PDA

View Full Version : Movie stops after 1,5 GB data is played

mphaan
10-02-2012, 01:41 PM
I have a problem with playing movies from several DLNA servers as well as from any USB stick os USB hard disk.
After running any type of movie a certain timeperiod (before the movie is finished) the movie just stops and the next movie starts.
The time period is different for each movie, always at the same point for a specific movie and only seems to occur with 'larger'movies.
I tested it with several movies and the time period seems exactly the amount of time needed to stream about 1.5 GB.

My 40pfl7605 has the very latest firmware (000.140.047.000, 2012-03-22) installed.

There was a post with this problem but it was closed without reason or any solution. Please don't close this post without a solution.
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2273-Movie-stop-after-about-1-5-GB-datastream&highlight=movie+stops

Richter1k
10-11-2012, 10:20 AM
I tested it with several movies and the time period seems exactly the amount of time needed to stream about 1.5 GB.
and which amount of time is that?

Philips - Benedickte
10-11-2012, 02:29 PM
I have a problem with playing movies from several DLNA servers as well as from any USB stick os USB hard disk.
After running any type of movie a certain timeperiod (before the movie is finished) the movie just stops and the next movie starts.
The time period is different for each movie, always at the same point for a specific movie and only seems to occur with 'larger'movies.

My 40pfl7605 has the very latest firmware (000.140.047.000, 2012-03-22) installed.

There was a post with this problem but it was closed without reason or any solution. Please don't close this post without a solution.
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2273-Movie-stop-after-about-1-5-GB-datastream&highlight=movie+stops

Hi Mphaan.

Welcome to the forums.

Could you please confirm to me the following:
1. What movies (examples) does this happen on?
- About what time on each movie does these stops?
- What is the size of these movies?
2. Where have you got these files from? (downloaded, digital copy etc), if not digital copy , could you please try this and see if you're experiencing the same.
3. I can see you've mentioned "several DLNA servers", What servers are these?
4. Have you tried these files from other streaming devices? (example bluray player, Media player etc) and what is the result of this?

Best regards,
Benedickte

mphaan
10-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Hi Mphaan.

Welcome to the forums.

Could you please confirm to me the following:
1. What movies (examples) does this happen on?
- About what time on each movie does these stops?
- What is the size of these movies?
2. Where have you got these files from? (downloaded, digital copy etc), if not digital copy , could you please try this and see if you're experiencing the same.
3. I can see you've mentioned "several DLNA servers", What servers are these?
4. Have you tried these files from other streaming devices? (example bluray player, Media player etc) and what is the result of this?

Best regards,
Benedickte

The movies are all downloaded from Usenet and are in the XVID format in an avi container format. (I will try and check if H264 has the same problem.) I will try to create a reproducible testcase for you with a 'NZB file' and a 'time it stops'.
The movies are all bigger than 1.4 GB.
The DLNA server I work with is MediaTomb on Ubuntu 12.4 but the problem is easier reproduced with a simple USB stick from which the movie is played. No need for a network to reproduce.
The movies play fine and my computers with VLC player or Windows Media Player. I tested many times to find that the file is definitely not the source of the problem. DVD's from a DVD player play fine, no problems there either.

Marc

rafetstef
10-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Hi,

I do have the same problem. I'am currently testing a Philips BRP6000 (I have 5 days left to return it to the shop) and I just firgured out that the XVID-encoded .avi files can't be played fully.
I don't encounter this problem with ffmpeg-MPEG4 encoded .AVI files (other problems with that codec... but we can read the file completly).

I don't know if 1.5G of data is the limit as my xvid files are 700Mb long... but there's definitely a problem. I haven't tested with larger files right now.

I only use the DLNA service (I don't use USB device) and I'm using the Serviio DLNA server without transcoding.

When using the mediatomb DLNA server, I have the same problems; (I don't use mediatomb as I can't rewind or pause through the interface, but it's yet another problem and another thread :))

Hope I will get a quick answer as whether this problem is reproducible at Philips' labs and will be fixed in a new release of the firmware.

I don't want to give back this player at the shop, but I only have 5 days to decide.

Thanks for the answer !

mphaan
11-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Ok tested with a movie. The movie stops after 82 minutes and 42 seconds.
Video Codec: MPEG-4 (XVID)
Resolution: 720x304
Frame rate: 25
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Audio Codec: A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)
Channels: 3F2R/LFE
Sample rate: 48000 Hz
Bitrate: 384 kb/s

Marc

mphaan
12-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Yesterday I tested with a 2.6 GB film in the H.264 format and that was no problem.
Until now, only and all files with the divx format encounter above described Philips bug.

Marc