PDA

View Full Version : Record one channel and watch another, only 1 usb port etc.

40pfl6636h/12
09-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Hi there,

I've got a new 40pfl6636h/12 TV. It looks great but the usability is disappointing. For example how can I record on one channel and watch another channel? How can I do that without stopping the recording?

I found out that there is only 1 usb-port, how inconvenient if i need a port for my wi-fi dongel, one for my harddisk to record and one for another harddisk to watch movies?

Another question, why is it not possible to use one harddisk to record and to watch downloaded movies?

Last question, i also have a philips dvd player. If i want to record on one channel, i cannot watch a dvd movie? How can i fix this?

Kind regards!

Philips - Marco
09-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Hi there,

I've got a new 40pfl6636h/12 TV. It looks great but the usability is disappointing. For example how can I record on one channel and watch another channel? How can I do that without stopping the recording?

It is only possible to record the program you're currently watching or set up a recording while the television is on standby.

I found out that there is only 1 usb-port, how inconvenient if i need a port for my wi-fi dongel, one for my harddisk to record and one for another harddisk to watch movies?

If you need extra USB connectors, you can use a USB hub.
However If you are using a USB hub, do not connect any other USB device to the TV when you are formatting the USB hard disk.

Another question, why is it not possible to use one harddisk to record and to watch downloaded movies?

For copyright reason, the USB hard drive is formatted exclusively for this TV. You cannot use the stored recordings on another TV or PC. It's not possible to copy or change the recording files on the USB hard disk through any PC application. This will corrupt the recordings.

Last question, i also have a philips dvd player. If i want to record on one channel, i cannot watch a dvd movie? How can i fix this?

It would be possible to watch another source, like the dvd movie while recording.

For further information you can find the instruction manual for the 40pfl6636h/12 here (http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl6636h_12/40pfl6636h_12_dfu_eng.pdf)

Regards,
Marco