PDA

View Full Version : Message:"To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again"

Philips
12-06-2010, 02:59 PM
"To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again"
This error message appears when there is a communication error between your TV and the Net TV portal.
Normally it helps when you turn the TV "off" and "on".

If this message keeps popping up, please report your Ethernet MAC address to nettv.support@tpvision.com (http://nettv.support@philips.com). To find your MAC address, put the TV on a normal TV channel and press "123654" on the remote control. Now you see CSM1. Press down, down, until you see CSM3. Here the Ethernet MAC address is mentioned. With this MAC address we can check your data connection.

upD8R
06-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Hi there,

I sent an email on Tuesday regarding this issue. How long does it usually take to solve this problem?

Yair
06-29-2011, 05:10 PM
The same problem. mailed to nettv.support@philips.com but no answer
MAC: 00:90:3e:f2:a9:6e model: 40pfl8605h/12
Please fix it as soon as possible
Thanks

Chrissie18
07-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Why not describe the more user friendly/save way to get MAC address:
-Go to HOME
-Select Setup
-Go to Network settings
-Select IP configuration
-Select Ethernet MAC address

nicola
01-21-2012, 08:04 AM
Hello!
My PFL8605h/60 TV show message "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again".
The firmware is Q5551-0.140.46.0
MAC ADR 00:90:3e:f7:84:bd

Trouble appeared after I changed the ISP.
The Network parameters are good.
Some time after clearing "NetTV cache", Net TV loading first page and hangs.

Sent mail message to nettv.support@philips.com on 16 Jan, but no answers.

Thanks

Philips - Mark
01-21-2012, 09:37 AM
We have no software fix for the error: "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again"
Please try “Clear Net TV memory”.
If that does not work, try a complete reinstall of the TV.
If the error remains than contact the service helpdesk to repair the TV.

nicola
01-22-2012, 11:55 AM
I have solved my problem.

So, TV doesn't work with my previous network settings.

I have an ONT(optical network terminal) from my service provider worked with NAT & connected to it linksys wifi router with NAT, after this TV.

After switched ONT to the bridge mode NetTV operate.

At last, TV doesn't work with two NAT routers.

Alex26_1974
02-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Hello, 58PFL9955/12 left off connected to NET TV.
MAC 18 : 8e: d5: 15: d3: 37

Alex077
02-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Hello, LED ТВ 32PFL9705H left off connected to NET TV.
MAC 5C : 33: 8E: 38: E9: C8

Alex077
02-07-2012, 08:33 AM
!!!!!!
Help LED ТВ 32PFL9705H off connected to NET TV.
MAC 5C : 33: 8E: 38: E9: C8
!!!!!!!!!!!!
Help, Mark!

Sergiy
02-08-2012, 07:54 PM
NetTV doesn't work!!!
Message on TV : "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again"
Ethernet MAC address 18:8e:d5:0f:20:93

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Rost
02-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Hello, Philips! My country is Ukraine. My TV Philips 46PFL9705H/12 serial number VN1E 1049 014 003. About 14 days ago there was a problem connecting to NetTv. When you connect the requested record TV, but TV 1.30.11 registered. Then a short boot, and the inscription: «to complete nettv sign-in, please switch you tv set off and on again». Please help solve the problem. Thank you.
Technical information:
Software 000.140.046.000;
a wired network connection (tried wireless, does not solve the problem);
other devices (laptop, computer, smartphone) in the network are working properly;
Ethernet MAC address 18:8 e: d5: 0d: b0: b9
Wireless MAC address 5c: 33:8 e: 4B: A2: C1
Clearing the Memory Net TV and reinstall your TV does not help.

neverfget
02-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Got the same problem in Ukraine. Worked fine until the messege about Philips' server appeared.
Please help!
Mac 18:8E:d5:0A:B6:0D
Reboot TV didn't help.

drez89
02-18-2012, 08:04 PM
I experience problems with Net TV activation. Afet finishing setup appears message "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again".
But even rebooting and SD card formatting don't solve this problem.

MAC adress - 00:90:3e:f8:d1:04

Eduard
03-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Message:"To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again"
again ang again
i leave in Ukraine
help me
mac address 18:8e:d5:0b:9e:1f

slawek
03-04-2012, 07:16 AM
again ang again
i leave in Ukraine
help me please
Full reinstall gives no result
32pfl7685h12
mac address 18:8e:d5:09:05:60
current software: Q5551_0.140.46.0

Rost
03-04-2012, 04:11 PM
again ang again
i leave in Ukraine
help me please
Full reinstall gives no result
32pfl7685h12
mac address 18:8e:d5:09:05:60
current software: Q5551_0.140.46.0

Мне помогло следующее: при переустановке ТВ просит выбрать язык и страну. Выбрал язык русский, страну Россия (до этого была установлена Украина). Дело в том, что в Украине сервис Smart Tv пока не поддерживается. Сейчас всё работает. Удачи!

Toengel
03-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Hi,

please write in English - this is an international forum and only English is supported - then we can also help you.

Toengel@Alex

drez89
03-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Кому нужно те поймут, но всё же хотелось бы видеть и украинский смарт тв :)

nicola
03-05-2012, 04:16 AM
Rost wrote, that after Factory Reset of TV select "Russian" language and Country, SMART TV is working.
Ukraine is not availble for Smart TV

bluevoice
03-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Hi all,

I own a Philips Cinema Gold TV (50PFL7956H/12). I updated last Saturday from fw 14.95 to 14.96 and now I constantly get this error message and I can't use NetTV.

What I tried so far:
- turned TV off several times
- clear net TV memory
- did a factory reset of the TV

Both did not work.

If I downgrade to fw 14.95, NetTV works again but as soon as I update to 14.96 I get this error message back. How can I solve this?

I tried twice to downgrade and upgrade but on 14.96 I can't get it working.

alican
03-07-2012, 05:14 PM
I have the 21:9 Cinema Gold tv and after the latest update (14.96 i think) it stopped connecting to net tv. What is the solution for my problem?

bluevoice
03-07-2012, 05:15 PM
I have the 21:9 Cinema Gold tv and after the latest update (14.96 i think) it stopped connecting to net tv. What is the solution for my problem?

Same problem as me on the Philips Cinema 21:9 Gold TV, there is no solution yet.

alican
03-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Same problem as me on the Philips Cinema 21:9 Gold TV, there is no solution yet.

It is really disappointing to see that philips can't solve these problems with firmware in a very expensive and one of a kind tv like cinema gold tv but what is frustrating is that every new firmware upgrade adds more and more problems while solving very few. I like philips as a brand and I own at least 6 philips brand electronic devices but this firmware malfunctions has to stop.

Anjos
03-15-2012, 11:05 PM
I have the 21:9 Cinema Gold tv and after the latest update (14.96 i think) it stopped connecting to net tv.

:mad:

I m from Portugal, my MAC is: 5C:33:8E:8F:5E:A6

TNKS!

alican
03-18-2012, 09:05 PM
has philips managed to solve the problem? when i look at the support page of my tv i still see 14.96 but i don't know if it's the revised version or not?

Regenboog
03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
After upgrading to firmware 96 I had the same issue and receiving the message 'To complete NetTV sign-in, etc.'.
I've reset the apps, TV, everything but still the message.
I've now downgraded the firmware back to version 95 and now everything is working again. So it's a bug in firmware version 96.

bluevoice
03-20-2012, 07:26 PM
After upgrading to firmware 96 I had the same issue and receiving the message 'To complete NetTV sign-in, etc.'. I've reset the apps, TV, everything but still the message. I've now downgraded the firmware back to version 95 and now everything is working again. So it's a bug in firmware version 96. @regenboog Do you also have the Philips Cinema Gold TV?

Regenboog
03-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Yes, I have the Cinema 50PFL7956H/12.

JustMe
03-22-2012, 02:35 PM
I have the same problem with my Cinema gold TV 50PFL7956H/12 after the update to the latest software. It worked great with the old software. So, it definitely seems to be a software issue. I spoke to customer support yesterday, but they can't do anything except recommending a factory reset. Naturally this does not work. I told the operator that here on the forum many users have this same issue, but according to him, nothing had been reported. By the way, the mail address reported earlier in this thread "nettv.support@philips.com" does not exist. If I send a message with a delivery receipt request, I get a reply "undeliverable".

bluevoice
03-22-2012, 02:49 PM
I have the same problem with my Cinema gold TV 50PFL7956H/12 after the update to the latest software. It worked great with the old software. So, it definitely seems to be a software issue. I spoke to customer support yesterday, but they can't do anything except recommending a factory reset. Naturally this does not work. I told the operator that here on the forum many users have this same issue, but according to him, nothing had been reported. By the way, the mail address reported earlier in this thread "nettv.support@philips.com" does not exist. If I send a message with a delivery receipt request, I get a reply "undeliverable".

Hi JustMe: the email address nettv.support@philips.com reported in this thread does exist. I sent them an email and they replied saying there's nothing wrong with the latest 14.96 software.

They also made a support request and sent a technician to see my tv. The technician tried the same things, I already tried before, without success. Than the technician said it could be a hardware issue and that the SSB-board of the TV should be replaced to make sure there's nothing wrong with the network connection on the board itself. The replacement SSB board turned out to be a DOA and than the technician tried to place the original SSB board back. Something got wrong, I think the cable was damaged because I got a distorted image, the colors were inverted and I got a pixelated image. So now they took the TV to a repair centre and I don't have a TV for a week now and it's going to take another week... :mad:

There was nothing wrong with the TV, just faulty software and Philips is too proud to admit it :mad: or too ignorant to know about it.

So if you get any reply from Philips saying that they are going to send a technician to "repair" I'd advise you not to do it.

Philips: Let's make things worse!

JustMe
03-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Indeed it seems they do not really have their act together: the different functions do no seem to know what the other is doing or what is going on.

For now, I am just going to wait for next update.. hopefully it solves it (though I doubt it). At the frequecy with which they have been sending out new software, it cannot be long before a new one shows up.

But if anyone else has the same issue, I hope they report it. Not just on this forum but also to philips. Maybe if enough of us report these issues, someone at philips will finally realize there is a problem.

Philips - Mark
03-22-2012, 03:36 PM
From your complaints we realized that there might go something wrong with Net TV and software 14.96 on a 50PFL7956H. The TV of Bluevoice gives us the possibility to analyze this strange problem.
I recommended our software team to redraw this software for this model until we clarified the issue.

JustMe
03-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks Mark. I hope the software division can come up with an answer soon and that no other owners of this TV-model make the same mistake of installing this version of the software.

PS: @Bluevoice, I hope you get your TV back in one piece after the Philips team completes their experiments … (or they give you a new one )

bluevoice
03-22-2012, 04:25 PM
From your complaints we realized that there might go something wrong with Net TV and software 14.96 on a 50PFL7956H. The TV of Bluevoice gives us the possibility to analyze this strange problem.
I recommended our software team to redraw this software for this model until we clarified the issue.

Hi Philips - Mark: this nice and all and I keep reminding me that it serves a higher cause (getting the software fixed). Now seen the fact that I can't use my product and that you're not willing to believe my findings in first place, why should I suffer the consequences of Philips's faulty software implementation? Why doesn't Philips test it on its own tv's? Should the tv's of your clients be used as test devices?

As I can't use my product at this moment, is Philips going to compensate in any way me on that?

bluevoice
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm really mad about it. I only updated to the new 14.96 software because I hoped it would solve the reset / reboot / crash problem I have with this tv when I use it together with the HTS8562/12 (which, BTW it doesn't solve):

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3762-PHILIPS-PLEASE-HELP-HTS8562-12-crashing-Philips-Cinema-Gold-TV-(50PFL7956H-12)&p=29130#post29130

This is another case of an issue that was long not acknowledged by Philips. I reported this issue back in October 2011, this is 5 months ago, and I still kept asking about a resolution, still nothing. At this very moment, there is still no solution for it...

Philips doesn't care about it customers it seems.

romiti.stefano
03-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi all,

Also my 42PFL7605C/08 TV show this message "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again", so I have read the thread hoping to found a solution but it seems that the only solution is to contact the service helpdesk to repair the TV.

I agreed that it is really disappointing to see that Philips can't solve these problems with firmware. I have just send an email to nettv.support@philips.com and I hope to receive some good news from them.

The Network parameters are good. Some time after clearing "NetTV cache", Net TV loading first page and hangs some other time a white screen hangs.

The serial number is: VN1D1114001009
The firmware is: Q5553-0.140.46.0
The mac address is: 18:8e:d5:21:65:db

Hope to receive soon informations from the support.

Regards.

JustMe
03-26-2012, 02:30 PM

It seems the software team did not yet redraw this faulty software: it can still be downloaded as the latest SW update for 50PFL7956H, meaning more people run the risk of loosing their NETTV connectivity. Is the software team taking any action? Or did they not follow your recommendation?

JustMe
03-27-2012, 06:36 AM
It seems the software team did not yet redraw this faulty software: it can still be downloaded as the latest SW update for 50PFL7956H, meaning more people run the risk of loosing their NETTV connectivity. Is the software team taking any action? Or did they not follow your recommendation?

NETTV SIGN-IN PROBLEM SOLVED!

Yesterday evening I was messing with the MyRemote app and just happened to press the NETTV button. To my surprise NETTV started working again. I did not change any setting on my TV, so I guess the connectivity problem was solved on the server end. Anyway, things seem to be back to normal. My thanks to whoever solved this issue.

bluevoice
03-27-2012, 07:52 AM
NETTV SIGN-IN PROBLEM SOLVED!

Yesterday evening I was messing with the MyRemote app and just happened to press the NETTV button. To my surprise NETTV started working again. I did not change any setting on my TV, so I guess the connectivity problem was solved on the server end. Anyway, things seem to be back to normal. My thanks to whoever solved this issue.

This is nice, except I still don't have my TV back... It seems Philips does nothing to speed up things.

Now the repair centre says they ordered a new part (the bolt on board where the SSB board is attached to) that was damaged while the technician was trying to replace the SSB board (which they shouldn't anyway because it was just the faulty software). Now I am told that it will take a couple of days more until they get the part delivered.

Philips deliver the damn part, I want my tv back!!!

bluevoice
04-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Got my TV back last Friday. I can confirm that NetTV now also works on the Philips Cinema Gold on firmware 14.96. Seems that, as JustMe reported, the issue has been resolved on the server side.

It's nice that Philips shares this info with us and communicates with its clients saying the issue has been resolved (NOT!).

muschiosauro
04-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Hi all,

Also my 42PFL7605C/08 TV show this message "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again", so I have read the thread hoping to found a solution but it seems that the only solution is to contact the service helpdesk to repair the TV.

I agreed that it is really disappointing to see that Philips can't solve these problems with firmware. I have just send an email to nettv.support@philips.com and I hope to receive some good news from them.

The Network parameters are good. Some time after clearing "NetTV cache", Net TV loading first page and hangs some other time a white screen hangs.

The serial number is: VN1D1114001009
The firmware is: Q5553-0.140.46.0
The mac address is: 18:8e:d5:21:65:db

Hope to receive soon informations from the support.

Regards.

Hi Philips - Hi Stefano,
I have your same TV - 42PFL7605C/08 - In my case the issue started after upgrading to the latest firmware Q5553-0.140.47.0. Clearing my NetTV cache didn't help. I'm about to contact the customer support and I was just wondering if the helpdesk finally managed to sort things out in your case...
Regards

starterz
04-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I have to report this error too. Initially, the message was "philips server not found" with no changes at the router or internet provider (I work at the internet provider). Internet access is just fine through the same home network.

Today, the message switched to "To-complete-NetTV-sign-in-please-switch-your-TV-set-off-and-on-again". I cleared the Apps Cache, then I got to the initial welcome page of Net TV. I got the registering e-mail, activated on the Philips portal, the TV said thank you for activating. Then it fails to load Net Tv again.

The TV is 40PFL6606H/12 with the latest firmware 000.014.096.000.

Philips, I would expect this to be resolved quickly, as I am using Net TV on a daily basis. Please follow up on this as soon as possible.

And yes, I find the information on this forum that "all services are up and running" totally misleading. Is it just a ping test to the server? It shows as completely inaccurate and usefull.

Best regards,

Doron
04-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Hello to the Philips team,

I have started to experience the same problem only yesterday, although I have installed 0.14.96.0 4 days ago.
I own 46PFL9706 TV with mac address: 5C:33:8E:82:AB:CC.

Although I have rebooted several times the TV, I keep getting this annoying message which asks to restart the TV in order to complete NET TV sign...

I paid so much money for a "state of the art" Philips TV & I cannot accept this to happen.

Please advise what to do to have this resolved immediately.

Doron.

Doron
04-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Hello to the Philips team,

I have started to experience the same problem only yesterday, although I have installed 0.14.96.0 4 days ago.
I own 46PFL9706 TV with mac address: 5C:33:8E:82:AB:CC.

Although I have rebooted several times the TV, I keep getting this annoying message which asks to restart the TV in order to complete NET TV sign...

I paid so much money for a "state of the art" Philips TV & I cannot accept this to happen.

Please advise what to do to have this resolved immediately.

Doron.

I have just installed 0.14.97.0 and the problem still exists! :(

salee_m
04-21-2012, 06:20 AM
I have the same problem since yesterday... my TV is very new and every thing was fine till day before yesterday. I have latest firmware too

my Ethernet MAC address is 18:8e:d5:20:2a:64
wireless MAC: 5C:33:8E:85:7E:DD
Model : 40PFL6606H/12

I already send the mail to support with this details
My country is UAE

Doron
04-21-2012, 06:41 AM
Seems that we are going to have the weekend without the Net-TV.

What a disillusionment Philips :(

Doron
04-21-2012, 07:13 AM
OK,

I have cleared all of my application data and restarted my TV.
I had to re-register to the Philips club one I started the Net-TV & ... The Net-TV came back to life :)

Now I am registering again all my applications.

Thanks Philips for the extra work you provided me.

salee_m
04-21-2012, 03:46 PM
It came once after I Re-installed my TV, now it start showing "Philips Server Not available" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

salee_m
04-21-2012, 07:52 PM
At last work for me..... Login to router and disabled firewall, restarted the router

dont know which turn to solve the issue... disable firewall or reboot router... cause it was working before with the firewall on...

starterz
04-22-2012, 11:55 AM
This is most probably not related to any local configuration (router or internet provider) but to something on the server side. I sent them my MAC address, awaiting their response.

Doron
04-22-2012, 11:13 PM
I am sorry to say that the sign in error message is back & I cannot use the Net TV again. :(

I am seriously concider sending back my TV to the dealer and claim a refund. I got not response from Philips support & I feel I am on my own trying to work the problem out.

starterz
04-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Hm...still very frustrated. I got a response from Philips that my problem is reported to IT experts, whatever that means. No further updates. Today, I tried to clear the apps cache, and started NetTV again. I skipped registration (it did not work with registration the last time I tried a few days ago), and it worked. I listened to Absolute Radio for a while. I am trying it now again, and it shows the interface with time, date and weather, but the recommendations are not loading and any app chosen is not loading. I just see the "loading" animation at the bottom of the screen. This is, by all symptoms, a server-side issue. Philips, please resolve it and provide justification for the downtime. You are leaving good customers without a service.

starterz
04-25-2012, 08:18 PM
And it is again totally down today. The SmartTV interface is not loading at all, and I see the same "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again" error. Damnit.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Philips?

starterz
04-25-2012, 08:26 PM
And again the same thing: clear apps cache, NetTV starts. Can I reconfigure it now, or will it show an error again tomorrow? Phuh.

starterz
04-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Hello, please confirm if any progress has been made concerning our reported issues. Everyone else, does the problem still exist at your side?

This is total non-sense from Philips, I can not understand how can they leave customers with 1+ WEEKS downtime for SmartTV.

Doron
04-28-2012, 06:28 PM
I have cleared the application data & had to re-define all my access passwords, but it worked for me. I did this procedure 3 times during the last 10 days!
In parallel I am fighting the local dealer for a full refund for my TV. I see no point having the TV with no real support from Philips.

starterz
04-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Philips? Anyone there? Customer with a long-due problem here. Any feedback?

starterz
05-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Do I have to make it a mission to write a post everyday untill my problem is resolved?

Current situation: I turn on the TV, I see the error "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again". I clear the apps cache. I start NetTV, I skip registration, the SmartTV interface loads fully, date/time and weather is correct. I add several apps, I use apps like Foreca and Absolute Radio. I turn off the TV during night.When I start the TV, error shows again.

Coming from customer support myself, I can say that this is total non-sense. I will surely think 10 times before paying for any other Philips device (and we own several devices at the moment). I was pleasantly surprised when your moderator contacted me the same day I wrote the initial message, but my problem is taking too long to be resolved by "IT experts". I also wrote a separate e-mail (as instructed in the first post of this thread) to which I have NO REPLY at all.

starterz
05-05-2012, 10:51 AM
After another contact from Philips, I used the reinstall option from the TV menu, and I can confirm that the problem with NetTV is resolved. I just wish they told me to try this earlier, I use an external STB and reinstalling the TV took me 10 minutes.

I had some trouble with registering NetTV afterwards, I had to first erase the existing registration of the tv set on the portal, and then try to register from scratch - this way it worked.

nr1sp31337
05-07-2012, 05:25 PM
ERROR To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on

philips 42pfl7486k/02

ethernet mac adress 18:8e:d5:13:37:bf
Wireles mac adress 5C:33:8E:75:66:FC

P.S. i`m using only wifi connection
please help

Philips - Mark
05-08-2012, 09:36 AM
The message “To complete Net TV sign-in, please switch your TV off and on” keeps popping up when accessing Net TV, despite you did turn off and on your TV?

Activate the TV’s menu and via -> Setup -> TV settings; chose to re-install your TV.

After this the issue will be solved.

nr1sp31337
05-08-2012, 09:46 AM
i turned it on and off 100 times :)
also i pulled off power cord, nothing happens.

ok, i`ll trey to reinstall the TV, but what about my settings, chanel list, preferences, and others?
they disappear?

thx.

Doron
05-08-2012, 01:09 PM
did you try throwing it on the floor ? :)

Sorry for being sarcastic.

Seems that you'll have to define every thing again. This was my experience.

But for this, we do not need Philips support. Don't we?

starterz
05-08-2012, 05:09 PM
And again! Goddamnit! WTF??? After 2-3 days working without a problem, again the same error message today! Philips, this is totally *ucked up. I do NOT accept to reinstall the TV set every 3 days!
Can you tell us what is being done concerning this problem? Is it EVER going to be resolved permanently?

nr1sp31337
05-08-2012, 05:36 PM
did you try throwing it on the floor ? :)

Sorry for being sarcastic.

Seems that you'll have to define every thing again. This was my experience.

But for this, we do not need Philips support. Don't we?

nice try samsung tv fan :D

starterz
05-08-2012, 09:19 PM
And again! Goddamnit! WTF??? After 2-3 days working without a problem, again the same error message today! Philips, this is totally *ucked up. I do NOT accept to reinstall the TV set every 3 days!
Can you tell us what is being done concerning this problem? Is it EVER going to be resolved permanently?

I cleared apps cache, and started NetTV. Registration did not go through, although I erased the previous registration instance from the Philips portal. I click the link in the mail, I enter the SN of the TV, it shows up successfully on the portal - but NetTV tells me that registration has not been completed yet.

I will check if NetTV still works tomorrow. This total experience sucks ass, bigtime. Better go with a model without SmartTV (whatever brand), than losing nerves on forums.

frank060272
05-19-2012, 07:41 PM
I have a 42pfl7676h12 it's a Dutch model, nettv was working fine until three days ago it keeps giving me the turn off and on message. I reinstalled the t. And that did not help. I am not going to give my mac adress because I did call the servicedesk and he said that a technicion would call me back, well you geussed it he did not. The funny thing is that this was a known problem, but not with Dutch tv sets so I am kind off screwed with this tv. I am curious when someone will call me back with a sollution, don't get me wrong, I love my tv sets but I want to use all the options I paid for. So Philips, please come with a solution for the people who bought a tv set with nettv.

UPDATE:

I have deactivated HbbTv and now i can use Nettv again.

warlock95
05-21-2012, 12:26 PM
"I have deactivated HbbTv and now i can use Nettv again"

Approximately the same problem here - 42PFL7685H/12 in this case, stopped showing NetTV in April. I have an impression this is the result on the firmware update (dated 3-22-2012). Tried everything - firewall off/on, clearing nettv memory etc - still saying "to complete the registration blah"

What is HbbTv and how is it related to NetTV? I would gladly try to deactivate something, though have no idea where to start

Hey, Philips, do something about it - new working firmware would be great. The TV is saying downgrade is not allowed, otherwise I'd go back to the previous version :(

starterz
05-21-2012, 12:35 PM
I can confirm that NetTV has been working on my TV set for the last few days without any problems. Instructions if you cannot complete the (re) registration process:

1. Delete the existing instance of your TV on the Philips web portal.
2. LOG OUT of the web portal.
3. Ask for another registration e-mail when starting NetTV (or click "Register" in the lower left corner)
4. Receive the e-mail, click on the link.
5. On the portal, relogin with your credentials - afterwards you will see a new "empty" instance of your TV set without any data or SN. Enter the data and SN.
6. Check NetTV again - registration has been completed.

Best regards to all.

warlock95
05-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Thank you, Starterz. Tried the steps you've proposed three times now,after the re-registration nettv seems to activate (saying "now you can use nettv" or smth), but in the end it is still showing the good old "to complete registration etc." Switched it of/on with the remote/button/eletrically - the result is the same. I guess philips could do something about it or just say - don't waste your time, forget "nettv"

Doron
05-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Philips NETTV is a crap.
I managed to sell on of my Philips TV set after having it for 4 months with a big lose due to the NETTV problems.

user0815
05-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Congratiulations, you are a star.
This was the most useless message of the day.

Doron
05-28-2012, 05:11 AM
just like nettv :)

starterz
05-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Not really, it just has problems like any other software. I find it extra usefull for quick information apps like Foreca, and video/music apps like YouTube, TuneIn, AUPEO and Absolute Radio.

I did not think that I would be using the TV for non-TV actions this much.

nicola
05-29-2012, 04:30 AM
Hello! If you use internet across the router, you must write access for 80 or 443 ports to your TV IP Address.

mcomiche
06-02-2012, 11:53 AM
The solution for error: To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV sett off and on again"

Insert a USB stick in your TV. Then press home-button on your remote control> go to Setup > Update software (choose USB!). Follow the instructions on the screen to install the software-update. Note: You might already have this software version, but that doesn't matter; simply reinstall the same software version to make it work again.
After reinstallation of the software NetTV should work again (it will not change your personal settings).
Good luck! Manuel

starterz
06-02-2012, 07:40 PM
I wish it was that easy :-)

TiggerT
06-05-2012, 07:37 AM
I had not tried using NetTV for a while, but now when I try I seem to be hitting the problem described in this thread.
I am using a BDP5100/12.
Firmware: 1.62 (but same thing happened when I was on 1.53)
NetTV SW: 16.04
Model: BDP5100/12
Serial number: SM1A1027005069
MAC ADDRESS: 00-1C-50-2F-4D-30

Through several attempts at deleting the NetTV memory, changing NetTV country, once this happened:
When I tried to connect it flashed up "Testing connection to the internet", then for half a second "Connected to Philips Server", then for a second "Signing On..." and then "Unable to connect to Philips Server. Please try again later."... with the progress bar continuously flashing.
If I try it again a few minutes later straight away after "Testing connection" it gives me the "Unable to connect to Philips Server. Please try again later." message, again with the progress bar continuously flashing.
If I then again clear the NetTV memory, and try again, it goes back to a quick "Testing connection to the internet" and then "Signing On..." until it times out again.

But still no closer to accessing NetTV or seeing what the newer interface is all about!

Is there any solution to this frustrating problem? I've written to nettv.support@philips.com but not had a reply yet.

Thanks,
T.

plazboz
06-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Today, the strange problem described in this thread occured on my 37PFL7605H/12. NetTV worked since long time (e.g. yesterday I watched something in the german ARD Mediathek), but today it only showed "To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again". :-(

Tried switching off, on, ..., even re-installed the firmware (37pfl7605h_12_fus_deu.zip (70.88 MB), Version: 000.140.047.000, Published: 2012-03-22). But no way to fix the problem. :-(

Please help...

plazboz

kalda01
06-22-2012, 06:51 AM
I have model 37PFL6606H and for the last month or so I'm unable to connect to NET-TV.
keeps telling me to switch the TV off and back on.
Has anyone found a way to fix this ?

Philips - Mark
06-22-2012, 09:43 AM
To restore from the error message “To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again” your TV needs a reset and re-installation:

First give the command “Clear Net TV memory” (or Clear Apps Memory) via the menu of the TV: Home – Network settings – Clear Net TV memory.

Then "reinstall the TV" via the TV’s menu: Home – Setup – TV settings – Reinstall TV.

When accessing Net TV, approve the “terms of use” and choose “Do not register” at the Club Philips registration request.

After this I expect that the Net TV functionality is back.

ch_harald
06-22-2012, 09:48 AM
To restore from the error message “To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again” your TV needs a reset and re-installation:

First give the command “Clear Net TV memory” (or Clear Apps Memory) via the menu of the TV: Home – Network settings – Clear Net TV memory.

Then "reinstall the TV" via the TV’s menu: Home – Setup – TV settings – Reinstall TV.

When accessing Net TV, approve the “terms of use” and choose “Do not register” at the Club Philips registration request.

After this I expect that the Net TV functionality is back.

... and ALL settings of the TV will be lost - right?

bluevoice
06-22-2012, 10:01 AM
... and ALL settings of the TV will be lost - right?

Right! So better note them on a paper and restore them after the reinstall of the TV.

kalda01
06-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Right! So better note them on a paper and restore them after the reinstall of the TV.

What settings will be lost ? I only watch TV via HDMI input from the cable box. what can possibly get lost ?

Can someone confirm that doing a re-install actually solved the NET-TV problem?

Philips - Mark
06-22-2012, 01:12 PM
The setup procedure will guide you to set all your preferences.
It’s fun to explore all the possibilities of your TV.

plazboz
06-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Without doing anything, NetTV started working yesterday. :-)

Perhaps it has nothing to do with my TV set, but with the NetTV servers?

adrianx01
07-16-2012, 08:33 PM
The setup procedure will guide you to set all your preferences.
It’s fun to explore all the possibilities of your TV.

Did exactly the above procedure, cleared cache and tv reinstall, still not connecting to net tv!!

This started to happen after I upgraded to latest firmware, what should I do now??

ipokampo
07-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Hello, i'm new here and ii have a 52" 8000series flat tv from phillips and i'm unable to connect to net tv either.

Here is my MAC address in case that helps, 18:8e:d5:0d:8a:cf

I've done an internet settings full wipe, also a full tv re-installation, i've downloaded and installed (twice) the last fw from your servers, unregistered the tv from my phillips account and try to connect without registering the tv model...nothing seems to correct the message "to complete nettv sign in, please switch your tv set off and on again" while 3 months ago i was able to successfully connect every day without connection issues.

Please, i insist that either you give us a solution or point us to the right path to clear this out, i dont acept loosing net tv just because you cant point the error ( which im pretty sure it is in your servers )

Last post on this thread was may, lets see how the summer goes on till you find the answer

adrianx01
07-17-2012, 04:57 AM
I have the same model, 52pfl8605h/12, this seems to be effecting 2010 models...

DellUser
07-17-2012, 09:22 AM
You might be helped with the downgrade/upgrade procedure as described here (http://goo.gl/W70ey).

adrianx01
07-17-2012, 04:37 PM
You might be helped with the downgrade/upgrade procedure as described here (http://goo.gl/W70ey).

This seems to have "partially" solved my problem, thanks!

The only issue is that Philips recommends to upgrade to the latest firmware again after you downgrade but the problem will arise again after upgrading, so I have to keep the old firmware for now, at least it works.

This means that there is an issue with the latest firmware, Philips please take note to fix this at least with your next firmware update!

Thanks.

TML
07-20-2012, 06:50 AM
Hi, new forum member and owner of a Philips TV here!
Nice to see the "Error messages" forum so lively! :p

Anyway, I have had a 46PFL5537T/12 for a week now and I am experiencing the topic of this thread, too. It can be usually fixed by emptying the cache from the menu and then going through the startup steps to Smart TV (accept terms and conditions, skip registration etc.)
But the "To complete NetTV sign-in..." message seems to come up again if I switch the tv off and on again.

I think I didn't have that problem before I updated to the latest firmware (0.89.0.0). Does anyone know if it is safe or even possible to update to older firmware on my tv? The downgrade/upgrade procedure linked to two posts above talks only about 2010 models.

The version information from the menu shows current version: "Q554E-0.89.0.0, Release for TV550R4: Q554E-0.89.0.0_bld13a"

Thanks in advance!

ipokampo
07-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Hi there again, tried the downgrade procedure, i noticed that i still was unable to reach phillips net tv servers BUT i was able to use the tv programming through internet instead from the antena which seems to have partialy solved the net problem but, as i said i was unable to connect to net tv with the message: "phillips server not found, please try again later"

Upgraded again and the tv programming through internet stopped working, it gets stucked while loading forever, also the net tv keeps saying: to complete net tv sign in please turn your tv set off and on again.

Still waiting a solution here :confused:

pepedj
08-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I have a 42pfl6007h/12 and hang when registering smart tv.
Mac: 18:8e:d5:b5:fe:a5
please help me

eshankuf
10-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Hi,
I bought 40PFL5007T (in Denmark) 4 days ago. Never been able to connect to your Smart TV. I have tried various suggestions from this thread: cleaning the memory, resetting and reinstalling everything fresh. I get the "To complete log in to Net TV, please switch your TV on and off" message when the TV is on wireless connection. I have also tried connecting with wired connection, but then it just shows a message "Connecting" and nothing happens. TV is running on the latest firmware, it was upgraded in the initial set-up process.

The Ethernet Mac address no.: 18:8e:d5:d9:e5:74
Wireless MAC address: D0:AE:EC:1B:FD:C2

please advise.
Thanks!

This error message appears when there is a communication error between your TV and the Net TV portal.

If this message keeps popping up, please report your Ethernet MAC address to nettv.support@philips.com. To find your MAC address, put the TV on a normal TV channel and press "123654" on the remote control. Now you see CSM1. Press down, down, until you see CSM3. Here the Ethernet MAC address is mentioned. With this MAC address we can check your data connection.

Toengel
10-28-2012, 06:33 AM
Hi,

please install the lastest firmware 93.0 first. Then please post the IP your TV gets from your router. Also try to restart your router.

Toengel@Alex

larserikh
01-19-2013, 08:11 PM
I also experienced this problem and solved it (at least temporarily) by deleting the TV IP address from the DHCP Client Table in my router (Linksys WRT54GL).

Deniz
02-15-2013, 06:29 PM
I have a 42PFL4307K/12 and I get the error "to complete nettv sign-in please switch your tv set off and on again"
Mac: D0:AE:EC:3B:37:28
please help me

rozenda
03-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Hi all,

We have for few days problems with NetTV, we have the following error:
"to complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again"

There is no newer update availible and reset to factory default did not solved the problem.
What can i do to solve this problem?

model: 32PFL6606h/12, serial number: 3a1202 003580
software version: Q5551-0.14.99.0, mac adress: 18:8e:d5:3b:df:e7

Andre

Toengel
03-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Hi,

you can find the latest firmware 14.104 on the support webpage of your TV. You need to install it via USB stick.

Toengel@Alex

trncat
03-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Could anybody please tell me, what is the actual solution to this "to complete nettv sign-in please switch your tv set off and on again" issue? I would be very grateful to solve it as the net tv is therefore completely useless. After reading my thread it seems just very unclear...
My TV is 40PFL 5007K/12. Thank you for all your ideas!

trncat
03-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi,

you can find the latest firmware 14.104 on the support webpage of your TV. You need to install it via USB stick.

Toengel@Alex

My TV`s (40PFL5007K/12) latest firmware is from 18/12/2012... Do you know about any upcoming new version, please? NetTv always get stuck on the "to complete nettv sign-in please switch your tv set off and on again" message... Thank you a lot...

Toengel
03-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi,

did you try to delete the "Internet Memory" (see Network configuration)?

Toengel@Alex

andreb
03-02-2013, 01:36 PM
I also had this message "to complete nettv sign-in please switch your tv set off and on again".
After a few days I did a complete TV reinstall, but that didn't solve te problem.
Today I installed the old firmware from 2012, february. Now Smart TV is working again!
Solve a problem with old firmware doensn't sound good to me, but I'm really glad it works again. The internet possibilities are the main reason for buying this TV.

32pfl6606h_12_fus_nld

rozenda
03-02-2013, 01:55 PM
thnx all,

I have updated the firmware with usb. Now NetTv works!.

andre

trncat
03-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Hi,

yes, I already tried it couple of times. When I do this, then the process of logging in of Net Tv starts, but gets stuck on blank screen and do nothing.

patopaiar
03-03-2013, 04:33 PM

If this message keeps popping up, please report your Ethernet MAC address to nettv.support@philips.com. To find your MAC address, put the TV on a normal TV channel and press "123654" on the remote control. Now you see CSM1. Press down, down, until you see CSM3. Here the Ethernet MAC address is mentioned. With this MAC address we can check your data connection.

Please give a solution for macaddr: 18 8e d5 23 c1 f9 wmacadr: 5c 33 8e 9b d8 c8
thnxs

migh32
03-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi there,

I sent an email on Tuesday regarding this issue. How long does it usually take to solve this problem?

Logre resolver el problema!!!.

La actulizacion por internet, dica que no habia actualizaciones, pero la version del firmware, no era igual a la ultima.
Pasos:

1) Descargue la ultima version desde:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=es&scy=ar&mid=Link_Software&ctn=32PFL6606D/77

2) puse un Pendrive en el tv, y le agrego un archivo en la raiz.

3) despues copie en la raiz del pen, el archivo que descargue de la WEB (+ de 80 Megas)

4) Al conectar el pen, arranco el proceso de actualizacion, formateo la memoria del TV, puso el firmware nuevo y....voilá!!

Todo OK.

Fdekok
03-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Toengel
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

Yesterday I followed this procedure and it works.
Today the same announcement occurred and Net TV doesn't work.
What can I do now?

jankom
03-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I can't seem to find older versions of firmware. Can anyone help me and post a link to download older versions?

suphian79
03-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Dear All,

I am from Singapore. I am also experiencing the nettv registering and it just idle...... try all those suggested on this forum. Needless to say i also have update my current firmware to the latest.. And still nothing. I been doing and trouble shooting since last 1 week. And up to now, i am giving up.

To Mr Philips,
Please provide recovery to this issues as i am really frustated with your post sales services.

Please someone...help me before i run nuts... :(

rvwestbr
03-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Hi all,
Also having these problems.

Started 1 of march.
Did a firmware update, now on the latest version.
Problem disappeared for a few hours and now it is back.

I have send a mail to the support address regarding this issue. Philips when are you going to resolve it.
Not only for me but also for all these other people how are having this issue.

I have a bad feeling that this is going to be a long story.

Keep you posted.

c0ug4r
03-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Hey there,

Also got struck by the error message. Must've started sometime in the last 2 days, since it worked for over a year now. Tried everything mentioned in this topic to resolve the problem (turning TV off and on, manually updating to latest firmware 014.104 which was already installed, clearing NetTV Memory, deleting all network settings in TV and Router, reconnecting internet, reinstalling TV), but nothing worked. So, the only thing left is hoping for a miracle by writing the MAC-adresse eMail, I guess.

TV: 40PFL6606K-02
Firmware: 000.014.104.000

roeland
03-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Also the same problem for two days now...

Yesterday I installed the software again and it worked for a few hours.
At this time nothing helps!

I contacted philips customer care today but they could not help me any more after suggesting to pull out all the wires and restarting.:(

denisconcorde
03-04-2013, 09:50 PM
I have the same problem, I did all, but nothing,,,,,,,,,

Patriarch
03-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Same problem here as everyone else!
Because I thought an update could perhaps fix this, I manually updated the firmware to the latest version (014.104.000) with an USB stick (by the way, why doesn't the TV software itself find the most recent firmware version?). After that when I press NetTV in the main menu the NetTV registration window pops up, I fill in my known email adress, press "ok" and I get the same error message again.
As far as I remember this also happened for the first time on march 1st.
Since this problem is apparently ignored by Philips so far: what is wrong here? Some kind of net-tv/smarttv security certificate expired? Does Philips think 2013 is a leap year? I'm just suggesting things, but I hope an administrator reads this who has access to people who CAN and SHOULD know.

My TV is the 32PFL6606H/12 (a 2011 model)
As a sidenote: I'm not going to leave my MAC address here out of obvious security reasons, and this shouldn't be necessary to get this problem fixed anyway. This problem is not on the client-side, it's server-side, period.

alanyong
03-05-2013, 01:18 AM
I cannot believe this is a problem back in 2010!!! 3 years and not a sound solution to the same old problem? come on Philips, smart tv got to be smarter than this...

migh32
03-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Volvi a cargar el firmware desde un pendrive y todo volvio a funcionar. Cuando intentaba actualizar el firmware desde internet a travez del TV, me decía que no habia actualizaciones, pero en realidad sí las había!.

La verdad es que este smart TV... de smart... tiene poco y nada.

Elephant
03-05-2013, 08:52 AM
I had the same problems. I have done a couple of things and finally (!) Smart TV works again. I am not sure what finally helped so I describe what I have done.

1. Updated the latest firmware version via USB pen drive (I had 14.099, now 14.104)
2. Wrote an email to nettv.support@philips.com, included my MAC address
2. Changed on my DSL router, the Netgear WLAN adapter and on the TV to static IP addresses (although it worked fine the last 9 months with dynamic IP addresses)
3. Updated the DSL router firmware, Restarted my DSL router
4. Emptied the cache/apps on the TV
5. Restarted the TV
6. Opened the EPG (needed to accept Gracenote Terms & Conditions)
7. Afterwards I moved on to Home / NetTV
8. did not register for Philips Club
9. Smart TV works again.... just tried out Maxdome...

c0ug4r
03-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Since last night when my NetTV didn't want to work by any means the only thing that was left to do was writing that mail mentioned in the first posting. I did, and this morning everything worked fine again. Either Philips fixed something with their servers in general or the MAC-adress mail did its thing.

Anyway, thanks for solving the issue.

roeland
03-05-2013, 10:28 AM
By me, everything is alright too again :D

Did Philips a repair and does it work for everybody again??

Philips - Mark
03-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Since a few days there was an increase in the amount of complaints about the error message "to complete nettv sign-in please switch your TV set off and on again", shown when accessing Smart TV.
Normally switching off and on the TV indeed makes the message disappear.
But consumers with 2011 models TV’s (XXPFLxxx6x/xx) got stuck in this message, no matter what they tried.
We are happy to report that we could solve this problem.
Can you (also) confirm?

jankom
03-05-2013, 12:52 PM
NetTV finally works fine on my TV. Everything is ok now. Great job guys! Thanks

asmi
03-05-2013, 01:45 PM
NetTV finally works fine on my TV. Everything is ok now. Great job guys! Thanks

Yes, me too.
I wonder what happend, but i,m a happy camper

Patriarch
03-05-2013, 07:06 PM
It's working again :)

Thanks for listening to the people on the forum on a relatively short notice, Philips, I appreciate that. That's why I also bought a Philips TV: excellent picture quality AND decent aftersales service if it ever becomes necessary :cool:

rvwestbr
03-05-2013, 07:48 PM
And suddenly everything seems to be fine again? Hope it will stay ok.

ADOLFO MARTINEZ
03-10-2013, 07:05 AM
I'm affraid problems on connecting Smart TV are still alive...

My TV is a 47PFL40007H/12 and it stopped connecting yesterday, showing the message "To complete NetTv sign-in....etc..."

I tried to re-install and nothing changed...

Please, could you give me a solution?

Thanks.

bluevoice
03-10-2013, 07:07 AM
These are server errors that can only be solved by Philips. Reinstalling your tv won't work.

ADOLFO MARTINEZ
03-17-2013, 09:29 AM
I'd like to thank Phillips team. They sent me an email (I hadn't seen it until today, sorry) in which they asked me for unpluging the TV for, at least, 1 minute). After doing that, smart tv is working again.

Remember to PHISICALLY unplug the TV, not through remote control.

Thanks again for your fast answers. Good job!

Nilla67
04-29-2013, 07:52 PM
"Since a few days there was an increase in the amount of complaints about the error message "to complete nettv sign-in please switch your TV set off and on again", shown when accessing Smart TV.
Normally switching off and on the TV indeed makes the message disappear.
But consumers with 2011 models TV’s (XXPFLxxx6x/xx) got stuck in this message, no matter what they tried."

I still got this error, and cant get access to NetTv. PFL6806T/12 and live in Sweden. My Macadress is
18:8e:d5:05:78:d5. NetTv has not worked for months. WHAT TO DO?

ADOLFO MARTINEZ
04-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Hi, Nilla67

Based on my experience, What I did was to PHISICALLY unplug the TV, at least one minute or more. Then, plug and switch on.
I faced net connecting problem twice and i solved it doing that, as Phillips team recommended.

Try it.

Hope it helps!!

Nilla67
05-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Thank you Adolfo but it didn´t help.

I have emailed the support and hopefully they will help me. The wierd thing is I can use the TVGuide via the network but Net TV and firmware upgrade will not work (current is 99.0). I´m not sure I dare to do an USB upgrade on the TV though.

trncat
05-05-2013, 06:41 AM
Hi Guys,

the same problem here, "to complete net tv sign in...". Tried everything: clearing tv memory, reinstalling tv, installing newest version of firmware, philips support (btw since october 2012 no reply:((probably very busy) any idea what can possibly solve this issue ? My TV`s MAC address 18:8e:d5:59:79:5d. would appreciate any help! thanx...

pepecarlos
05-21-2013, 08:39 AM
Hello I have the same problem:

Ethernet MAC Address: 18:8e:d5:53:9c:c5 (unplugged)
Wireless MAC Address:: D0A:EEC:262:B37

Thanks.

Karolja
05-22-2013, 08:15 PM
:confused::confused:Hello, i have the Same problem.

Ethernet Mac : 18:8e:d5:5d:61:3e

Thanks

pepecarlos
05-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Any News?

the error still occurs, When philips will fix this error?

Karolja
05-27-2013, 12:43 PM
The error message still appears. I have unplugged the tv, even fisically, but nothing happens.

Ethernet Mac : 18:8e:d5:5d:61:3e

Thanks

TeodorR
05-30-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm affraid problems on connecting Smart TV .

My TV is a 32PFL6007K/12 and it stopped connecting yesterday, showing the message "To complete NetTv sign-in....etc..."

MAC : 18:8e:d5:a4:0d:97
MAC WI-FI : D0:AE:EC:1D:FC: D4

I tried to re-install and nothing changed...TV does not show SmartTV
Thanks.

viachaslau
05-30-2013, 04:02 PM
The same problem
TV is a 46PFL8007K/12 and it stopped connecting today.
The message "To complete NetTv sign-in.........."

MAC WI-FI: D0:AE:EC:2F:E3:5C

cane dina
05-30-2013, 09:40 PM
again ang again
i live in Bosnia and Herzegovina-Sarajevo
help me pls
mac address 18 8E D5 D6 05 D3. Help me please.

itzhac
05-31-2013, 07:52 AM
Hello, i have the Same problem.
"To complete NetTv sign-in....etc..."

Ethernet Mac 00:90:3e:f8:5b:09

jliberm@gmail.com
05-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Today I got the same problem
MAC Address : d0:ae:ec:27:59:bb

kenan
05-31-2013, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=itzhac;57870]Hello, i have the Same problem.
"To complete NetTv sign-in....etc..."

Ethernet Mac 18:8e:d5:a3:86:ef

THY

magikels
06-01-2013, 04:46 AM
I'm also experiencing the same problem.
I have already updated the firmware manually but to no avail.
This is very frustrating as it seems philips is not doing anything to solve this problem.

magikels
06-01-2013, 05:00 AM
This has something to do with the server as i could login to my skype account.
Philips...you should check your server's authentication policies...it may have been corrupted or something. :D

magikels
06-01-2013, 09:28 AM
My Smart TV started working after i have re-installed the TV. But after i turn the TV off and turn it on again, i can not login again unless i re-install the TV again. :(

ABG
06-01-2013, 12:00 PM
After installation of latest versions of firmware a few days ago on my both TVs appeared message "To complete NetTv sign-in....etc...". Clearing network cache helps, but after reboot error repeats again.

32PFL5007T

MAC (Ethernet): 18:8e:d5:e7:46:36

40PFL9705H

MAC (WiFi): 5c:33:8e:2d:4d:b4

Toengel
06-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Hi,

is it working, if you setup your TV time manually?

Toengel@Alex

ABG
06-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Everything works ok after manual time setup or clerain cache, but error apperas again after reboot.

Toengel
06-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi,

is the manual time still correct after the reboot?

Toengel@Alex

ABG
06-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Yes, the manual time is still correct, but network cache is needed to be cleared to "repair" SmartTV. Then everything repeats again. :(
thanks for help!

pepecarlos
06-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Hi,

The issue was solved.

Thanks.

viachaslau
06-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Network cash clearing & Setup TV time manually doesn't help in my case. Still waiting for the answer from support.

MAC WI-FI: D0:AE:EC:2F:E3:5C

kenan
06-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Same :
Network cash clearing & Setup TV time manually doesn't help in my case. Still waiting for the answer from support.

18:8e:d5:a3:86:ef
WF D0:AE:EC:35:C7:C2

Hope it will fix soon..

Géraldine
06-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Hello,
We are very frustrated cannot connect smart tv to internet.
Our MAC 18: 8e:d5:a5:eb:df
Tv ref 47PFL6007

Please help!
Thanks

viachaslau
06-02-2013, 05:28 PM
I fix my problem. After cash clearing i am simply turn off the TV via remote control. That's doesn't help. It is necessary to reboot the TV over the corresponding item in the TV menu. All your settings will be erased. But it works. :)

kenan
06-02-2013, 05:51 PM
I fix my problem. After cash clearing i am simply turn off the TV via remote control. That's doesn't help. It is necessary to reboot the TV over the corresponding item in the TV menu. All your settings will be erased. But it works. :)

TV menu??? Where ??

viachaslau
06-03-2013, 08:56 AM
menu / configuration / TV settings / general settings / Reboot TV - must be something like this. To find "Reboot TV" menu item you must scroll down. Its one of the last item.

if you select Russian language it will be

меню/конфигурация/настройки ТВ/общие настройки/перезагрузка ТВ

Géraldine
06-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Thank you everyone. problem solved with TV reboot...
At moment I am stuck on Smart TV screen with screen "Enter 4 digits code for parental control", there are four stars **** and I have not managed to type the 4 digits!!!!
Any idea??
Thank you in advance

heartless.melody
06-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Thank you everyone. problem solved with TV reboot...
At moment I am stuck on Smart TV screen with screen "Enter 4 digits code for parental control", there are four stars **** and I have not managed to type the 4 digits!!!!
Any idea??
Thank you in advance

Are you referring to this one:

Parental control
To lock Adult 18+ rated apps, switch on Smart TV parental control by selecting Enable and then press OK. Enter an unlock PIN code of your choice. Confirm your PIN code. Adult 18+ rated apps are now locked. To open a locked app, select the app and press OK. The TV will ask you to enter your 4-digit code.

OR

Change code
To change the current Child lock code, press h, select S Setup and press OK.
Select Channel settings > Child lock > Change code. Enter the current code and then enter the new code twice. The new code is set.

Forgotten your code?
If you have forgotten your code to unlock, enter '8888' or call Consumer Care in your country. Find the telephone number.

from: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/47pfl6007h_12/47pfl6007h_12_dfu_eng.pdf

Hope this helps,
</3

kenan
06-03-2013, 10:48 AM
menu / configuration / TV settings / general settings / Reboot TV - must be something like this. To find "Reboot TV" menu item you must scroll down. Its one of the last item.

if you select Russian language it will be

меню/конфигурация/настройки ТВ/общие настройки/перезагрузка ТВ

TY BRO.. its working ....

viaria
06-03-2013, 01:53 PM
some websites needs silverlight bud that can not be installed is there an alternatief

Buskopan
06-04-2013, 11:16 AM
1992Have tried to send email, but it returns. Please help. Got the same problem.

Buskopan
06-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Solved after complete reboot to factory defaults. Not the best way as now I spending my time to set all channels back :/

kenan
06-04-2013, 09:18 PM
1992Have tried to send email, but it returns. Please help. Got the same problem.
do this..

Originally Posted by viachaslau

heartless.melody
06-05-2013, 07:01 AM
Troubleshooting Steps that needs to be done for Smart/Net TV Issue:
1.Reset TV and Router. Turn both TV and router off, unplug from power socket and wait for 5 mins.
2.Turn on Router 1st and wait for it to boot. Once it is ready for use turn on TV.
3.Reconnect the TV to your router. Go through the Network Settings.
4.Clear the Internet Memory ( Home > Setup > Network Settings > Clear Internet memory).
5.Check if you have the latest software version.
6. Reinstall/Reboot your TV (Home > Setup > TV Settings > Reinstall TV)
7.Check with Philips Server or Portal Manager if address is being blocked. Provide your Ethernet and Wireless MAC Address.

Anything else I missed for this one?
Thanks in advance for any additional information.

Hope this helps,
</3

Buskopan
06-05-2013, 08:24 AM
do this..

Originally Posted by viachaslau
yes this is exactly what is did and solved the problem. But this is not best way as you loosing all channels that you set.

Tx Zaur

Jymmy
06-06-2013, 12:29 PM
In my case rebootting the tv dosent work. I change the time settings to manual mode and the problem was fixed. tv model : 47PFL6907T/12.

Jymmy

heartless.melody
06-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Troubleshooting Steps that needs to be done for Smart/Net TV Issue:
1.Reset TV and Router. Turn both TV and router off, unplug from power socket and wait for 5 mins.
2.Turn on Router 1st and wait for it to boot. Once it is ready for use turn on TV.
3.Reconnect the TV to your router. Go through the Network Settings.
4.Clear the Internet Memory ( Home > Setup > Network Settings > Clear Internet memory).
5.Check if you have the latest software version.
6. Reinstall/Reboot your TV (Home > Setup > TV Settings > Reinstall TV)
7.Check with Philips Server or Portal Manager if address is being blocked. Provide your Ethernet and Wireless MAC Address.

Anything else I missed for this one?
Thanks in advance for any additional information.

Hope this helps,
</3

In my case rebootting the tv dosent work. I change the time settings to manual mode and the problem was fixed. tv model : 47PFL6907T/12.

Jymmy

Additional:
8. Change the Time Settings to Manual Mode.

sasan
06-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Dears

I did all solution and solved problem.
but today My TV faced to problem again.
what should i do?
i want to solve permanently....

please help....

RolandPhilipsTV
06-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Hi there,

I had the same "To-complete-NetTV-sign-in-please-switch-your-TV-set-off-and-on-again" issue. It suddenly appeared after months a operation without any problem. Clearing the NetTV memory solved it until a reboot of the tv. Then the problem appeared again. The other 7 options mentioned in a previous posting did not resolve the issue.
So I decided to try the "reset to factory defaults".
To be sure, I switched off the tv and after a minute or so I switched it on again.

After the reset NetTV worked again!

Apparently there is some hidden setting or configuration error that can only be corrected by a factory reset and not by the normal user settings.

I did some further investigation and found out what caused the NetTV problem in my case.
When I installed the tv a long time ago, as country I chose "International". However, NetTV worked fine at that time and I could change "International" to "Netherlands (that's where I live) in the AppGallery to use Dutch applications.

However, since a few weeks NetTV apparently has a problem with this configuration. When I deleted the NetTV memory, the NetTV was set to default value "International" and worked fine. But as soon as I changed the country into "Netherlands" in the AppGallery, NetTV stopped worked after switching off and on the TV.
Unfortunately, changing the countrycode of the TV is only possible by resetting the TV to factory defaults.

Is this a bug that the NetTV application, that it does not allow changing the country to another country as the tv default country setting anymore? Or is this intentional?

Good luck!

sasan
06-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Dear
I did all solution but after the some days appeared again.

what should i Do?

thanks for cooperation.

heartless.melody
06-18-2013, 02:11 AM
Dear
I did all solution but after the some days appeared again.

what should i Do?

thanks for cooperation.

Do the troubleshooting again, if after a few days its the same contact your Consumer care for further assistance.

sasan
06-22-2013, 04:02 PM
i did all solution again and again even i check with an other ISP
wireless mac: D0:AE:EC:21:B8F8
eth mac: 18:8e:d5:d5:26:14

im begging from all of you ,please help me....

heartless.melody
06-29-2013, 04:53 AM
i did all solution again and again even i check with an other ISP
wireless mac: D0:AE:EC:21:B8F8
eth mac: 18:8e:d5:d5:26:14

im begging from all of you ,please help me....

Have you done this?
8. Change the Time Settings to Manual Mode. (correct the time and date manually)
If its still the same, Send your wireless mac: D0:AE:EC:21:B8F8 and eth mac: 18:8e:d5:d5:26:14 to NetTV.support@TPVision.com.

alexm78
07-21-2013, 05:15 AM
Hello,
did as you said, running 3 days.
Thank you

Hi there,

I had the same "To-complete-NetTV-sign-in-please-switch-your-TV-set-off-and-on-again" issue. It suddenly appeared after months a operation without any problem. Clearing the NetTV memory solved it until a reboot of the tv. Then the problem appeared again. The other 7 options mentioned in a previous posting did not resolve the issue.
So I decided to try the "reset to factory defaults".
To be sure, I switched off the tv and after a minute or so I switched it on again.

After the reset NetTV worked again!

Apparently there is some hidden setting or configuration error that can only be corrected by a factory reset and not by the normal user settings.

I did some further investigation and found out what caused the NetTV problem in my case.
When I installed the tv a long time ago, as country I chose "International". However, NetTV worked fine at that time and I could change "International" to "Netherlands (that's where I live) in the AppGallery to use Dutch applications.

However, since a few weeks NetTV apparently has a problem with this configuration. When I deleted the NetTV memory, the NetTV was set to default value "International" and worked fine. But as soon as I changed the country into "Netherlands" in the AppGallery, NetTV stopped worked after switching off and on the TV.
Unfortunately, changing the countrycode of the TV is only possible by resetting the TV to factory defaults.

Is this a bug that the NetTV application, that it does not allow changing the country to another country as the tv default country setting anymore? Or is this intentional?

Good luck!

sundaydiver
03-31-2014, 09:45 AM
The message “To complete Net TV sign-in, please switch your TV off and on” keeps popping up when accessing Net TV, despite you did turn off and on your TV?

Activate the TV’s menu and via -> Setup -> TV settings; chose to re-install your TV.

After this the issue will be solved.
In addition to the above I had to clear the cache.
Just out of curiosity - what caused this problem in the first place?