PDA

View Full Version : 42PFL7606H/12 - Images from NAS (slideshow)

DennisFeer
10-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Hi all,

This is my first post on these forums, I hope I have chosen the right area to post this!

We have a lot of images on our NAS (QNAP TS-459 pro) now I want these to show up on our 8 TV's (42PFL7606H/12 the 7000 series)
So we also bought 8pcs WIFI USB-adapter and connected it to our Network

Then I have created a very basic HTML page with some javascript to show up a slideshow.
So we have 8 TV's showing different slideshows out of different maps on our NAS (which has a build in webserver)

So far so good, but for some reason the transitions between the images are real ugly
It seems that the TV browser is not capable of handling javascript

Does anybody has experience with a full screen (important!) slideshow in a browser and a philips tv (NET TV)
(I have also tried the build in Multimedia Station on the QNAP, but this has the same problem)
And no the images are not to big (average 70kb per image)

Thanks

Philips - Benedickte
10-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post on these forums, I hope I have chosen the right area to post this!

We have a lot of images on our NAS (QNAP TS-459 pro) now I want these to show up on our 8 TV's (42PFL7606H/12 the 7000 series)
So we also bought 8pcs WIFI USB-adapter and connected it to our Network

Then I have created a very basic HTML page with some javascript to show up a slideshow.
So we have 8 TV's showing different slideshows out of different maps on our NAS (which has a build in webserver)

So far so good, but for some reason the transitions between the images are real ugly
It seems that the TV browser is not capable of handling javascript

Does anybody has experience with a full screen (important!) slideshow in a browser and a philips tv (NET TV)
(I have also tried the build in Multimedia Station on the QNAP, but this has the same problem)
And no the images are not to big (average 70kb per image)

Thanks

Hi DennisFeer.

I can inform you that our TV's does not support Javascript and this is the reason why it seems like the TV browser is not capable of handeling these webpages.

Best regards,
Benedickte

DennisFeer
10-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Hello Benedickte,
Thanks for replying, well noted.....but do you have any other option so we can show up a fullscreen slideshow?
In other words is there another language that the TV browser is capable to show?

p4u
10-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi DennisFeer.

I can inform you that our TV's does not support Javascript and this is the reason why it seems like the TV browser is not capable of handeling these webpages.

Best regards,
Benedickte

I'm sorry to inform you that this is wrong from a user's and from a developer's point of view. Did you mean that TVP/Philips does not officially support using JavaScript on a website when shown with the sold TV set.

Reason: HbbTV (http://www.hbbtv.org/pages/about_hbbtv/specification.php), NetTV (http://www.yourappontv.com/home) itself as well as the Smart TV Alliance (http://www.smarttv-alliance.org/SDK/SDKOverview.aspx) (see corresponding links if needed) clearly name JavaScript as a requirement for its functionality to be provided. As fas as I know all TVP/Philips TV sets from 2011 provide support for HbbTV and NetTV (SmartTV).

I hope that the statement was a little bit unclear and not based on misinformation within your company.

To answer the original question: Most likely the performance of the browser is to low to show a smooth fade while changing from one image to another. This could be bad software or that the used MIPS processor is simply to slow for that use.