been reported elsewhere in these fora, namely that my 40PFL8007 refuses to come out of standby if on standby for more than a certain amount of time (more than 30 mins) and needs the power cord removed and replugged before it starts up again, very irritating, especially sunday morning when my 6 year old wants to watch TV and his father wants to sleep! :confused: Next to that, it also usually requires me to re-enter my WiFi details.... I find this rather unacceptable behavior for the top of the line Philips TV. I have called customer service, who treat me like an idiot, but will suffer through calling them back tonite as I had no access to the TV when calling. Please take this bug / issue into account for V133.6
Thx
Peter

PeterP
09-24-2012, 11:08 AM
See below, several users, including myself, have issues with the TV not coming out of Stand-By

LJ_Skinny
09-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Issues concerning the 2012 series are scattered all over the forum. I will try to add theme here because in my opinion they are firmware related. Also I am creating alist of all the bugs I encountered in this topic or others in order to give clarity to Philips in what they need to solve:

- HDNM judder in 2D and 3D pictures. The topic is posted here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7088-47pfl6877t&p=41395#post41395
- LPCM bug - the topic is posted here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7440-no-sound-from-xtreamer-prodigy-connected-with-hdmi&p=40895#post40895
- TV not able to play back content recorded on TVRHD Romania through DVB-C and CI+.

Hi,

from the german support forum we started to use a inofficial issue tracker to collect all problems regarding the current firmware of the 2012s models.

Feel free to insert your additional issues there. It would be fine to get an overview of the open bugs in the firmware and philips would support how they will set the category and priority on these issues.

Url:
http://code.google.com/p/philips/issues/list

Best regards

Holger

LJ_Skinny
09-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi,

we started to track our issues from the german support forum in these issue tracker:

http://code.google.com/p/philips/issues/list

Because of so many open issues, there is a way needed to collect and set them to a priority. Currently our tracker is in german, but there would be a way to translate it, or make it multilangual.

Maybe philips would also participate in the tracker an give is more infos as currently done. We like the products, but the support (in germany) is really bad!

Please improve the firmware soon and give us a roadmap what will be done to solve these issues.

Best regards

Holger

Wonder
09-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Hello Benedickte,

I have the same 'standy mode issue' on the 40PFL8007. It refuses to come out of standby. This also happens only after the tv has been in standby for a amount of time as PeterP describes.

The bug started on V133.3. Before that the stanby function worked fine. I contacted philips netherlands and have agreed a downgrade to v132.5. Now I cannot take advantage of the new features of the newer software but this is a lot better than not being able to get the tv out of standbye.

Also on the german forum (search for 'alles uber den philips 8007') this is a known issue. I would expect philips to acknowledge this soon because it is very easy to reproduce and an issue that deserves high priority.

Wonder.

juv
09-24-2012, 03:28 PM

Hello Marjorusa,

for the list: my previous posts:

- If you press smart tv just after turning on the tv with the remote up I always get the 1-2-3 screen for connection to the internet. In most of the cases the tv then will connect to the wireless after 5-10 seconds.
UNSOLVED

- When using a HD recorder pressing rewind does not work, you first have to press pause and then rewind works (also when recording).
UNSOLVED

PeterP
09-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Could someone direct me (link?) to the 132.5 version so I can install it too?
Thx!

Wonder
09-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Could someone direct me (link?) to the 132.5 version so I can install it too?
Thx!

Peter, see private message. Wonder

jefe
09-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Hi Juv.

Best regards,
Benedickte

If I may add my 2 cents worth of trial and error over the last weekend. I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. To me it seems it has very much to do with wpa2 encryption of wifi:

First of all, I do not get get problem when the network is unencrypted. But, as you can understand, this is not a desired solution.

When I try to enter my wpa2 pass manually (thus not through wps) it won't take it and get the error: the network hasn't acknowledged the connection. And yes, to eliminate strange characters, mistyping, and what more, I changed it to something simple lowercase 8 characters.

When I do use wps, the connection is established after the 2 minutes wait. When I then look at at the tv, network connection page, I see all parameters as ip address filled in correctly. The only item left blank is encryption!

Then, if I turn off the tv (power off) the connection is gone again.
When the tv goes into power saving (i.e. When ci+ authentication is required when turned on again) the network is also gone.

I hope this helps as well to isolate the problem, and moreover, a swift correction.

Brakius
09-24-2012, 09:42 PM
I mentioned the standby bug already. I have the 55 inch 8007. This bug was not present in the earlier firmware. At my place it look like next day bug. As on the same day it is going on. Next day it does not going on.

majorusa
09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I have a question for the users of 7xx7 and 8xx7 series: can you play this video in the youtube player of the TV and report here if you have a similar image or the vertical lines are moving without fracture?

Here is the youtube video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDzcnxglmIE&feature=player_embedded

Here is how this video looks on my 6007k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyL-YnmBMbU&feature=youtu.be

Any answer will be highly regarded. Thank you very much for your help.

reallyalexpro
09-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Channel logos missing in 6xx7 series too.

majorusa
09-26-2012, 10:16 PM
I have them. Not all have pictures but most of them do. What FW your Tv has and did you enable the logos from the settings?

reallyalexpro
09-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Last official firmware - 000.133.005.000, 2012-09-03. I have no settings for logos.

pizzacats
09-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Hi,

Hello, are you still alive Philips?

StefanG
09-28-2012, 07:39 PM
My TV turns off when it's connected to the internet, it looks like it goes into standby or something every 30/40 seconds. Philips said it was my router, do some people know if I need to open ports on my router?

majorusa
09-28-2012, 11:12 PM
New bug.

I managed to replicate it twice but I still do not have a pattern. I was watching a mkv file from HDD and I pressed pause, then stop. The image turned like in the video and stayed like this despite changing source to TV, pressing Smart TV, etc. What you see in the movie is ESPN America. Ambilight functions normally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNxkpOXXoS0&feature=youtu.be

Nuhic
09-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Hello guys.

I have a problem with 47PFL6877T when I am watching a film or someting else over my router and the film is on my laptop.It suddenly happens that it disconect me and I have to try again. Anywon have the same problem?

Problem nr 2 is when I connect my laptop to the tv over HDMI and play a game it happens that some type of line appears some times on the screen like a invisible line anywone that have notice that?

Best Regards

majorusa
09-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Hello guys.

I have a problem with 47PFL6877T when I am watching a film or someting else over my router and the film is on my laptop.It suddenly happens that it disconect me and I have to try again. Anywon have the same problem?

Is your TV connected wired or wireless?

Problem nr 2 is when I connect my laptop to the tv over HDMI and play a game it happens that some type of line appears some times on the screen like a invisible line anywone that have notice that?

It will be very helpful if you could post a picture.

The FW you use is 133.5, right?

Syncmahv
09-29-2012, 10:00 AM
I have a question for the users of 7xx7 and 8xx7 series: can you play this video in the youtube player of the TV and report here if you have a similar image or the vertical lines are moving without fracture?

Actually no problems with 46pfl7007K

But i have got some other problems when watching SD content. I sometimes get weird white lines on the upper left half of the TV rim. I Will try to get some pictures.

But bigger question is that where is the promised large update of september?

Nuhic
09-29-2012, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=majorusa;41761]Is your TV connected wired or wireless?
TV is connected wireless. When I asked around about the problem people told me that my router maybe were to far away from the tv but it stands right behind maybe 0.5 meters and I have the latest update.

It will be very helpful if you could post a picture.
The strange thing here is that it only happens when I am watching tv over my laptop and if it is connected over HDMI. I will post a picture.

Thanks!

Beech
09-29-2012, 08:02 PM
My 8007 doesn't remember the wifi settings (WPS) and when try to login manual, the wifi cannot be found bij the TV.

majorusa
10-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Update to subtitles garble bug: I received the same multicolored subtitles that I had previously only in National Geographic HD also in History SD. So the bug is not localized at only one channel.

majorusa
10-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Now I am really pissed off! My TV refuses to show 2D pictures on any source other than USB. It displays the Smart TV menus, the TV menus but no picture. There is sound and the ambilight is working! If I press 2D -3D conversion or any 3D setting the picture appears but no 2D.

Benedicte, any thoughts?

What I did was to start a recording, set another and turn it off. Then three hours later I returned home and no picture!

I upgraded the firmware to the latest version and there is no change!

Any help?

Solution:
I found what was causing the issue. For some strange reason the contrast and brightness on Personal setting reset to 0 and the backlight to 50 from 90. I restored all the settings and I have picture again.

The reason for showing 3D and not 2D war that 3D has a separate set of settings.

This is a strange error. I do not understand why the settings were lost.

juv
10-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Now I am really pissed off! My TV refuses to show 2D pictures on any source other than USB. It displays the Smart TV menus, the TV menus but no picture. There is sound and the ambilight is working! If I press 2D -3D conversion or any 3D setting the picture appears but no 2D.

Benedicte, any thoughts?

What I did was to start a recording, set another and turn it off. Then three hours later I returned home and no picture!

I upgraded the firmware to the latest version and there is no change!

Any help?

Solution:
I found what was causing the issue. For some strange reason the contrast and brightness on Personal setting reset to 0 and the backlight to 50 from 90. I restored all the settings and I have picture again.

The reason for showing 3D and not 2D war that 3D has a separate set of settings.

This is a strange error. I do not understand why the settings were lost.

Hello Majorusa, I had this problem also on the 55pfl8007 a few times when creating a personal setting for the picture, most of the time when I was starting from the "movie" screen setting. When changing the picture setting the image returns, however it is of course strange...

mrb1972
10-04-2012, 11:11 AM

I now have a 55pfl6007, first impression are good, nothing obvious motion wise has jumped out and me yet, still need to watch more material though.

Is there any particular scene or film you want me to try to see if i can replicate some of the motion issues you are having?

P.S TV came with 133.3 installed, updated to 133.4 over internet, then to 133.5 over usb - I have noticed a quicker menu response once 133.5 is installed.

thepauk
10-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Since i connected my external harddisk (Western digital 500Gb) to my tv (42pfl6877), it freezed / crashed for 5 times now. When i disconnect the power from the harddisk and reconnect again, everthing works fine.

Another thing is that 4:3 cannot be scaled to 16:9 in 1080P HDMI.

@majorusa

I can rewind without the pause button. I click rewind once, then be very patient and that works. Only tried time shifting

pizzacats
10-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Hi,

Is there still somebody working within philips?

kouik
10-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Hello,

I can't figure out how a tv (46PFL8007K) with so many bugs succeed to go trough Q&A and reached the market.
I'm personally disapointed, and can't use most of the functions that make me buy this tv :

DLNA : This is a joke ? My phone is FAR better at this game....
- Low volume issue : on some codecs.
partial workaround :
opening the sound menu, changing the sound preference (from standard to film, then going back to standard) give a strong bump to the sound. It's still too low, but far better. The same video played with the PS3 give a FAR better volume. I'm near 60 with the philips DLNA, and around 35 with the PS3...

- Poor sound with some codecs. No workaround. Again, the PS3 give a better sound.

- SLOOOOOOWWWWWWWW scrolling. It's not the network (1 gbs by cable, cable changed, no network congestion). The PS3 in wifi perform better !!!!
- It's not 32x , more around 20...... 120x is something that is definitely more usefull.....
- Added to the lack of 120x, there is no : GO to function...... How to stop to play and resume a 2 hours films later ??? need to scroll for 1 mns. and more....
- What's about a resume function , favorites, etc....
- How can you sell something that is so slow over the menus ???
- when you click to fast on the remote (because the listing is so slow), you loose the sync between the folder shown, and the file inside (ie, folder 21, and you see the content of the 18.... scrolling to the top resync...)

- OUtside of DLNA :
- Slow menus.... what's a joke
- The ambilight are on each end of day when I come to home again... I have to switch it off, but it restart again and again.... I maybe missed something with the autostart feature, but it's definitely broken at some place if after 2 weeks, I still have to stop the tv...
- PS3 bug : when I switch the tv off, the PS3 is at all time started...... funy the first time... and yes, I do need cec...

Added to this, a lot of bugs floatting around, can't power on the tv and have to unplug it sometimes. it was serviced, but with no success.....
Crash of the DLNA player, have to restart the tv too...
Crash of the menu, have to restart the tv to get them back again...

At least, when using an external DLNA, the sound is good, the image is not so bad to my profane eyes.
but about the user interface, this is definitely the worst product that I used !
Another brand costing 400 € (vs 1600 for this one) got a better DLNA player and real world fast menus....

I'm using the latest firmware to this date : 00.133.005.000.
About upcoming versions, I've already paid... the whole thing, why did I not get a real tv ?

titatovernaar
10-05-2012, 10:57 AM
tv dont remember the choosen settings for more 3d depth.
everytime i need to choose for the option more.

maby a bug?

Ladman
10-06-2012, 09:47 AM
@kouik

I believe you are preaching to the choir here. It also seems that we received our TVs from the same batch as I experience and am frustrated with ALL the issues you posted as well. Every single on frustrated me for the last weeks. but at least you only paid 1600€...most of us even paid more...all the best

juv
10-06-2012, 02:02 PM
When using the app HD remote on the ipad and the 55pfl8007,
in many cases if you want to stream the Ipad is only recognizing the 55pfl8007 if you pull the plug. Since pulling the plug did the trick I blame it on the 55pfl8007...
(apart from the HD remote App being buggy)

Brakius
10-07-2012, 06:53 AM
@Philips, it is very still. Have I to call the repair service for the standby problem since I upgrade the firmware? As before I had not this problem. It is a firmware problem. Please repair this, give us a firmware update.

Ladman
10-07-2012, 08:19 AM
@Philips, it is very still. Have I to call the repair service for the standby problem since I upgrade the firmware? As before I had not this problem. It is a firmware problem. Please repair this, give us a firmware update.

Hi Brakius,

The last info I got is that there will be an update in October. Mid-October to be precice. As more and more updates are coming out for other series, a bigger update might just be around the corner.

All the best
Lad

stefanox
10-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Since 2 days I am in possession of a 46PFL9707
there is firmware 133,005,000 on television.
when my HTS9140 is connected to the tv with a hdmi cable the television fully crashes.
The remote no longer responds, only thing I can do is pull the power cable from the TV.
Even dont want to shutdown by remote

When putting tv in standby with the remote, it can not be startup again, remote not responding, buttons on tv olso dont respond.
only solution is to remove power cable from the tv.

Completely crashed!

I must wait 4 minutes then reacts television again.
This only happens when I connect my HTS or AC RYAN to the television with hdmi.
the last 2 days that i have the new television it crashes now 9 time's. and the only thing that i can do is remove power cable.

Bad start philips to begin a brand new range, how you guys gonna fix this

stefano

aise
10-08-2012, 08:34 AM
i have 8007 model and the lag in menus is truly terrible. SD picture is really bad. where can i adjust HDMI black level for PS3? calibrating colours not possible? would be nice if it supported a HDD with 2 partitions (1 for recording and 2nd for mkv's and media). subtitle size adjustment for local media would be nice. if i switch off TV speakers why the hell cant i adjust the headphones volume with master volume buttons from remote..... i have to go to into this lagging menu every time.... i like the set but the software is killing it. had samsung D7000 before and it had none of these problems, it even supported mkv files with DTS (i could live without it if they fix all the other stuff). please fix this mess and make this TV whole.

tovalb
10-08-2012, 10:07 AM
and once again. Will you ever do something with the HDMI AUTODETECT issue. I getting really tired that my tv "FOUND NEW DEVICE" now and then. Please adress this.

Tom

Toengel
10-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi,

we have to wait for the next firmware release...

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

majorusa
10-08-2012, 12:59 PM
True. I wonder when it will come. Hopefully it will address some of the bugs posted here.

Marcellino
10-09-2012, 12:54 PM
How to use Hbbtv (47PDL6907)? Pressing the RED button gives a menu with settings and not Hbbtv. Which button you have to use?

majorusa
10-10-2012, 10:30 AM
New bug:

The TV refuses to decode certain frequencies from UPC. I called the UPC repair team, they made all the tests, signal is sufficient, we even directly connected the TV set to the cable at the entry in the house. The culprit channles are Sundance, Sundance HD and Nasul on UPC Romania.

If needed I can attach a picture.

And now a funny bug:

The TV failed to put in order the icons in the Home menu. It is just for your info.

http://www.screencast.com/t/H6a6civCy

PS: I cannot upload pictures. Apparently I exceeded the 1MB quota.

Bunker26
10-10-2012, 01:51 PM
tell me where to get a list of names for a particular channel logo display?

couto27
10-12-2012, 10:57 AM

- Missing 3D depth adjustment "less" from 3D modes. It is present only in 2D to3D scaling though the advertisements and user manual mention this feature
- TV refuse to boot up when two HDD are connected. It enters a loop and shuts down and powers up by itself until one HDD is disconnected

im interested to see where this phillips horror stories will leads..

need to be registed to see does links ? why?

couto27
10-12-2012, 03:35 PM
LED Philips PFL 8007 hdmi issue no sound.....with media player med1000x3D.

Test device x3 in other tv and works fine.
Please fix bug send new firmware .

james87
10-14-2012, 04:05 PM
hello! after buying a 37pfl6007h, I can not set it in optimal conditions. I have a problem with the movement of the hands, suffers as relentizaciones, fuzzy. The HD Natural Motion I have it in the middle while the engine is off mpeg. someone could hand me a good configuration?
thank you very much for your attention

NaC
10-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Hi,
I have recently purchased the 42pfl6007 model.
I have noticed that when there is fast movement picture in the screen, the screen shows shadows in some square shapes. This appears also when the HD Perfect Motion is on minimum, maximum and off position.
After checking also the 40/46pfl5507, I can surely say that this problem is related only to pfl6007 model.
Is it related to the time response of the screen? As much as I know 5xx7 series is made from Samsung panels while 6xx7 is made from LG panels.
In general, I think that such 6xx7 series TV should not have any picture issues, especially when comparing to 5xx7 series.
I hope the next firmware update will fix it!
It is very disappointing, especially when spending extra money for the higher 6xx7 series, when in fact, not getting too much in picture quality...
Thanks

majorusa
10-15-2012, 08:21 AM
To james 87 and NaC.

This is a bug and there is whole thread dedicated to it. You could find this issue depicted here too. Phlips acknowledged the issue but did not promise a solution. The thread dedicated to this issue is here:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7088-47pfl6877t&p=42812#post42812

aise
10-15-2012, 01:53 PM
found a new bug, EasyLink (HDMI-CEC) drives my PS3 slim grazy, it's like someone is pressing OOOOOOOOOO nonstop. i deactivated EasyLink and it stopped...

NaC
10-15-2012, 02:14 PM
To james 87 and NaC.

This is a bug and there is whole thread dedicated to it. You could find this issue depicted here too. Phlips acknowledged the issue but did not promise a solution. The thread dedicated to this issue is here:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7088-47pfl6877t&p=42812#post42812

I'm sorry but I think that it is not acceptable when Philips states that they do not promise a solution!
After people spend their money on Philips product, Philips has the full responsibility to fix these unexpected serious bugs, especially when the lower 5xx7 series don’t have it!
The 6xx7 series line should not been released with this serious bugs, it should been fixed before releasing it to the market!
Philips, please take responsibility on this issue!
Thanks

yut
10-15-2012, 05:50 PM
My TV is 42PFL6097T.
It should be necessary to make the following in the new firmware.
1. Resume the position of the content in built-in player (USB and DLNA) when you turn off the TV. Now it remembers the position before switching off. It is necessary to save the position not in memory, but in built-in disk. It just takes a little time for your programmers if they have the will to do it.
2. When the logo during the show, there are white lines on the top and on the right before full loading. It's not pretty.
3. When showing a black fill 1920x1080 TV has the right red line of 1 pixel. This is the bug of the built-in player.
Thanks for support.

Syncmahv
10-16-2012, 08:01 PM
I want some answer for this !

I still got a bug that when in 1920x1080 resolution the display is to big for the screen, only 1900x1080 is seen, 20 pixels are hidden behind the right side. This is with PS3, PC, WD TV Live HUB. The TV format is unscaled( Have tried every format ).

Toengel
10-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Hi,

there is a option to move the screen... can you check that?

Toengel@Alex

LJ_Skinny
10-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Hi,

if you get the feeling, that your left alone with your issues and they are not addressed, please feel free to add your issues to our bug tracker for the firmware.

We found a lot of issues, which need to be solved. If you have country specific issues it would be also nice to know.

With every new firmware new unknown issues are fixed, but we never heard about them. But the real big issues are not addressed or even improved. Also getting a feedback is a problem of the support.

Bugtracker:
http://code.google.com/p/philips/issues/list?can=2&q=&sort=&groupby=category&colspec=ID+Type+Status+Prio+Version+Modified+Owner +Summary

Best regards

Holger

niki999
10-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Hello,

I have 42PDL6907K/12 and I have one strange problem. When I switch off TV in the evening I can not turn it on in the morning. Red light is changing intensity (so it receives signal from remote), and it does not blink like it should, and TV does not turn on. Only solution I found is that I unplug TV from a power and then plug it again, then TV can be switched on normally. I then switch TV off with remote and go to work. When I got back from work I can switch TV on normally (it is at least 10 hours on stand bye) but again when i switch it off in the evening (8 hours on stand bye) when I go to sleep only cold boot helps in the morning :(.

Since this behavior is constant in time i.e it does not happens randomly I am wondering can it be a firmware issue or maybe I have some settings which I should turn off.

I apprentice your help,

N

yut
10-17-2012, 01:14 PM
You can to add custom logos for TV channels in new firmware. For example, add menu item "Updates logos". The user inserts the USB flash drive with prepared images in specified format. Base of the logos may be overwritten. TV reads them and writes to flash. The TV channel and the image must have the same name.
Thanks.

yreiter
10-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Hello,

I have 42PDL6907K/12 and I have one strange problem. When I switch off TV in the evening I can not turn it on in the morning. Red light is changing intensity (so it receives signal from remote), and it does not blink like it should, and TV does not turn on. Only solution I found is that I unplug TV from a power and then plug it again, then TV can be switched on normally. I then switch TV off with remote and go to work. When I got back from work I can switch TV on normally (it is at least 10 hours on stand bye) but again when i switch it off in the evening (8 hours on stand bye) when I go to sleep only cold boot helps in the morning :(.

Since this behavior is constant in time i.e it does not happens randomly I am wondering can it be a firmware issue or maybe I have some settings which I should turn off.

I apprentice your help,

N

i have the same problem

majorusa
10-17-2012, 07:48 PM
The 4xx7 and 5xx7 received already two firmware updates.

Philips, when you will update the more expensive 6,7 ,8 and 9 series? We were patient enough I think. Last update that fixed an issue never mentioned on any forum was on September 3-rd. Then silence.

So, when shall we expect a firmware that really fix things?

letsmakethingsbetter
10-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Hello,

I just thought I'd share with my personal buglist regarding the 37PFL6007/12 with latest SW QF1EU_0.133.5.0.
I won't repeat the obvious bugs, but some issues I have not read about in this forum yet - but maybe I just missed them...?

1) Crashing of video-decoder engine
I understand that some videos with exotic or even faulty containers or codecs may not play. Usually I get a message like "unsupported resolution" which is ok. But with some files the screen just stays black without any message until I hit the stop or back button. After such an event the video-decoding engine has crashed and won't play any files - not even the ones that played fine before. Restart of TV necessary.

2) USB-Stick not recognized / needs hard-drive like partitioning
When plugging in a USB stick with the typical whole-device FAT32 format the device is recognized and the TV shows "Reading files". This message will never go away though. When choosing "USB-Stick" from the source menu, the TV tells me "no device connected". (The stick works fine both with Windows, Linux and even a Panasonic TV from 2011.)
The only way to get the Philips TV to recognize the USB stick is to partition the device - which you would normally do with a hard drive but not with a memory stick.

3) My DVD player connected at HDMI2 is found as HDMI1 device. When selecting HDMI1, I get the picture from the DVR connected there, but my DVD on HDMI2 gets woken up from standby and the TV shows the message "establishing connection". Some special twist of the HDMI mess, I suppose. By turning off CEC on my DVD I managed to suppress the waking-up.

4) TV-Guide shows all >1000 channels instead of just the ones in the personal favorites list. This renders the TV-Guide unusable. Am I just missing a setting here?

5) No audio over HDMI with DVD Toshiba SD5010KE. TV info screen shows blank field next to "sound". From what I've read here, this must be the LPCM bug, right? One more device for the list...

Regards,
letsmakethingsbetter

P.S.: I hope they'll let me keep this nickname... :rolleyes:

Bunker26
10-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Hello, yut. I have many questions for you:

The user inserts the USB flash drive with prepared images in specified format ... The TV channel and the image must have the same name.
1. What should be the format of image?
2. What should be the name of image? Where can I get a complete list of channel names? Because I do not know how to spell the name of the channel (RU).
2. What should be the path for images on USB flash?

yut
10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Hello, yut. I have many questions for you:
Now it is not supported, I'm waiting this from Philips in new firmware. :)

majorusa
10-18-2012, 04:39 PM
I personally want Philips to solve the HDNM 2D and 3D judder bug and LPCM bug in the next FW update. Everything else must come after else they will botch the coding.

Syncmahv
10-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi,

there is a option to move the screen... can you check that?

Toengel@Alex

I have tried something similar, but it wont do nothing.(picture shift) But if u are meaning Screen Edges, then this one is blacked out, i cant modify this.

Manuj
10-19-2012, 10:30 AM
I personally want Philips to solve the HDNM 2D and 3D judder bug and LPCM bug in the next FW update. Everything else must come after else they will botch the coding.

Yes, those bugs are major ones.

But if software architecture is split correctly, there are quite a few other annoying bugs that should not have any side effects. To name just one that stupid "new hdmi detection" should not interfere with any HDNM or LPCM stuff.

Again, my personal main disappointement is to have so little information from Philips. I already posted in another thread that this is against Philips policy and commitments to customers. "[...] the company seeks to maintain an ongoing dialogue with its customers [...]". They don't seem to care much...
At least we should get an official statement, other than "we're working" for the last 8 weeks. Explaining root-cause analysis outcome, as well as roadmap for new firmware would be a must.

Including a few external beta testers (such as majorusa!) would greatly improve their Q&A release process. I'm not sure I would love getting new bugs.

juv
10-19-2012, 01:38 PM
When using 55pfl8007+CI module and pressing the pause button , when you continue to watch 25-50% of the subtitles dissapear, any of you recognize this bug ?

juv
10-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Yes, those bugs are major ones.

But if software architecture is split correctly, there are quite a few other annoying bugs that should not have any side effects. To name just one that stupid "new hdmi detection" should not interfere with any HDNM or LPCM stuff.

Again, my personal main disappointement is to have so little information from Philips. I already posted in another thread that this is against Philips policy and commitments to customers. "[...] the company seeks to maintain an ongoing dialogue with its customers [...]". They don't seem to care much...
At least we should get an official statement, other than "we're working" for the last 8 weeks. Explaining root-cause analysis outcome, as well as roadmap for new firmware would be a must.

Including a few external beta testers (such as majorusa!) would greatly improve their Q&A release process. I'm not sure I would love getting new bugs.

I think we all have our "favorite" bugs, for me the subtitle bug is for instance annoying. Also the fact that a new device "is detected all the time is high on my personal list.

In general I think many of us would be dissapointed if Philips does not solve a big portion of the mentioned bugs in the next release, given the fact we are waiting allready 1.5 months...

Manuj
10-19-2012, 03:16 PM
I think we all have our "favorite" bugs, for me the subtitle bug is for instance annoying. [...]

Yes, this what I meant.
They are major/critical bugs, and annoying ones that should be also corrected and have no direct relation (or possible side effect).
The subtitles, or false detection, should not interfere with HDNM.
I also think Philips should cope with most, if not all, of them.

But wait, I'm sure we'll have some swift answers as well as a release date.

Within industry partners, there would already be some legal notice to have some clear feedback, and corrections to product defects. But we are just end-customers with no real power on what's happening. At least philips can hear us through this forum, I wish they would be sharing more.

Wonder
10-21-2012, 10:13 AM
About the bug:

HOW TO SOLVE: Manually downgrade firmare to V. 132.5. When you finished, unplug for a minute and turn on tv. The bug is now gone. Then upgrade the 8007 back to the latest firmware release. After that the bug is still gone.

stefanox
10-21-2012, 10:51 AM
I have a 46PFL9707 with olso that standby bug.
Can it olso be downgrade to the 132.5 FM?

Wonder
10-21-2012, 11:28 AM
I have a 46PFL9707 with olso that standby bug.
Can it olso be downgrade to the 132.5 FM?

Hello Stefanox,

I have the 8007, it worked for this model. I cannot say for sure if this will work for others but my guess it that it will work for others with a 2012 model as well.
That being said, the 9707 is a 2011 model. It uses other software. Therefore downgrading to 132.5 will not work. You might try downgrading your model too with the appropriate software and then update it back.

To be sure we are talking abut the same bug: this is the bug that after some hours not using the tv it cannot be turned on with the remote. The only way to get it out of standbye is unplug.

Good luck!

stefanox
10-21-2012, 11:34 AM
9707 2011 model????

lol this model is the latest, its the brand new range

Hello Stefanox,

I have the 8007, it worked for this model. I cannot say for sure if this will work for others but my guess it that it will work for others with a 2012 model as well.
That being said, the 9707 is a 2011 model. It uses other software. Therefore downgrading to 132.5 will not work. You might try downgrading your model too with the appropriate software and then update it back.

To be sure we are talking abut the same bug: this is the bug that after some hours not using the tv it cannot be turned on with the remote. The only way to get it out of standbye is unplug.

Good luck!

Wonder
10-21-2012, 11:43 AM
9707 2011 model????

lol this model is the latest, its the brand new range

Oh yes! It is the new one... nice, i had the 9606 in mind. As for your question: I dont know if it can be downgraded because it's a newer model.

stefanox
10-21-2012, 12:25 PM
somebody can put 132.5 online,

Syncmahv
10-21-2012, 12:34 PM
About the bug:

HOW TO SOLVE: Manually downgrade firmare to V. 132.5. When you finished, unplug for a minute and turn on tv. The bug is now gone. Then upgrade the 8007 back to the latest firmware release. After that the bug is still gone.

Got the same problem with 46PFL7007K, downgrading doesnt help, it sometimes wont come out of standby so at those times i just unplug the TV.

Wonder
10-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Got the same problem with 46PFL7007K, downgrading doesnt help, it sometimes wont come out of standby so at those times i just unplug the TV.

First I downgraded to 133.3, that didn't help. Downgrading to 132.5 did help.

stefanox
10-21-2012, 06:06 PM
really strange here.

this i have on my stick now : Updates/autorun.upg

but tv say no update's found.
olso when i try it with local update's there is no fm in the list

majorusa
10-22-2012, 08:29 AM
really strange here.

this i have on my stick now : Updates/autorun.upg

but tv say no update's found.
olso when i try it with local update's there is no fm in the list

Put the autorun.upg in the root of the stick. At downgrade, the TV will not recognize the FW and will not update automatically. Therefore use the update function in the menu.

loki
10-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone,
I've also the standby bug on 42pfl6007 :mad:, can anyone tell me where download the 132.5 firmware? I don't find it on philips site.
Thank's

Wonder
10-22-2012, 10:41 AM
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B47bCYxP94FJY2pLMDhmOENZcWc/edit?pli=1&docId=0B8I5l-_RYy82QkgxTlo3Z0hnOHM

Hi everyone,
I've also the standby bug on 42pfl6007 :mad:, can anyone tell me where download the 132.5 firmware? I don't find it on philips site.
Thank's

loki
10-22-2012, 10:43 AM
thk a lot :)

Wonder
10-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Now some of you guys are trying this fix I want to add that after succesfull downgrade the first time use the standbye function can be a little unstable. After you put the tv on and off a couple of times it becomes stable.
Hope it works for you too!

stefanox
10-22-2012, 02:01 PM
This tv really drive me crazy.
put the fm update in the root from the stick.
tv say no usb stick found
have a fat32 stick

bugmenot
10-22-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry but I think that it is not acceptable when Philips states that they do not promise a solution!
After people spend their money on Philips product, Philips has the full responsibility to fix these unexpected serious bugs, especially when the lower 5xx7 series don’t have it!
The 6xx7 series line should not been released with this serious bugs, it should been fixed before releasing it to the market!
Philips, please take responsibility on this issue!
Thanks

I have the pfl6877t and is extremely disappointed in Philips because of this. Picture quality in fast motion scenes are horrible, there is extreme ghosting/judder. This TV was very expensive and should not have such a severe defect. This is a critical bug (or even worse if it's hardware related) and Philips, you must prioritize fixing this! Telling us you can't promise a solution is not good, this must be fixed immediately and if it can't be fixed I want a full refund.

aise
10-22-2012, 02:22 PM
bugmenot, exactly. all who bought Philips's this years model got only 50% of the total product (hardware). software is optional or not part of the product it seems. i just don't understand how can they sell it like this.

letsmakethingsbetter
10-22-2012, 04:53 PM
tv say no usb stick found
have a fat32 stick

Hi stefanox,

I had the same problem with my USB stick. Solution for me was to partition the stick like a hard drive (one partition is sufficient) and then format the partition with FAT32.

Regards,
letsmakethingsbetter

stefanox
10-22-2012, 05:15 PM
@letsmakethingsbetter

same problem here, tv say say no usb stick found.
make me think this, on the tv is the 133.5 FM.
Maybe the tv see thats a lower fm and dont let it get downgrade.

to be sure, where we need to downgrade it, in normal tv mode, or maintance menu?

yut
10-22-2012, 06:22 PM
where we need to downgrade it, in normal tv mode, or maintance menu?
For downgrade switch off TV from power, insert USB with firmware in root directory, press and hold button OK on remote control in TV direction, switch on TV, say "Yes" for downgrade.
Warning!!! Read this (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7770-Your-experiences-with-FW-v133-5-for-6xx7-7xx7-and-8xx7-series-(2012-models)&p=40762&viewfull=1#post40762)!

loki
10-22-2012, 07:14 PM
I've downgrade to 132.5 but the standby bug is Still here :mad: :mad:. I'll return this Tv to thé shop And buy another brand i'ts make me crazy

stefanox
10-22-2012, 07:15 PM
For downgrade switch off TV from power, insert USB with firmware in root directory, press and hold button OK on remote control in TV direction, switch on TV, say "Yes" for downgrade.
Warning!!! Read this (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7770-Your-experiences-with-FW-v133-5-for-6xx7-7xx7-and-8xx7-series-(2012-models)&p=40762&viewfull=1#post40762)!

not with me here, tv say
no software found

yut
10-22-2012, 07:53 PM
not with me here, tv say no software found
Try the following: format USB into fat32 again, check it, copy autorun.upg, if it's not succesfull, rename autorun.upg to software.upg. Be sure that TV fully disconnected from power. When you switch on TV hold OK (or arrow down) on remote. This must work.

majorusa
10-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Philips is very quiet lately. Why? Can you give us a reassuring that you really work to solve the bugs? In 10 days we will have two months of frustration since the last FW upgrade. So, any thoughts?

If not, let me give you food for thought:
Here is an excerpt from a review of the 7007 by Techradar.

"It's here in three different settings, and though all create a more natural feel in terms of movement, there are noticeable side-effects during our Hugo Blu-ray disc. As Hugo runs through the train station, and even when he turns his head in an otherwise stationary shot, there's a crackle and flicker around him." The full review is here:
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/televisions/plasma-and-lcd-tvs/philips-46pfl7007-1105083/review/page:3#articleContent

This is what I mentioned in some of my first posts and is the bug nr 2 in my list. Maybe now you will take some action Philips!

Wonder
10-22-2012, 09:30 PM
I've downgrade to 132.5 but the standby bug is Still here :mad: :mad:. I'll return this Tv to thé shop And buy another brand i'ts make me crazy

Too bad, it worked for me... Hope i dont give you guys a lot of work with no results... What model you have and did you perform a cold start after downgrade also as i said i experienced sme standbye instability too in the beginning with 132.5 but only just after installation. After that the tv did fine.

40Pfl8007
Installation fw history:
- Before 132.5, standbye bug
- 132.5 no standby bug anymore
- 133.3 standby bug back, only after a couple of hours in standbye
- 133.4 133.5 , no solution
- dowgrade by philips to 133.3, no solution (of course)
- downgraded to 132.5, standbye bug was gone
- upgrade to 133.3 and 133.5 bug is still gone

When i write it down it does not sound very logical but well there had been some change one way or other, hooe that some of you benefit of it.

Lot of you guys seem to have this bug, its time for philips to at least acknowledge this bug.

Best regards, Wonder

stefanox
10-23-2012, 05:03 AM
For me i can not even downgrade the tv (46PFL9707)
For some strange reason the tv dont let me downgrade it.

"can not find software" is the message.

loki
10-23-2012, 08:48 AM
i've done a new upgrade to firmware 133.5, but the bug is still here :mad:!!!
Can we back to 108.xx ?
When philips put online a new firmware that solve this problem, any ideas ?

mrb1972
10-23-2012, 10:09 AM
I read this on another forum today, not sure how true it is as I cant find the source -

"Post on Facebook about 5 hours ago:

"Yes, there will be a new firmware release soon. But nobody benefits if we have to postpone a given release date due to unexpected Necessary adaptations. That's why we do not provide explicit firmware release dates on our support channels. Please keep using our Support Forum. The moderators will inform all users immediately if our engineers give green light for the release. We kindly ask for your understanding.

Kind regards,
PHILIPS_Consumer Care "

niki999
10-23-2012, 10:14 AM
i've done a new upgrade to firmware 133.5, but the bug is still here :mad:!!!
Can we back to 108.xx ?
When philips put online a new firmware that solve this problem, any ideas ?

I have problem with stand by mode too (you can read my problem few posts back). In the mean time I managed to find kind of solution which works for me. In the evening when I go to sleep I turn off tv over remote (i.e pout it in standby) after few minutes I press remote again to turn on tv. Then I get effect that TV will not start (like described in my previous post) but after holding power up button on remote for 5-10 sec TV do start UP then i switch it back to standby, after that I do not have problem in the morning and if nothing I do not unplug tv anymore. Hope that this helps a bit.

I am also not sure is it clever to downgrade firmware since it can cause many unforeseen problems.

loki
10-23-2012, 10:44 AM
I have problem with stand by mode too (you can read my problem few posts back). In the mean time I managed to find kind of solution which works for me. In the evening when I go to sleep I turn off tv over remote (i.e pout it in standby) after few minutes I press remote again to turn on tv. Then I get effect that TV will not start (like described in my previous post) but after holding power up button on remote for 5-10 sec TV do start UP then i switch it back to standby, after that I do not have problem in the morning and if nothing I do not unplug tv anymore. Hope that this helps a bit.

I am also not sure is it clever to downgrade firmware since it can cause many unforeseen problems.

ok, i'll try this, i touch wood!

loki
10-23-2012, 11:21 AM
do you know how we can do an hard reset ?:confused:

Wonder
10-23-2012, 12:09 PM

Hi Niki, it seems there are different problems with standbye mode. The bug i mentioned (and soved by downgrading to 133.3, then to 132.5 and upgrade back) is as follows: After the tv is turned off wirth remote after a period of time (can be more than 5 hours) it is not possible to turn on. Only way to do this is unplug. Maybe this is another bug than you descibing. I had no problems downgrading but i heard that you can better not downgrade to versions prior to 132.5.

niki999
10-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Hi Niki, it seems there are different problems with standbye mode. The bug i mentioned (and soved by downgrading to 133.3, then to 132.5 and upgrade back) is as follows: After the tv is turned off wirth remote after a period of time (can be more than 5 hours) it is not possible to turn on. Only way to do this is unplug. Maybe this is another bug than you descibing. I had no problems downgrading but i heard that you can better not downgrade to versions prior to 132.5.

I do not know what the problem is but defiantly I can not turn my tv also after some period of time and there is an issue with standby although it appears in somewhat different manner . Solution I wrote is not solution at all it is just work around my problem :(...hope that some future firmware will solve it.

Wonder
10-23-2012, 02:16 PM
do you know how we can do an hard reset ?:confused:

I read this somewhere about a hard reset: "Unplug your tv from power for at least 15 minutes for an hard reset." Maybe it can clear up some issues.

loki
10-23-2012, 02:18 PM
I read this somewhere about a hard reset: "Unplug your tv from power for at least 15 minutes for an hard reset." Maybe it can clear up some issues.

i'm not sure it's work, i unplug my tv all night long (like lionel said :o) and nothing change

Wonder
10-23-2012, 02:32 PM
i'm not sure it's work, i unplug my tv all night long (like lionel said :o) and nothing change

Maybe you can try to unplug it for some years, I'm sure the tv wont drive you crazy for some time.:p

loki
10-23-2012, 02:36 PM
LOL ;)

loki
10-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Maybe you can try to unplug it for some years, I'm sure the tv wont drive you crazy for some time.:p LOL ;)

niki999
10-23-2012, 02:39 PM
LOL ;)

Who needs TV anyway when we all have PCs. They are the best media players around and they are cheaper too :)... although I do have gremlins there too ;). He he...

stefanox
10-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Become time that philips clean up the ehmmm development department, and take some real developers.
omg every single update we have issue's

i bet that with , sony, lg, ect.. they dont have this shi....
We philips custumors we have not more that pain in the ass with this demmit tv's.

first thing that i do in the morning is bring my 9707 back to the store, and claim my money back.
For me NEVER NEVER any philips product!!!

Wonder
10-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Become time that philips clean up the ehmmm development department, and take some real developers.
omg every single update we have issue's

i bet that with , sony, lg, ect.. they dont have this shi....
We philips custumors we have not more that pain in the ass with this demmit tv's.

first thing that i do in the morning is bring my 9707 back to the store, and claim my money back.
For me NEVER NEVER any philips product!!!

I can understand your frustration, you want a decent product for your money. I exchanged 4 tv' s before i settled with the 8007. All i want to say is don't expect the other brands to be issue free.
ALthough this software has many issues i'm more happier wit this tv than the previous 4 models / brands. First i had panasonic plasma but those had issues with the plasma refresh and 3d ( when 3d works plasma 3 d is best) then a new model samsung but had bad angle and colour management plus very bad 3d crosstalk. After that i went for a 9606 philips with dirty screen effect, pffff. Now this 8007 finally rocks compared with the ones before. I do not use many software functions because i have a seperate decoder for digital tv, thats why i dont experience lot of bugs. I find the image very good with rich colours and almost no clouding, 3 d for lcd is good and i like the thin design and decent sound when not using hifi. Most annoying was the standbye bug but that is now solved (for me), irritating is the repeating message found new source but can handle that :-)

Good luck...

loki
10-23-2012, 10:18 PM
I've tried, but it still the same shit ! I'll bring back it tomorow, i'm sorry because when the screen is on the quality is very good...damage

juv
10-24-2012, 06:44 PM
@Benedickte: can I propose Philips to include the option to send information from the TV directly to Philips via internet in case of a bug or crash ? For instance the PS Vita offers this option in case of a crash, where a lot of status information when the bug occured is automatically send. I think it should help the bugfixing.....

letsmakethingsbetter
10-24-2012, 10:38 PM
The long awaited new firmware release is online! :cool:

Version: 000.150.048.009, ZIP-Datei, 146.28 MB, Veröffentlichungsdatum: 2012-10-24

Changelog is still missing though.

Now let's all hope this version will make us happy!

Regards,
letsmakethingsbetter