PDA

View Full Version : Projection with wifi media connector is laggy

Michael_B
10-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I am currently using Wi-Fi MediaConnect USB stick to watch the computer screen on my TV. Everything works fine except for the fact that the projection is lagging very much.
The projection goes through my router wireless from computer. My computer is well above requirements and i have tried to set resolution to minimum but it is still lagging a lot.

The program tells me that my bandwidth is too small and that i should lower some quality settings but everything i can lower is on minimum and its still lagging.

Do I need to buy a better router to increase the bandwidth or is there other ways of doing it?

Niels
10-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi Michael,

The wifi media connect doesn't work for me either. That means: it works a bit, but is far too slow.
My laptop and router have higher network speeds than the wifi speed of the TV.
There are other ways to play computer content on your TV, but it depends on what you want.
If you are trying to project pictures or movies from the computer on the TV, you better use the menu option "open PC" or "open USB" in the TV .
With open PC, you can access media on your computer (shared pictures, music, video).
This works at acceptable speeds, but the media browsing functionality of the TV is very limited.

BTW: another way is to have your media files on a network drive (NAS)

Niels

Michael_B
10-11-2012, 01:50 PM
I have used the "open PC" feature and it works great.

What I really was intrested in was a way to stream a movie or something else on the internet and see it on the TV wireless. But if I understand you correctly Niels, this is not possible because the Wifi media connector (or TV) can't handle that much information transfer wireless, right?

Niels
10-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Michael,

With the "open PC" option you can also play movies (depends on format) when you first download them and put them in a shared (network) drive.
To stream a movie from the internet you better use the youtube app on NetTV (smartTV) or browse with the TV to the specific page. The results of streaming movies with Wifi Media Connect are not sufficient for this (at least not in my case).

Niels