PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start?

MattinGva
10-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Takes ages to connect to my wifi network.
Internet radio stations play for 20 minutes then unit starts buffering - and becomes unresponsive to remote control. The only option is to disconnect and reconnect the power.
Unit stops uploading contents of hard drive at 17%.
Unit freezes between functions.
None of the other devices connected to wifi network have any connection problems.
Philips customer phone support is next to useless.
Unless someone comes up with a miracle solution, my Mci8080 looks headed for the junk pile.
What a waste of money! :mad:

chrisdude
10-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Well.... same here:
- Got to pull the plug regularly because it does not respond to anything.
- Android app quits most of the time
- HDD is regularly not found on my home network
- Quits during radio streams

First thought it had to do with my home network. Just moved to a new place and have a new provider and new network... still the same problem. The MCi is the only device giving these kind of problems.

I check for software updates regularly and then it prompts "your device is up-to-date, no software update needed".... Well, I think it is needed, but not available.

Like the hardware, hate the software.

Oscar
10-12-2012, 11:46 AM
No need to ask if latest firmware is installed? What distance to router (for internetradio crash)? WIred or wireless.

Which apps? Which phone?

Was HDD formatted already?

chrisdude
10-12-2012, 12:02 PM
No need to ask if latest firmware is installed? What distance to router (for internetradio crash)? WIred or wireless.

Which apps? Which phone?

Was HDD formatted already?

- Latest firmware installed
- Wireless
- Distance to router: 4m
- HTC Desire
- HDD formatted

I was concidering using a wired connection, but I suppose that I can't use the app on my phone then (also....I bought the thing for its wireless functionalies, so it would be quite misarable if that causes all issues.)

lucas1970
10-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Which router are you using and which encryption? Did you already try with different one?