PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Does Not Detect the Philips Connect MP3 Player

Pelican
09-24-2012, 06:15 AM
I have a Philips Gogear Connect 3 (SA3CNT16K/37) with the Android operating system. I use a Philips retractable USB cable to charge the battery. The retractable cable works as advertised for battery charging. However, Windows 7 (32-bit) does not detect the MP3 player in the charging mode or the operating mode. Likewise, Windows 7 does not detect the player when used in the wireless mode.

I suspect the Android operating system may be a contributor to this problem. The Android system is a nice-to-have feature but (for my purposes) is not an essential requirement. Is it possible to uninstall the Android program and replace it with another operating system? If so, what is the best alternative system known to be compatible with the Philips Songbird application? Thanks to all for your help!

Oscar
10-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Well did you try with a different PC to see if that helps? Just for short testing

Pelican
10-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Well did you try with a different PC to see if that helps? Just for short testing

Oscar, thanks for the suggestion. I didn't try a different PC but I did try five different USB cables. As it turns out, that was the problem! When connected with the "right" USB cable, my PC detected the Philips MP3 player.

All of the USB cables worked in the charging mode; but only 2 out of 5 worked in the PC/MP3 connect mode. For reasons unknow (to me) some cables work and others do not. The Philips retractable cable (and certain other USB cables) will not work with the Philips Connect 3 MP3 player.

The Android operating system does not appear to be related to the USB cable issue. However, "drivers" for the Philips Connect MP3 player are built into the Philips Songbird software. Consequently, Philips Songbird (as well as the "right" USB cable) is required for purposes of PC/MP3 connectivity.