PDA

View Full Version : Channel names not displayed

LennartG
09-13-2012, 04:35 PM
I use the dvb-c decoder for provider Ziggo in the Netherlands and since I installed the latest update the channel names of a lot of channels are not displayed anymore when changing channels. You just see ---- as the channel name for three quarters of the channels...very annoying...or is this a provider issue? Or can this be fixed in tv software?

Thanks in advance.

Lennart

Philips - Benedickte
09-14-2012, 03:35 PM
I use the dvb-c decoder for provider Ziggo in the Netherlands and since I installed the latest update the channel names of a lot of channels are not displayed anymore when changing channels. You just see ---- as the channel name for three quarters of the channels...very annoying...or is this a provider issue? Or can this be fixed in tv software?

Thanks in advance.

Lennart

Hi Lennart

Welcome to the forums.

As you are saying you got an external decoder it means the TV is only showing what the decoder is telling it to show. I would advise you to check if there is any updates for the decoder and also rescan and update thae channels on the decoder.

Best regards,
Benedickte

LennartG
09-14-2012, 08:40 PM
I dont use an external decoder but the one inside the television with a cam module. So i still hope for a philips update :)

hanso
09-16-2012, 08:12 PM
I have the same problem with dutch cable provider Caiway.
only that during switching of channels there is no program information displayed.
The channel guide showed however normaly all channel info.

Philips - Benedickte
09-17-2012, 11:51 AM
I dont use an external decoder but the one inside the television with a cam module. So i still hope for a philips update :)

Hi LennartG.

Could you please confirm to me what CAM module you're using?
Can you see the channel names if you're not having the module in?
Could you please reinstall the channels and post back the results after this?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Benedickte

LennartG
09-30-2012, 10:01 AM
I had a chat with a lady from Philips and she told me to rescan all channels and that did the trick. All names visible again!