PDA

View Full Version : SOUND ON ALL PHILIPS TV's

xdavorx
09-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi everyone!
Can somebody tell me what is up with audio support on 42pfl4007 (or 3000 series - 9000 series). If have downloaded a movie with DTS sound, put it on my USB stick, or my network - TV can't read it. It reads only video and it says that audio format is not supported.Tried it on 8000 series - it is the same! Every Samsung and LG from 2011 year reads it normally, just like that. Why does Philips have that problem? It is year 2012! Is this even possible? I'am dissaponited:(. Come on Philips staff, tell me how can I resolve this problem.

Thanks for your answer...

Toengel
09-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Hi,

search the forum... DTS is not supported on Philips TVs (it's also not stated in the data steet or manual as supported codec).

Toengel@Alex

Manuel
09-23-2012, 01:09 PM
DTS it's not supported by Philips Tv's, and I think there's no plans to support it.

xdavorx
09-25-2012, 07:11 PM
OK, thanks for your answer - I know it is not supported, but WHY???
What is the deal? Is this some kind of Philips advantage over its rivals? Or perhaps it is expensive to embedd this ordinary support, when producing TVs? Can't understand this...
Is there any kind of solution or just to sell the TV and buy Samsung and never ever buy Philips again?
Hi,

search the forum... DTS is not supported on Philips TVs (it's also not stated in the data steet or manual as supported codec).

Toengel@Alex

xdavorx
09-25-2012, 07:11 PM
DTS it's not supported by Philips Tv's, and I think there's no plans to support it.

OK, thanks for your answer - I know it is not supported, but WHY???
What is the deal? Is this some kind of Philips advantage over its rivals? Or perhaps it is expensive to embedd this ordinary support, when producing TVs? Can't understand this...
Is there any kind of solution or just to sell the TV and buy Samsung and never ever buy Philips again?