PDA

View Full Version : Clouding on Philips 40PFL5007K/12

NaC
09-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a new Philips TV, model no. 40PFL5007K/12.
I noticed that in a dark room condition, there is some "clouding" or white areas on the TV screen (attached pics). It can be especially seen in top and bottom of the right side.
I also noticed that the right side of TV is warmer compared to the left side (I don't know if it related to my problem).
I would be grateful if you can answer my questions below:
1. Are those white spots are normal? In dark room it can clearly recognized and even when playing movies.
2. Why the right side is warmer than the left side? Maybe there is some problem with my TV?

Thank you

Philips
09-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Dear NaC,

Mura effect is an expression of “uneven lighting” and very often is described as “clouding”.
Mura is an irregular luminosity or its variation in LCD displays related to cell, which impacts the transmission of light through the display and results in non-homogeneity.

- It’s rather common that TV owners will notice some degree of mura effect during dark or completely black scenes, in conditions such as viewing the TV in a darkened room.
- These problems are not correctable and regarded as LCD technology limitations (the manufacturer produce and tests products as per industry standard).
- Mura /clouding effect as described above does not get worse over the time.
- The mura effect (to a certain degree) is not considered as an error and is not covered by the warranty. If you are in doubt, please contact your dealer/workshop. They have tools to judge.
- Some adjustment can be made in brightness and contrast settings to reduce the mura effect.

The fact that the right side of your TV gets warmer can be explained bij the fact that the Power Supply Unit is located there. This PSU has a what higher heat dissipation.

Regards,
JuAn

NaC
10-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Juan,
Thank you very much for your detailed response. It is true, this "clouding" is normal behavior of LDC technology TVs.
For this reason, I replaced this model with 42pfl6007 and now it much better, there is now clouding at all.
Thank you again :)