PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Playlists - NetTv Bug?

pro_evo
12-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Question: What is the purpose of a playlist?
Answer: To play several videos in a row.

Problem:That does not work in Philips Net Tv, does it?

I choose my playlist and the TV shows me the thumbnails of the videos.-> ok

When I select for example the first one, NetTV stops playback afterwars and does not continue playing the next video !?
There not even is a button to start the next one manually.

If that does not work, the "YouTube Playlist Function" in Philips NetTV is totally useless.
(But it would be very useful if it would work)

Help would be very appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

pro_evo
12-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Shouldn't be too difficult to understand/reproduce this simple but frustrating problem.

Noone here who can say something about it?

Registered myself here because I thought this is the absolute right spot for my problem as there even is an own subforum for NetTV -> Youtube ?!

Ger@rd
04-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I fully agree with user pro_evo. The Youtube application is nice, but we are not able to use all the features of the playlist, like the Youtube site do. A problem araise when we want to play the complete tracklist of the Youtube playlist. During birthday parties is it a shame to show this application. It is not a problem to programm (and play) the playlist on the Youtube site by using a computer machine. But I am sure that it will create value for customers if they are able to play the tracklist automatically. At the moment we have to switch off our television during parties, that's a pitty!

pro_evo
05-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah it would be very nice for parties, entertainment etc.
Prepare your list, freinds coming, start the playlist and you're done.

Sad but as long as TV Software works like this, I will continue using my TV as a nice, dumb, big display and nothing more.

"Brain work" is done by other devices.

Zuegi
12-16-2011, 09:17 PM
A functional Youtube-App would be great.. Is there in the meantime a workaround or a solution available that the customers
can play the youtube playlists in all?

Thx for every support and tipps!!

Wimpie76
01-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Feedback would be appreciated!

I can only agree with all comments made by Zuegi, pro-evo and Ger@rd.

I am not finding any useful information on the internet,. Therefore, I really hope someone from Philips (administrator?) can finally comment on this topic.

Is there a workaround? Is Philips planning to implement this? If so, by when?

Thanks for your feedback!

Marek
02-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Why Philips is not responding to this YouTube playlist disfuncionality? Why YouTube playlist created on a computer cannot be played automatically? It's a joke to have it as an option because it's not an option at all!

Philips please do a quick fix now! Please respond to all of us Philips customers!

paul_delabastita
02-17-2012, 06:40 AM
This is a long standing problem that needs to be addressed indeed. Youtube is an obvious example of an application that should work on NetTv. In addition to the problem of the playlist, I noticed that some Youtube video fragments "play" (the progress bar indicates activity) without sound or image. Once this has happened, other video fragments that normally do work have the same behavior (no sound, no image).