PDA

View Full Version : please help : problem with Philips DS8550 Battary

mohamed.shinnawy
09-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi Support team,

kindly advise me, I am facing a problem with my Philips DS8550 Battery, it doesn't charge anymore , it works only with AC power supply.
I bought this device from Kuwait and it was working properly , but when i brought it to Egypt i faced this problem.

Kindly advise.

Mohamed Saad
mohamed.shinnawy@hotmail.com

SharkyRich
10-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi

I have had the same problem with my DS8550, straight out of the box the battery does not charge.

I have had a replacement sent to me and again I have the same issue.

Does anyone know what the issue could be and how it could be rectified?

Regards

Rich

Oscar
10-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Mmm...interesting what serial numbers do you guys have?

Philips - Remko
10-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Dear Mohamed and SharkyRich,

Please get in contact with your local call centre http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?locale_org=my_en

Kind regards,

SharkyRich
10-03-2012, 10:16 AM
The first one is LM1E1217045939.

Dont have access to the second serial code will let you know later tonight.

I am concerned that the batch held at the Philips online shop could be an issue.

Will ask for another replacement and fingers crossed this one will work!

SharkyRich
10-03-2012, 10:17 PM
replacement serial: LM1E1219046715

kwinnie
10-09-2012, 06:53 AM
replacement serial: LM1E1219046715

Hi there,
may I know which country you are in ? :D

SharkyRich
10-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi there,
may I know which country you are in ? :D

United Kingdom / England

NelD
11-11-2012, 09:26 AM
I had the same issue. The store replaced the first unit which I only purchased two weeks ago but have returned home with the replacement and have had exactly the same thing happen with this one. Have sent an email to Philips to investigate as I don't think the store will be so helpful if I return this one and tell them it isn't working either They said they had sold a lot and had not had any issues but I'm wondering if the other purchasers may not have tried to charge it and use it with just the built in battery. Am awaiting a response from Philips before I return this one to the store. Not a happy customer!

Oscar
11-12-2012, 12:17 PM
And whats your serial? looks like a wrong batch

CAlberto
03-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Hi Support team,

kindly advise me, I am facing a problem with my Philips DS8550 Battery, it doesn't charge anymore , it works only with AC power supply.
I bought this device from Kuwait and it was working properly , but when i brought it to Egypt i faced this problem.

Kindly advise.

Mohamed Saad
mohamed.shinnawy@hotmail.com

Hello guys,
I have the same problem when I removed the machine from the box and plugged bore 50% of battery.

When I turned on the power to recharge, she never charged.

I'am form Portugal, but the machine came from spain.

Sory my bad english

salute

Philips - Tereza
03-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Dear CAlberto,

I have sent you a PM. Please kindly refer to your inbox messages.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Tereza

langers1972
03-26-2013, 05:31 PM
I have exactly the same issue with my unit which was a replacement for my original one that just died completely, this is not a good look for something that costs $399 here in New Zealand. I am not a happy bunny, especially after reading that this isn't an uncommon problem

Philips - Tereza
03-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Dear langers1972,

I have sent you a PM. Kindly check your inbox messages.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

langers1972
04-09-2013, 05:38 AM
I have exactly the same issue with my unit which was a replacement for my original one that just died completely, this is not a good look for something that costs $399 here in New Zealand. I am not a happy bunny, especially after reading that this isn't an uncommon problem

Well, I've had the second unit replaced and the third one has exactly the same issue and the dock battery won't charge. I'm just about ready to forget this thing, such a shame as the sound quality is awesome.

Asbak
05-21-2013, 09:15 PM
I too have the same problem. Bought it in february and after the first charge it just wouldn't charge again. Now it only runs when it is connected the AC power. What's the problem here? Can it be fixed?

langers1972
05-21-2013, 09:52 PM
I too have the same problem. Bought it in february and after the first charge it just wouldn't charge again. Now it only runs when it is connected the AC power. What's the problem here? Can it be fixed?

Yes it can be fixed by changing the onboard battery but your local service centre will have to do it. Mine is now working but I still wasn't happy about having a week old unit taken and refurbished but every new one I've had has this problem, shocking build quality

Vaga
05-27-2013, 10:07 AM
hi asbak,

langers1972 is correct. unfortunately, you have to contact your local Philips service centre and they will be able to fix it for you.

@langers1972 - that's very unfortunate, hope the last unit will work forever! :)

langers1972
03-21-2014, 11:29 PM
I don't believe it, the replacement one has now died too, at least they're consistent in so far as they're all RUBBISH