PDA

View Full Version : Problem with New HTS 5131/94

anoop4076
09-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Can anybody suggest what's wrong. The HTS works well except for the discs. It cannot read any type of disc. Always shows unknown disc. The disc can not be played besides it takes unusually long to read the disc. The set is brand new and just one day old. Although Philips has assured me to rectify the fault.

Toengel
09-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Hi,

"unknown disc" indicates that something is wrong with the reader unit of your HTS. You should bring your device back to your dealer...

Toengel@Alex

anoop4076
09-18-2012, 05:04 AM
Hi,

"unknown disc" indicates that something is wrong with the reader unit of your HTS. You should bring your device back to your dealer...

Toengel@Alex

Thanks Toengel. I brought your views in the knowledge of Philips Electronics India, their service engineer has agreed and perhaps they will replace the set with a new one. At least I hope so.
Regards,
Anoop Saxena

anoop4076
09-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

I wish to inform all our readers that Philips has replaced my HTS with a new one. They have restored my confidence in Philips products.
Thanks,
Anoop Saxena

Norway1989
09-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Hello all!
Do anybody know why I can't see DVD/Blu-Ray disc or "HOME"?
I have a HTS5593/12 ..
Link to my post:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?8094-Not-playing-and-not-showing-quot-HOME-quot

Hope for answer, I'm pretty desperate!

indranil122
01-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Hi Anoop Saxena,

I am having a same problem with the same Soundbar.But my system is showing Unknown Disc for some audio cd's.
So could you please advice...how or whom you approached and your replacement is done with which model?

Regards

Indranil Mitra