View Full Version : HTS7500/12 keeps giving the error 'Unknown Disc'

10-01-2012, 09:20 PM

I hope someone can help me. An error keep coming back. I can't play any Blu-Ray discs, DVD's or CD's. It keeps telling me that it's an 'Unknown Disc'. The weird thing is that i the rest works, I don't have any problems with my speakers or with the USB drive and it works with my TV.

I have tried to reset it, plugged it off and by udating the software but nothing seems to help. Can someone help me please.

10-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Unknown disc is service..........

12-02-2012, 10:51 AM
I have the same problem, discs that used to load will not anymore saying UNKNOWN DISC, I used to get round this by pulling out the mains plug but this will not work anymore. I have now found that if the disc is region free or regions A B C they load OK! Just bought an LG and love it!

Philips - Katerina
08-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips Katerina