PDA

View Full Version : The 9600 doesn't deliver what's promised, period.

9600epicfail
09-15-2012, 04:26 PM
I have had nothing but problems with this 500 euro player, even had to sent it back to Philips after a week,
they replaced the transport and said it worked fine.

They also said they tested my analogue output and that it was working fine, well I still can't get it lipsync.
Out of poor frustration and months of gathering dust ( I was getting sick trying to watch my favourite movies like
a bad synchronised bruce lee movie) I decided to watch them with the digital output and couldn't get it lypsync
either.

Luckily I could get it done with my receiver but then that wasn't why I bought this 500 euro Philips player for in the first place, I
could have bought an el cheapo and get the same result.

Today it starts refusing playing brand new blu rays again, I have had it with this player.
And don't tell me to sent this player back to Philips 'cause I already did and they told me it was working fine. (after they fixed the transport)

And now you are waiting for a patch to fix this problem? I don't believe it's gonna happen and we are gonna be
left behind with a worthless player and some comments in this forum and that's it.

Kind Regards,

from someone that is never gonna buy any philips product again for the rest of his life.

sileem
09-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Yes, I understand you feelings and I am nearly in same situation. I bought this player because of Marvell Qdeo and and analog output BB DAC-s. Also find lip sync is not working on analog output and get information from this forum that fix in firmware is not possible - it is hardware problem, very hard to believe.
I find that OPPO BDP-93 and 95 (they had same MT8530 Mediatek series bluray player core chip) had analog output delay possible: http://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-93/bdp9x-firmware-52-0707B.aspx
As Oppo noted in firmware release notes that they had corrected analog output delay with firmware.

BIGGGG disappointment.