PDA

View Full Version : MHP in Italy

Roger Stanyard
10-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Philips smart TVs with the model number ending in 08/M are suppose to be only for the Italian market. In Italy the normal content platform is MHP, provided by the broadcasters like Mediaset and RAI.

So if I buy a Philips smart TV set in Italy can I both access Philips Net TV and MHP services such as Mediaset Premium Play through it or can I only get one of the services?

If I set the TV up, does it require me to choose between the two on installation or can I switch between the two as I like?

robertwm
11-02-2012, 07:37 AM
DigiTAG Annual Public Seminar, Geneva. Between 25-30% of TV sets sold next year in Italy are likely to be MHP-enabled, according to Mediaset’s Alberto Sigismondi.

Roger Stanyard
11-02-2012, 09:46 AM
DigiTAG Annual Public Seminar, Geneva. Between 25-30% of TV sets sold next year in Italy are likely to be MHP-enabled, according to Mediasetís Alberto Sigismondi.

Robert, do you know when Alberto Sigismondi made this statement? It seems to be pretty dated.

Roger Stanyard
11-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Roberto, I've just traced it down and it was a statement by Sigismondi made iin November 2009 for expected sales in 2010 so it's way out of date. Gold Label MHP ITDVs didn't appear on the market until late 2010/2011 IIRC.

As far as I can make out nearly all smart TV models sold in Italy today are Gold Labell MHP, the exception being some low end models under Euros 400.