PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.92.0 for 4xx7 and 5xx7 series (2012 models)

Philips - Rafe
09-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Hello all,

Please use this post to share your experiences with this new SW version. Using your input will make it easier for others to search and find relevant information.

Regards,
^Rafe

IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". So, after the TV has restarted, shut down the TV and wait 2 minutes (untill all components are shut down). Then, unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.

This latest software version solves the issues below:
Q554E_0.92.0.0
Picture is distorted when you switch from HDMI 3D content to analog channels.
Subtitle is shown in strange colours.
Analogue services are not available in channel grid.

japao
09-26-2012, 12:44 PM
firmware 0.92 no correct bug disconecting DLNA after 20 - 30 minutes playing , when this critical error disabling features tv repaired?

this bug http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7992-40PFL7605H-12-DLNA-works-only-a-few-minutes

same also in 47pfl4307h fw 0.91 0.92

Myremote SimplyShare also broken after a few minutes searching device, I have to recover off the tv media render and then on again in the myremote SimplyShare devices found.

This error may be associated with an error of network connections for DLNA player on tv. Because if a failure to change ip address and some other non-existent and then back, DLNA player working again for some time about 30 minutes.

bogaty
09-26-2012, 06:35 PM
I updated to newest firmware and still notice ghosting.My 40PFL5507 has samsung panel.This happened when i play games on this TV, the game is rainbow six vegas 2 on xbox 360 conected via HDMI, game mode enabled.Link to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KPrc_UTF4A&feature=plcp

giordan
09-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Hi, my impression is that the transition from version 90 to 91 and not resolved in 92, there was a significant loss of video quality, with the appearance of effects "tearing" and "ghosting" really unpleasant, so much so that I turn off all the mechanisms of enhancement, such as "HD Natural Motion", without solving the problem entirely. If it were possible I would prefer to go back to firmware 90 which looked much better

mmajis
10-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Version 0.92.0 is still playing sound on headphone out for a minute or so every morning between 5:30 and 6:00 am.

There's been guesses that this is related to enabled automatic channel updates and channel update messages. I've turned both of these off and still heard the sound in the morning.

While it is not a problem to have a pair of headphones lying on a table make sound for a minute, it is a problem if there's desktop stereo speakers attached to headphone out and the sound wakes everyone up :)

tali
10-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Hello all,

Please use this post to share your experiences with this new SW version. Using your input will make it easier for others to search and find relevant information.

Regards,
^Rafe

IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". So, after the TV has restarted, shut down the TV and wait 2 minutes (untill all components are shut down). Then, unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for a few minutes before starting again.

This latest software version solves the issues below:
Q554E_0.92.0.0
• Picture is distorted when you switch from HDMI 3D content to analog channels.
• Subtitle is shown in strange colours.
• Analogue services are not available in channel grid.

Hi all,I'm new here! I recently purchased a 40/5007K.TV did the update itself and there was no warning re restart .How could a user possibly know it needed a restart and unplugging if they didnt read this forum? Does the update still work without restart and unplugging?

tali
10-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Hi, my impression is that the transition from version 90 to 91 and not resolved in 92, there was a significant loss of video quality, with the appearance of effects "tearing" and "ghosting" really unpleasant, so much so that I turn off all the mechanisms of enhancement, such as "HD Natural Motion", without solving the problem entirely. If it were possible I would prefer to go back to firmware 90 which looked much better

I felt a loss of picture quality but I'm not sure it really caused by the update.Still I would prefer to go back to my earlier version! Is it possible?

giordan
10-08-2012, 04:48 PM
I felt a loss of picture quality but I'm not sure it really caused by the update.Still I would prefer to go back to my earlier version! Is it possible?

No, it is not possible unfortunately. Version 0.90 was much better, from 0.91 moving images are a real disaster, there appear many clusters of pixels in a squares, and the images are not as sharp as they were before, and the same thing happens with version 0.92. I wait for a new version that solves these problems, hoping that someone in the development of the firmware reads this forum.... or that a good person tell me how to downgrade to 0.90!!!

anony-mouse
10-08-2012, 08:10 PM
My TV tried half a dozen times to do an OTA (via WiFi connection) update; but each time after waiting minutes for the download to complete, the message was something like, cannot complete the update, disconnect all USB devices and try again. There were NO USB, or even HDMI devices connected. In the end, I downloaded on PC to a USB and installed Q554E_0.92.0.0 from there. BTW: I noticed that the new FW improved the TV's responses to the remote button presses.

mistrzb
10-09-2012, 05:53 AM
Still sound drops when Clear LCD enabled!

tomekfsx
10-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Still sound drops when Clear LCD enabled!

You're right.

On my new Yamaha receiver there are still sound drops even via HDMI. But Philips said that it's not a TV problem :-(

I've send my TV to local Philips service but after one week of testing I've received an answer that my LCD is OK...

When my LCD returned to me, sound drops are still exist.

I've found in other forums that this is a "Philips way" to solve problems :-( In the service center LCD's are OK but in customer houses are still with problems...

As I said before, it's my last Philips LCD. NEVER AGAIN!

mistrzb
10-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Same problem was in 7605 series which i got. After 2 years!! problem's gone, but today is back in new series with many others bugs. SHAME on you Philips!

tali
10-09-2012, 02:41 PM
No, it is not possible unfortunately. Version 0.90 was much better, from 0.91 moving images are a real disaster, there appear many clusters of pixels in a squares, and the images are not as sharp as they were before, and the same thing happens with version 0.92. I wait for a new version that solves these problems, hoping that someone in the development of the firmware reads this forum.... or that a good person tell me how to downgrade to 0.90!!!

I want my earlier version back or a new update fixing the deterioration in the picture quality ...or my money back!! Could moderators assure us that they would let the firmware people know about these issues?

giordan
10-09-2012, 03:16 PM
I want my earlier version back or a new update fixing the deterioration in the picture quality ...or my money back!! Could moderators assure us that they would let the firmware people know about these issues?

So you confirm the images degradation... I found a way to downgrade the firmware but I need the file version 0.90 ... any ideas?

tali
10-09-2012, 04:57 PM
So you confirm the images degradation... I found a way to downgrade the firmware but I need the file version 0.90 ... any ideas?

I can confirm it only for older episodes of Two and a Half Men which I'm viewing regularly.For other content not sure!They were in demo quality HD but just after the upgrade they've had a grainy appearence.I see no other reason.
Re downgrade if you can find a solution let us know!

giordan
10-09-2012, 05:16 PM
I can confirm it only for older episodes of Two and a Half Men which I'm viewing regularly.For other content not sure!They were in demo quality HD but just after the upgrade they've had a grainy appearence.I see no other reason.
Re downgrade if you can find a solution let us know!

Before I tell you how to do the downgrade, I would like to try on my tv, so not to cause damage to yours!!! Of course Philips don't mantain a collection of old firmwares, so we must search in our downloads for the right file.

Philips - Benedickte
10-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi all.

I can confirm there is someone from Philips monitoring these forums and reporting issues that you are telling us about.
We appriciate all the comments, not only issues you are experiencing but also improvments in the new software :)

Thank you.
Best regards,
Benedickte

giordan
10-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi all.

I can confirm there is someone from Philips monitoring these forums and reporting issues that you are telling us about.
We appriciate all the comments, not only issues you are experiencing but also improvments in the new software :)

Thank you.
Best regards,
Benedickte

Very well, in addition to solving the problems mentioned above, it would be nice to provide a function "go at time" in the media player without having to fastforward a video to get to the point to look at, for example.
Or a list of the channels more compact and easy to scroll, changing screen for example using the keys of advancement ffwd and rew.
In the media player, also the ability to scroll the list of files by holding down the up and down without having to continually repeat the pressure of the button.
Bye

johan81
10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Dare I say it again? ;) DTS downmix support?

mistrzb
10-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Let's make a list of our ideas. Several simple (maybe) improvments:
1. One page on screen menu (without slow and useless animation) At least menu option "simple menu"- "advance-menu"
2. Simpler scrolling channel list with faster sorting (now it's horrible to change anything)
3. Disable Clear LCD default in all presettings (sound drops!)
4. GoTo feature in media player
5. DTS support (downmix maybe)
6. One button picture settings
7. One button EPG, sleep timer
8. 6-7 or function buttons (colored) to define

SQT
10-11-2012, 10:00 PM
I wish I could change the headphone output volume by using the remote control.

Wesley
10-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Hi,

Ever since I upgraded to Q554E-0.92.0.0_bld37a on my Philips 42PFL4307H/12 TV, I can't get HDMI to properly work. All it does is show my PC screen for 5 seconds, then go all crazy and haywire with lines all over the screen, then black for 20 seconds, and repeat. I bought this TV just so I could hook it up to my PC, but this is really REALLY annoying me.

When will a new software update be out? Or will downgrading help, and how do I go about doing that?

stanchiam
10-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Dear Philips,

I have just bought a 40PFL5507H/12 3d Smart LED TV few days ago and it auto updated to 0.92.
I tried to play a 1080p BluRay 3D mp4 using the usb and it can play
The problem is the picture only display in side by side format
I tried to choose the 3d side by side but it and other options is grey out, only 2d and 2d to 3d conversion can be selected.
My friend's LG and Samsung 3d LED Tv can play it in 3d and can select the 3d option without any issue.
Is this due to my TV being faulty or Philips firmware have problem?
Can anyone knows why other brand can play it in 3d while philips cannot
Is this a real 3d TV?
Philips please help and do look into it.

giordan
10-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Dear Philips,

I have just bought a 40PFL5507H/12 3d Smart LED TV few days ago and it auto updated to 0.92.
I tried to play a 1080p BluRay 3D mp4 using the usb and it can play
The problem is the picture only display in side by side format
I tried to choose the 3d side by side but it and other options is grey out, only 2d and 2d to 3d conversion can be selected.
My friend's LG and Samsung 3d LED Tv can play it in 3d and can select the 3d option without any issue.
Is this due to my TV being faulty or Philips firmware have problem?
Can anyone knows why other brand can play it in 3d while philips cannot
Is this a real 3d TV?
Philips please help and do look into it.

I can advise you because I've already searched for a solution to the problem

Check the resolution of the video, it MUST be EXACTLY 1920x1080 or 1280x720, otherwise you have no ability to activate 3D mode (side by side or up / down). If your mkv have a different resolution (even a single pixel), you must extract the audio / video streams, apply a filter to resize the video, and re-encoding (with a program that can do it like AViDemux).
I hope this helps you.
Bye

Racker
10-12-2012, 09:13 AM
I wish I could change the headphone output volume by using the remote control.

I second that.. It should be an easy-to-do change in the firmware.

A bit more advanced (not sure if this is doable): I'd also like to have an option in settings to have the Toslink (optical) audio output react to the RC. Rightnow I've connected my 32PFL4007H/12 to the pre- amp of my audioset; if I'd have a way to control the audio- output from the TV I'd be able to connect the set directly to the main amp.

stanchiam
10-12-2012, 12:34 PM
I can advise you because I've already searched for a solution to the problem

Check the resolution of the video, it MUST be EXACTLY 1920x1080 or 1280x720, otherwise you have no ability to activate 3D mode (side by side or up / down). If your mkv have a different resolution (even a single pixel), you must extract the audio / video streams, apply a filter to resize the video, and re-encoding (with a program that can do it like AViDemux).
I hope this helps you.
Bye

very helpful indeed if this works
philips should give us the control if we want to choose the 3d option
their intention is good for the auto detecting feature, but due to the strict rule and disabling the 3d option
they have not given us the freedom to choose and has taken away our rights
hope philips can change it in the next firmware release, this is annoying when there is feature disabled

i downloaded AViDemux and want to re-encode since it is 1916 x1078
how do i do it ?

Philips - Benedickte
10-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi Wesley.

Could you please post a picture or film of this issue you are experiencing? How often does this happen?

Have you tried another PC and what is the result of this?

Does this happen to any other HDMI device (not PC)?

Best regards,
Benedickte

Philips - Benedickte
10-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Hi guys.

For you guys mentioning that the picture quality has dropped, could you all please confirm to me the following:
1. How has it droppped? What exactly is the difference? Could you guys please explain as good as you can.
2. When exactly did this start?
3. Could you please send full model number, serial number and software version to me (PM is ok)?

Thank you,
Best regards,
Benedickte

giordan
10-12-2012, 11:02 PM
i downloaded AViDemux and want to re-encode since it is 1916 x1078
how do i do it ?

set video filter resize on right size (1920x1080) and save video as avi (xvid)... if you search on web you found all the how-to for AviDemux, be patient, it could be a long operation...

giordan
10-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Hi guys.

For you guys mentioning that the picture quality has dropped, could you all please confirm to me the following:
1. How has it droppped? What exactly is the difference? Could you guys please explain as good as you can.
3. Could you please send full model number, serial number and software version to me (PM is ok)?

Thank you,
Best regards,
Benedickte

Done via PM!

tali
10-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi guys.

Thank you,
Best regards,
Benedickte

Done via PM!

bogaty
10-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Can philips add the feature like LCD overdrive to improve the response time on 5507 panel?.It would be great.

RomanB
10-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Today I tried to use the 3D function on my 40 inch 5537H model. Before it worked fine, but now (both) the shutter glasses are shutting off instantly for a couple of seconds, and start working again after a while. They are fully charged and I already choose putting the factory settings back, but without luck. Because both glasses are shutting off simultaneously, I guess there is a problem with the infrared signal from the TV, or a problem with the software. It doesn't work with any 3D function, so with 2D to 3D occurs the same problem. Any help, tips, tricks, or do I just bring the TV back to the shop?

bogaty
10-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Today I tried to use the 3D function on my 40 inch 5537H model. Before it worked fine, but now (both) the shutter glasses are shutting off instantly for a couple of seconds, and start working again after a while. They are fully charged and I already choose putting the factory settings back, but without luck. Because both glasses are shutting off simultaneously, I guess there is a problem with the infrared signal from the TV, or a problem with the software. It doesn't work with any 3D function, so with 2D to 3D occurs the same problem. Any help, tips, tricks, or do I just bring the TV back to the shop?
Just move closer to the TV, it should help

RomanB
10-13-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm 10 feet, about 3 meters away from it..

Racker
10-13-2012, 09:57 PM

That can't be the problem then.. Can you try another pair of glasses, to determine if it's the glasses or the TV?

If you're sure it's the TV you could try switching it off, pulling the plug from the power-socket ("de stekker uit het stopcontact") and waiting for approx. ten minutes. Then plug back in, restart the TV and see if the problem still occurs.

bogaty
10-13-2012, 10:42 PM

I watch mine 40PFL5507 from the distance 1.5m maybe closer.With further distance i'm getting same problem like your's.

RomanB
10-13-2012, 11:05 PM
I watch mine 40PFL5507 from the distance 1.5m maybe closer.With further distance i'm getting same problem like your's.

The perfect distance to watch 3D is, if we believe the people from Philips themselves, a minimum of 3 metres. Besides, until today I never had the problem, and watched many 3D movies successfully.

Bedankt Racker, i'm gonna try that tomorrow morning.

Wesley
10-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Hi Wesley.

Could you please post a picture or film of this issue you are experiencing? How often does this happen?

Have you tried another PC and what is the result of this?

Does this happen to any other HDMI device (not PC)?

Best regards,
Benedickte

Film: http://youtu.be/hSdeFurvz3k I have not tried another PC, will do that tomorrow. I don't have any other HDMI devices, sadly, but it has never happened this update :/. I'm not noticing anything else that has improved, so is there any way to go back to the former firmware?

Oh, and I can't watch TV now, because it's stuck on HDMI. It shows the loading bar, then more flickering, and then back at the HDMI channel. It'll show in the video. In the beginning I aim at my PC to get light to shine at my remote, so you can see I'm not pressing any buttons.

This is seriously annoying the hell out of me. :/

edit: turning it off is not really an option, seeing as it won't let me. :<

edit: unplugging HDMI cable from TV results in same thing, flickering >_>

AJPM
10-14-2012, 07:47 PM
I have a 32"pfl 5507H with portuguese language.
I've had installed the 0.79 software version that came with the TV ,witch the EGP did not work and the TV stucked. Next I installed the 0.91 and it solved the EPG situation but sometimes the TV stucked with no reason, showing the loading bar. I need to unplug the TV from the energy supply, and the replug it to continue to use the device.

Finally I installed the 0.92 software version and the problem persists. What should I do?

Philips - Benedickte
10-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Film: http://youtu.be/hSdeFurvz3k I have not tried another PC, will do that tomorrow. I don't have any other HDMI devices, sadly, but it has never happened this update :/. I'm not noticing anything else that has improved, so is there any way to go back to the former firmware?

Oh, and I can't watch TV now, because it's stuck on HDMI. It shows the loading bar, then more flickering, and then back at the HDMI channel. It'll show in the video. In the beginning I aim at my PC to get light to shine at my remote, so you can see I'm not pressing any buttons.

This is seriously annoying the hell out of me. :/

edit: turning it off is not really an option, seeing as it won't let me. :<

edit: unplugging HDMI cable from TV results in same thing, flickering >_>

Hi Wesley.

Thank you for this upload and information. I can understand this is annoying for you.

Please try to reinstall the TV, and then contact your local customer service for further assistance regarding what you are experiencing.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Toengel
10-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi,

a new firmware 93.0 has been released. Please use the following thread for your feedback: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?8488-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-93-0-for-4xx7-and-5xx7-series-(2012-models)&p=43055#post43055

Toengel@Alex