PDA

View Full Version : 42pfl7662d/12 problems with memory and reset

robyjet
09-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Hello my 42pfl7662d/12 has two major problems (plus other minor...)
The first is that after scanning and memorizing the digital channels, after some time that tv is shut-off I can'find part of the memorized channels.
I hoped resolving this preblem by resetting with the "menu" button on tv, but it doesn't operate.
Last, the tv doesn't automatically switch to scart input when dvd recorder is activated.
Should I start to think my tv is completely malfunctioning ?
Mant thanks for your attention.
Roberto Nardi

Philips - Rafe
09-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi Roberto,

I'm very sorry to see you're having problems with your televison :(

How long has this issue been occurring? Have you tried a new SCART cable at all?

I wouldn't start thinking your television is completely broken :( we'll always try our best to resolve any issue you have :)

^Rafe

Hello my 42pfl7662d/12 has two major problems (plus other minor...)
The first is that after scanning and memorizing the digital channels, after some time that tv is shut-off I can'find part of the memorized channels.
I hoped resolving this preblem by resetting with the "menu" button on tv, but it doesn't operate.
Last, the tv doesn't automatically switch to scart input when dvd recorder is activated.
Should I start to think my tv is completely malfunctioning ?
Mant thanks for your attention.
Roberto Nardi

zagmi
10-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Hello,
I have the same problem with my tv, have you got any info how to resolve the problem with the memorizing the digital channels?
Many thanks,
Joe

Philips - Rafe
11-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Hi zagmi,

Sorry to see you're having problems with your TV too.

Can you confirm the model number of your television is 42PFL7662D? :)

Rafe

Hello,
I have the same problem with my tv, have you got any info how to resolve the problem with the memorizing the digital channels?
Many thanks,
Joe

zagmi
11-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Hello,
Yes, it is a 42PFL7662D / 05.
Please if you have any information about this fault let me know about it.
Many thanks,

Hi zagmi,

Sorry to see you're having problems with your TV too.

Can you confirm the model number of your television is 42PFL7662D? :)

Rafe

zagmi
11-03-2012, 06:49 PM
After reading some pages on the internet, I found a page which said to press the menu button on the remote, and simultaneously to press the menu button on the TV as well.
Now the TV does not forgot the digital channel list, however it is still not working properly. For the first time when I power it(using the remote) on it works well, but when I power it on second time, it keeps saying that No signal found.
If I turn it off from the side power button on the tv, and turn it on again, it works again until is turned off with the remote and turned on again.
Pressing the two Menu buttons was supposed to open the service menu, which it didn't, just did a reset.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Joe

Hello,
Yes, it is a 42PFL7662D / 05.
Please if you have any information about this fault let me know about it.
Many thanks,

Philips - Rafe
11-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Hi zagmi,

Can you confirm you're in London?

I think it's probably best if we arrange for your television to be physically inspected, so once I know where you are then I'll get you the contact details :)

^Rafe

After reading some pages on the internet, I found a page which said to press the menu button on the remote, and simultaneously to press the menu button on the TV as well.
Now the TV does not forgot the digital channel list, however it is still not working properly. For the first time when I power it(using the remote) on it works well, but when I power it on second time, it keeps saying that No signal found.
If I turn it off from the side power button on the tv, and turn it on again, it works again until is turned off with the remote and turned on again.
Pressing the two Menu buttons was supposed to open the service menu, which it didn't, just did a reset.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Joe

zagmi
11-05-2012, 07:38 AM
yes, I live in London, in Twickenham to be more specific.

Hi zagmi,

Can you confirm you're in London?

I think it's probably best if we arrange for your television to be physically inspected, so once I know where you are then I'll get you the contact details :)

^Rafe

Philips - Rafe
11-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Hi zagmi,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly :)

You can give us a call using the numbers on the link below, and we'll be able to look into this further for you :)

http://www.support.philips.com/support/contact/contact_page.jsp?userLanguage=en&userCountry=gb

^Rafe

yes, I live in London, in Twickenham to be more specific.

zagmi
11-07-2012, 05:06 PM
I would prefer to email or write through this forum.
Thank you
Joe

Hi zagmi,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly :)

You can give us a call using the numbers on the link below, and we'll be able to look into this further for you :)

http://www.support.philips.com/support/contact/contact_page.jsp?userLanguage=en&userCountry=gb

^Rafe