PDA

View Full Version : 42PFL8404H/12: spanish TV suitable to use it on the UK?

albertocurro
10-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi,

We have this TV and we are moving to the UK from Madrid (Spain). I would like to know if this model is suitable and ready to use there (digital TV - TDT)?

Regards
Alberto

Philips - Benedickte
10-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi,

We have this TV and we are moving to the UK from Madrid (Spain). I would like to know if this model is suitable and ready to use there (digital TV - TDT)?

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto.

Welcome to the forums.

This TV has a tuner supporting DVB-T and DVB-C. To be able to watch freeview and HD channels you will be needing a setop box.

Also an Adaptor forthe plug is needed as it's a 3 pin plug in the UK and not 2 pin plug.

Best regards,
Benedickte

albertocurro
10-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Hi Alberto.

Welcome to the forums.

This TV has a tuner supporting DVB-T and DVB-C. To be able to watch freeview and HD channels you will be needing a setop box.

Also an Adaptor forthe plug is needed as it's a 3 pin plug in the UK and not 2 pin plug.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Hi Benedickte,

thank you for your kind answer. I guessed it won't work with freeview, you just confirm it. Anyway we were thinking on BSkyB (a STB is needed anyway) and as it's a great TV and we will go on moving it to the UK :)

Again, thanks.

Alberto

albertocurro
12-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi Benedickte,

thank you for your kind answer. I guessed it won't work with freeview, you just confirm it. Anyway we were thinking on BSkyB (a STB is needed anyway) and as it's a great TV and we will go on moving it to the UK :)

Again, thanks.

Alberto

Hi again,

just to confirm the TV is working really fine here in the UK with no external freeview, just the internal tuner. We are receiving and watching both SD and HD channels.

Just reset the TV once here, selected Uk as country and everything got working from the first moment.

Regards
Alberto